Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Witches Stitches : using textiles in the craft Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I-onishi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:35 pm
Once your circle is cast and all is in place we can begin our embroidery . Take the hoop and separate the two pieces . Lay down the solid hoop and place your fabric on top. You are going to center the design you will begin with in the middle of your circle or if you are doing a boarder you may put it closer to the edge , but you need to have at least 1 inch of fabric hanging down the side ( I recommend more than that). Taking the second hoop (the one with the metal screw looking piece in it place it one top and wedge it down until the two are even and the fabric is taught inside the circle of the hoop. Once this is done you will thread your needle (embroidery) with your chosen color of thread. Now tie a big knot in the end so that it wont come out. You will next poke it thru the back of the fabric where you wan to begin you design. My personal choice for stitching is a split stitch. Following your chalk marks poke the needle a little farther down the line (1/8 inch about). Pull it thru on the other side. Then insert the thread back a little ways thru the last part of the previous stitch. (pic 1). Now just follow your design and think strongly of the attribute of the design your making. If its fire , think of the attributes of fire you want to call forth. So forth and so on. Once one design is finished or the thread runs out , tie the thread in a big knot on the back side and clip . Once you are done with a single section and realize that the hoop needs to be moved , twist the screw on the side twice and pull gently . Now tighten the screw with two twists the other way and repeat as above. You may now start another part. Continue until the embroidery is done . This may take several sessions depending on what your making.

Now once your embroidery is done we move on to the finishing touches , the hem. Hemming is easy (putting a hem on something) once you get the hang of it. First take your embroidered cloth (top facing down) and fold on edge over about ¼ inch , now fold that again so that the edge of the fabric is hidden from view. (pic 2) Now threading s regular needle with regular thread you’ll begin by tying you knot and piercing the fabric at once side near the edge of the fold. Make sure that your fold is turned away from the front. You will now stitch with a running stitch . This is simply going into the fabric on one side and back in again in a line. (pic 3 ). Once this is accomplished on one side you will go to the opposite side of the cloth and fold it up , then one of the other sides and then the forth. (pic 4). You now have a hem and all mundane parts are finished.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:43 pm
Blessing and cleansing your cloth are important steps in having a great alter cloth. One that is not blessed may interfere with any workings done around or on top of it. For blessing it you will need
Pentacle or plate of salt
The other items are optional
candle , white (holder and lighter)
incense holder and lighter ( I like sandalwood for this purpose)
Light those things that light , place plate and alter in side circle. Now cast your circle . Taking the alter cloth and touching each corner in turn to the salt say
“ I consecrate thee oh cloth of the alter ,
To cleanse and purify , so that you may server me in the circle ,
So that you may take your place as part of magic,
In the name of the Lord and Lady , you are consecrated”
Now call back your circle and you are done . All that’s left is to clean up .  

I-onishi

I-onishi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm
Pictures will be posted here shortly Im still having some troubles with it.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games