Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:19 pm
I believe intuition is a real thing, and so is cooincidence and so is shaping out the events...I wouldn't call it a psychic though...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:02 pm
Intuition is not necessarily psychic. It is hard to tell whether a thought is suggested by demons though. This happens to everyone.  

Fallpray

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:14 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Elite Dragoon
Dark Angel Rai
You're not getting it. Just because God is loving does not mean he should be this cruel monster that people have painted him as such. Being loving means you have compassion for others. If you give them a cruel punishment then that compassion is gone. Think about it.

But the bible says that God is a just God, also that yes he is an angry and jealous God.

Why? Youre right it doesn't make sense, if he is so loving and compassionate and perfect why would he be jealous and angry?

Again, because we are molded after his image of perfection.

Reason in being, think of this.

If you had made something so beautiful and poured your heart and soul into it? Wouldn't you be angry if someone took your work as their own and flaunted it.

This is about the same as us worshiping other things. It's our disobedience that angers him, because we are giving credit to something else that doesn't deserve it and not give credit to the one who poured his work over it, that being us.
it seems to me that it's the other way around. Humanity has give God human emotions. Not God giving humans these emotions. If someone took my work of art, I could care less. It's crap anyways, I always sign my name, and work to improve my art. So in a year or so, my style would change.

Lolz even though you're off the subject; I think BOTH of you are right. God has given us these emotions, yes, but because we're sinful, we have tainted these emotions. Now, even love is distorted because we couple it with sinful lust, such as taking a husband's wife or something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:21 pm
ChibiLi
Dark Angel Rai
Elite Dragoon
Dark Angel Rai
You're not getting it. Just because God is loving does not mean he should be this cruel monster that people have painted him as such. Being loving means you have compassion for others. If you give them a cruel punishment then that compassion is gone. Think about it.

But the bible says that God is a just God, also that yes he is an angry and jealous God.

Why? Youre right it doesn't make sense, if he is so loving and compassionate and perfect why would he be jealous and angry?

If you had made something so beautiful and poured your heart and soul into it? Wouldn't you be angry if someone took your work as their own and flaunted it.

This is about the same as us worshiping other things. It's our disobedience that angers him, because we are giving credit to something else that doesn't deserve it and not give credit to the one who poured his work over it, that being us.
it seems to me that it's the other way around. Humanity has give God human emotions. Not God giving humans these emotions. If someone took my work of art, I could care less. It's crap anyways, I always sign my name, and work to improve my art. So in a year or so, my style would change.

Lolz even though you're off the subject; I think BOTH of you are right. God has given us these emotions, yes, but because we're sinful, we have tainted these emotions. Now, even love is distorted because we couple it with sinful lust, such as taking a husband's wife or something.

I think you are confusing judging and condemnation.

Judge (in the verb sense)
- form an opinion or conclusion about

Condemn
- express complete disapproval of, typically in public; censure
- find (someone) guilty of a criminal act or wrong.
• sentence (someone) to a particular punishment, esp. death
• (of circumstances) force (someone) to endure something unpleasant or undesirable (such as HELL)

God is the ultimate Judge. Look at the OT and the 10 COMMANDMENTS - not suggestions...
Also, look at the NT where Paul speaks about judgement and go on to where you should excommunicate a person after failure to take into his mind three separate warnings.

WE are not to condemn, but the judge and form an opinion. If we did not do this, most of us would die pretty quickly. (No Judgement: I'm going to run in the middle of the Freeway/ Highway! - Judgement is Present: I should not run in the middle of the Freeway/ Highway because it is dangerous and just plain stupid because cars are going really fast and could kill me.) God will not condemn us with us being His children and followers of Christ.

Also... magic is evil and it says it in the Bible MANY times. You cannot deny it. Jesus did NOT say that because He came to make a new law that we should not follow the old one(s).

You cannot have compassion without judgement, nor can you have judgement without compassion (THAT is called condemnation...), otherwise, the compassion is null and the judgement is null. God is PERFECT!!!!! And we will NEVER understand Him and his Just, and Compassionate ways. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also...

A spiritual gift used to the Glory of God cannot be evil. If it is given by the Greatest Good, then it cannot be evil. The tainting comes from the evil use of it. The same is with Love. Love, and sex, is forever and meant for commitments of eternity.

Hope this clears up some things...  

SloanSage

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm
SloanSage
ChibiLi
Dark Angel Rai
Elite Dragoon
Dark Angel Rai

Condemn
• (of circumstances) force (someone) to endure something unpleasant or undesirable (such as HELL)

God is the ultimate Judge. Look at the OT and the 10 COMMANDMENTS - not suggestions...
Also, look at the NT where Paul speaks about judgement and go on to where you should excommunicate a person after failure to take into his mind three separate warnings.

WE are not to condemn, but the judge and form an opinion. If we did not do this, most of us would die pretty quickly. (No Judgement: I'm going to run in the middle of the Freeway/ Highway! - Judgement is Present: I should not run in the middle of the Freeway/ Highway because it is dangerous and just plain stupid because cars are going really fast and could kill me.) God will not condemn us with us being His children and followers of Christ.

Also... magic is evil and it says it in the Bible MANY times. You cannot deny it. Jesus did NOT say that because He came to make a new law that we should not follow the old one(s).

You cannot have compassion without judgement, nor can you have judgement without compassion (THAT is called condemnation...), otherwise, the compassion is null and the judgement is null. God is PERFECT!!!!! And we will NEVER understand Him and his Just, and Compassionate ways. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also...

A spiritual gift used to the Glory of God cannot be evil. If it is given by the Greatest Good, then it cannot be evil. The tainting comes from the evil use of it. The same is with Love. Love, and sex, is forever and meant for commitments of eternity.

Where did judgement and condemnation come from? I'm talking about how God's emotions, who misunderstood by us, are perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:07 pm
ChibiLi
SloanSage
ChibiLi
Dark Angel Rai
Elite Dragoon
Dark Angel Rai

Condemn

Also...

Where did judgement and condemnation come from? I'm talking about how God's emotions, who misunderstood by us, are perfect.

I was responding to the two whom I quoted

Yes, God's emotions are perfect. I was trying to explain above two of his qualities and emotions.

You cannot have great judgement without compassion, but still, there is judgement. Judgement without compassion is condemnation.  

SloanSage

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces