Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince release pushed back Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T O X ii C - P o C k Y

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:27 pm
A friend told me and I thought she had heard some false rumor. So, naturally, I looked it up on both mugglenet and Stephanie Meyer's site. I burst into to tears when I realized it was true. I have been waiting for this since I left the theatre after seeing the fifth movie. How could they do this to me?! -sobs again-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:43 am
Kirby_Komatose
Grey Gardens
Kirby_Komatose
Grey Gardens

I hate them. smile

Hahahahaha! It's hilarious how you can say that and smile!

As a response to the thread...I think a part of me just died inside... emo

I said it with a smile so you guys didn't get the idea that I was going to go kill them or something.
Or maybe the smile just fueled that idea, lol?

I whole-heartedly agree! They ruined my year by delaying the release! If we killed them though...who else would make/produce/release the movies? Hmm, quite a dilema we find ourselves in.

They can find another company to finace the movies in a heartbeat. Warners doesn't produce the movie, an actual person does that razz
They do, obviously release it to, and advertise it, but like I said, they can find another company to do that quickly.

Also... An extremely huge reason why Batman even made so much money was because of Heath Ledger's death earlier this year and since the other movie he was working on obviously isn't coming out anytime soon, everyone wanted to see him.

Plus, last year Harry Potter beat tons of records in terms of most money ever maid in a film so it's not like the fanbase is declining. Hey, they may now even lose money by pushing it back soo god damn long now.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

KatieInTheBox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:20 pm
Scotties MiaKitty
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding? Please say you're kidding? Please say this is all a cruel joke!!!

HOW DARE THEY!!!!

*sigh* although... The Dark Knight was pretty awesome..

But how can they expect to compete with Batman? Batman's been around since like, what, the 60's? 50's? Harry Potter is a big deal,yeah, but it's not a big deal that's spread over practically every generation that's currently living! AND THEY'RE BUMPING IT BACK FOR THAT?!
User Image
Popular since the 50's, he first appear in a comic in 1939. Also they don't want to compete with Dark Night for movie awards. By moving it back a year, they move into the next year's awards.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:00 am
I didn't believe it at first either...and I was most upset untill I seen where twilight is taking it's place, so I still can skip school that day.

Harry Potter movies always come out in winter. T.T  

KimCL
Captain

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:24 pm
Normally, I prefer to be eloquent, but today I'll settle for...this sucks! My little sisters are going to be so disappointed, and I do NOT take kindly to people upsetting my sisters. evil

Quote:
I say we revolt! Free Potter! scream

That's hilarious! I think we should too. We'll go with picket signs in front of their headquarters and chant "Free Potter!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:52 am
KatieInTheBox
Scotties MiaKitty

Are you kidding? Please say you're kidding? Please say this is all a cruel joke!!!

HOW DARE THEY!!!!

But how can they expect to compete with Batman? Batman's been around since like, what, the 60's? 50's? Harry Potter is a big deal,yeah, but it's not a big deal that's spread over practically every generation that's currently living! AND THEY'RE BUMPING IT BACK FOR THAT?!
User Image
Popular since the 50's, he first appear in a comic in 1939. Also they don't want to compete with Dark Night for movie awards. By moving it back a year, they move into the next year's awards.

Lol... Harry Potter is rarely ever up for any actual major movie awards that the Dark Knight will be.

It's all to make more money, don't let them fool you lol.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:22 am
My best friend told me and I about slapped her. HBP is my favorite book, along with DH. I was so freaked out. It's stupid because the same amount of people who would see it in the summer, would see it in the winter too because they are fans anyways. I think they will lose more money then they gain and we can laugh in their faces. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:40 am
I was in the middle of a reallt nice place for dinner with my family when I found out and I FLIPPED! I thought my aunt was lying to me until I checked my phone and saw she wasn't... I'm sad to see HP being moved to next year, but I'm also kinda happy to see Twilight moved up. Now I don't have to fight with my mom over which movie was the best one this year!  

Goddess Of The Impossible

3,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

KatieInTheBox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:58 am
Grey Gardens
KatieInTheBox
Scotties MiaKitty

HOW DARE THEY!!!!

User Image

Lol... Harry Potter is rarely ever up for any actual major movie awards that the Dark Knight will be.

I thought for the actors, and staff. Best director, best actor, best effects, that kind of thing all shared the same award. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:48 am
KatieInTheBox
Grey Gardens
KatieInTheBox
Scotties MiaKitty

HOW DARE THEY!!!!

User Image

I thought for the actors, and staff. Best director, best actor, best effects, that kind of thing all shared the same award. neutral

Yes... They do. But Harry Potter is rarely ever up for any of those... That's what I said.

Yes, they do win awards in lesser known mostly British awards but I don't think it happens very often.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

KatieInTheBox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:08 am
Grey Gardens
KatieInTheBox
Grey Gardens
KatieInTheBox
Scotties MiaKitty

HOW DARE THEY!!!!

User Image

Yes... They do. But Harry Potter is rarely ever up for any of those... That's what I said.

Yes, they do win awards in lesser known mostly British awards but I don't think it happens very often.

Point.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:16 am
That is sooo unfair! crying
Aw..
I was going to have a late birthday party and take some friends!

The Flower Seller

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:44 pm
The Flower Seller
That is sooo unfair! crying
Aw..
I was going to have a late birthday party and take some friends!

life is unfair.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 pm
For me, it's not having to wait longer for the film that's upsetting. It's the utter disregard for the fans who've made Harry Potter the phenomenon it is.

I know that "The fans should be treated better than this! We made HP what it is today!" is a ridiculous argument that's used too often, and I hate it when it's applied to JKR, who owes us precisely nothing. If it weren't for her genius, I don't know what I'd obsess over. She can do what she wants with Harry Potter because it's hers.

WB, on the other hand, have basically been leeching off JKR's creativity and the fact that there were already millions of fans ready to hand over hideous amounts of money for anything even tangentially Potter-related. Yes, Warner bought the rights and can do as they please with the franchise. It doesn't mean that they should, when they rely on a group of people who are, for the most part, fans of Joanne Rowling's work, not theirs.
An exchange of money does not buy anyone the loyalty of this rabid fangirl the people who loved the books. Warner Bros have not earned the right to mess with us like this and it's just inconsiderate to string us along.

But that's big business for you. Money is more important than anything else.

*steps off soapbox* Wow, that was more... impassioned than I intended it to be. I might just count to ten next time I'm angry.  

avocadopenguin

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces