Zelda Ocarina of Time Debug Rom and Beta Stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:34 pm
HOLD THE CRAP ON! try it on every controller! it probably only works on the third or forth controller!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:44 pm
That didn't do anything either. It's really no big deal to me, since I have a save state set for the warp menu, it's just weird that the in-game shortcut doesn't work. At this point my only ideas are that it has something to do with my PJ64 settings, that I only used a few of the fixes in Zelda Edit, or that I've been using file 1. But I'm not terribly worried about figuring it out.  

GuruGuru214

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:49 pm
unfortunatly to my knoledge it can not possibly have to do with thoses things confused  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:53 am
It helps if you have a save state for the map select like GuruGuru214 did, because it's more convenient. It helps as you can return to the screen, even if the game is frozen.

As for the Hyrulean game, if you are using Project 64, it will not work, but I suggest that you download Rice's video plugin and use that instead. The room's not too interesting, though, it's just the Hyrule Castle stealth bit with a free camera setting.  

Michi is a cat

videogame531

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:11 pm
Holy crap i never knew stuff like this exsited super cool!!!
this stuff is sweet i love it  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:21 am
A similar "Map Select" function can be unlocked on Majora's mask using a cheat code. I have the US version (most common) of the game and the code is:

811BDA04 00C7
811BDA06 ADF0
811BDA08 00C7
811BDA0A E2D0
811BDA0C 8080
811BDA0E 0910
811BDA10 8080
811BDA12 3DF0
811BDA18 8080
811BDA1A 1B4C
811BDA1C 8080
811BDA1E 1B28

However, it will not enable any of the other debug functions.

[Edit]

Has anyone managed to get the data editor working? It doesn't seem to work on my computer.  

Michi is a cat

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:27 pm
Yes, I know, necroing an ancient thread is frowned upon, but I would rather post this in this thread than give it a new one. A debug ROM of Majora's Mask was released to the internet back in March, reportedly after the person who released it paid $3000 to obtain it. Most download links have been removed by now, making it extremely difficult to find, but it turns out that one of the top results for the ROM on Youtube currently has working download links.

As for what the ROM's capable of, it's pretty much the same as the Ocarina of Time ROM. There's still the Free Movement and Debug Camera modes and the Inventory Editor, which work more or less the same way as before, and there's still the room select mode, which no longer runs upon loading the first save file. The room names are still in Japanese, and I don't believe a translation patch is available right now, though there is a list of what each room is somewhere on the internet.

New is an Environmental Control, controlled by controller 4. I haven't tried it yet and I'm not sure exactly what it does other than allow you to change the clock.

Hopefully some of you will be interested and check it out, and I'll try to get some screenshots up if anyone wants them.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:25 pm
back when i could use my GC AR i found similar maps for Wind Waker. boss test rooms and enemy hordes and such, as well as jar rooms testing the various physics of the game. kinda neat but going to each one required a system restart.

neat stuff though.  

Xilo The Odd

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 pm
Argh, the rom suddenly stopped working on the computer, and reformatting the computer doesn't help. Strangely enough, it runs almost perfectly on an iPad...

Oh, and regarding the mysterious initials "SRD", I noticed that SRD also appeared in Twilight Princess' staff roll, either under "Special Thanks" or "Product Testing".  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 pm
Duuuude. I wanna play with this stuff now. owo  

Triforce Me Hard

Witty Lunatic

14,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:18 am
You damn kids and your 'HAXORS' and your 'DE-BUGS' and the 'ARWINGS' and the jello puddin pops diddly-do-bop.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff