True Christians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

b-asinine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:50 am
xxPromarkxx
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

That's basically my stand on this. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:02 am
xxPromarkxx
TrinityofLove
xxPromarkxx
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

User Image So get out of bed, step off your rooftop...

I think Ive heard that quote before from my "sunday school" (man it feels kinda juvenile to say that : P ) teacher. Im finding that it is quite true.. even with myself. I think everyone, to some extent, needs to work on it.

and just look around, hear the sound of God. User Image

its from ghandi i think... if im wrong correct me... its four am and I've slept a total of six hours in the last four days.
User Image
He has Redeemed Me!Though I

I agree. All of us are sinners, and we all can't be perfect. But Christ died for us, and if we were perfect or sinless, we wouldn't have needed the death and resurrection of Christ.

Anyways that quote could very well be from Ghandi. He also was the one who made famous/started the quote "love the sinner, hate the sins." Was Ghandi Christian?

User Image

am undeserving, He gave his life for mine.

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:57 am
No, he was Hindu.

Btw, you have a typo in your post. You need a space after the exclamation point.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:04 am
mmm TRUE CHRISTIANS...

someone whose NOT just a SUNDAY CHRISTIAN. who has witness GOD'S LOVE in their lives and they want to share this LOVE with people they love.

thats a TRUE CHRISTIAN.  

sunshinehearttrob

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:06 am
divineseraph
I am a bit.. turned away by "christians" the way it appears today. Something just seems off with all the over-acting and the obvious blindness of evangelicals.

Anyone else think jesus was an example of human perfection? You know, an example of what to be? That Jesus was pointing out a message, and it wasn't just his name engraved in gold leaf or little statues of him or talking in tongues and flopping on the ground whenever some jackhole says his name and hits you on the head with a palm-heel.

You know when you want to show a dog something, so you point at it? And what does the stupid animal do? It looks right at your finger. You're pointing at something really great, but the dog's hung up on your finger like "Oh wow, master! A finger! thanks for showing me!"

Seems to me like christians these days are the dogs, getting distracted the the fingerjesus pointing towards the way to being a good person.

i love the way you phrased that. but its so true  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:58 am
sunshinehearttrob
mmm TRUE CHRISTIANS...

someone whose NOT just a SUNDAY CHRISTIAN. who has witness GOD'S LOVE in their lives and they want to share this LOVE with people they love.

thats a TRUE CHRISTIAN.
In other words they are on the brink of extinction?
I know that was bad.

I am liking what I am reading. You all have very interesting additions to this.  

Ricette

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:18 am
Ricette
sunshinehearttrob
mmm TRUE CHRISTIANS...

thats a TRUE CHRISTIAN.
I know that was bad.

User Image

No, your right Ricette. I've noticed, to, that the "true" Christians are very few out there. Most of my friends claim to be Christians, but they swear, and do other things that are far from what Jesus wanted his followers to be~

But, that's why I come here~ My closest Christian friends are on Gaia, but when High School starts maybe I'll make more Christian friends~ I have one friend who is REALLY a Christian. However, he's a little conservative (example - Believes there should be NO separation of state and church, believes there's no global warming, etc.) But he's still a Christian Brother, and to have one who really acts like how Christ would have wanted us to act places a lot of hope in me~

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:47 am
mazuac
Ricette
sunshinehearttrob
mmm TRUE CHRISTIANS...

thats a TRUE CHRISTIAN.
I know that was bad.

User Image

No, your right Ricette. I've noticed, to, that the "true" Christians are very few out there. Most of my friends claim to be Christians, but they swear, and do other things that are far from what Jesus wanted his followers to be~

But, that's why I come here~ My closest Christian friends are on Gaia, but when High School starts maybe I'll make more Christian friends~ I have one friend who is REALLY a Christian. However, he's a little conservative (example - Believes there should be NO separation of state and church, believes there's no global warming, etc.) But he's still a Christian Brother, and to have one who really acts like how Christ would have wanted us to act places a lot of hope in me~

User Image

Ah, high school, the biggest challenge yet in life for those who try to follow the Path of Christ. Though it gets waay worse in college. Though, with many high schools, you won't have too much of a problem finding other Christian friends. And if you are an athlete, FCA will be a boon unto you!  

Ricette

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:48 pm
Ricette
mazuac
Ricette
sunshinehearttrob
mmm TRUE CHRISTIANS...

thats a TRUE CHRISTIAN.
I know that was bad.

User Image

User Image

Ah, high school, the biggest challenge yet in life for those who try to follow the Path of Christ. Though it gets waay worse in college. Though, with many high schools, you won't have too much of a problem finding other Christian friends. And if you are an athlete, FCA will be a boon unto you!

FCA? XD Eh, I'm not really an Athlete~ I like Tennis and LaCrosse, but I am more of a books kinda' guy~

And yeah, I've heard High School can be tough, but I think the school I am going to has a Christian after-school thing, I don't know though~ That would be coolio if it did!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:06 pm
Hey, I know I'm just jumping in here, and you guys are making such great points. I understand what you're all saying, but if you can't forgive the sinners, meaning all of us, you can't be like Christ yourself because he says that you will be forgiven as you forgive. You will be judged as you judge. He loves us all the same, even those of us who are very screwed up but trying to find the right path, and those who have been following Him their whole lives the best they can. We need to learn how to love each other too, then, don't we?  

Lonely Angelic

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Ricette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:57 pm
Lonely Angelic
Hey, I know I'm just jumping in here, and you guys are making such great points. I understand what you're all saying, but if you can't forgive the sinners, meaning all of us, you can't be like Christ yourself because he says that you will be forgiven as you forgive. You will be judged as you judge. He loves us all the same, even those of us who are very screwed up but trying to find the right path, and those who have been following Him their whole lives the best they can. We need to learn how to love each other too, then, don't we?
That is a good point. Why call yourself Christian if you don't forgive those who sin? Though, teaching each other how to love thy neighbour, that can be very difficult, especially in this day and age. All we can do is be the change we wanna see.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:23 pm
I'm a little late in finding this thread, but yes, that quote ("I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.") is from Ghandi.

True Christians.
Is there such a thing anymore?
Is there a Christian I can go to
If I need help through the door?

True Christians.
What do they look like to me?
They are loving, joyous, peaceful,
Patient, kind, good, and go gently.

True Christians.
They go where they are called,
Whether it's missionary work
Or at home, be not appalled.

True Christians.
They preach the Gospel and the Law,
They look forward to Christ's coming,
They know their future is secured.

True Christians.
There are no denominations in Heaven
Because the only thing God sees
Is Christ's presence within.  

rillegas08

crystalxdarc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:30 am
we were given the free will to accept god or not those shoving down christ in your throat are not behaving as christ teaches heart keeping the 10 commandements and living as the beatitudes is how we become christ-like heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:03 am
sunshinehearttrob
mmm TRUE CHRISTIANS...

thats a TRUE CHRISTIAN.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Though I would rephrase to someone who lives as an example to others, for Christ did tell us that we "are a City on a Hill, a light that cannot be hidden" (Matthew 5:14).

We cannot change other's actions, we can only change our own towards them. So what we should do when we disagree with someone's actions is not hang around them while they're doing it. For example, if your friend is smoking, don't acknowledge them while they're smoking but hang around them all you want when they're not smoking. This is what I do all the time, and my friends understand why I do it.  

But Be Respectful

Vaeltaja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:13 pm
Hm We are supposed to tell others about God, but of course we aren't supposed to hate anyone who isn't a Christian. We should love them and pray they they will change their mind. I think a true Christian is someone who chooses to follow God, not just because they are raised that way or forced to go to church or something like that. A true Christian understands that they aren't perfect and tries their best to do what God wants. And since God is love, a true Christian should apply love anywhere it is possible in their lives. smile  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff