Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
God is good, all the time.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why Did this happen?
  God has a reason for everything
  there are no accidens with God, in His foreknowldege He has planned and predetermined everything.
  Nothing can touch you that He has not already filtered through His hands.
  God is in control.
  The hand that smites also heals.
  The Lord gives and takes-you must trust Him.
  You must learn what He wants to teach you.
  Pray for the abiity to accept and for comfort vs. for healing and deliverence.
  God is testing you.
  None of these answers-God doesn't cause these things to happen.
View Results

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:50 am
I recently went to a school of ministry called Wellsprings. They taught us a lot of amazing things. Some of the things aren't what the church teaches us. I wanted to share a bit of what i learned with you all. I'm going to get into a very small teaching that they taught us.

A girl named Ana was jogging one day. She had her earphones on and was actually listening to praise and worship music. While she was jogging, a man came up behind her, attacked her, and raped her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:11 pm
So..Does God "allow" evil?

-Define Allow
-allow means to permit, condone, approve, and thus be responsible for.
-Is God responsible for evil acts?
---God is all powerful and in His power and sovereignty He told us to choose to do good not evil.
---God forbids evil acts.

Jesus came to demonstrate the Father's will.

-Christ fought against and destroyed evil. He never allowed it or willed it.
-Jesus was never responsible for evil-He always fought against evil.
-If our picture of God is focused on Jesus, as it should be, then we must see God fighting evil, not willing it.

Three Ways we Suffer.
-Fallen and cursed world.
-Innocent victims.
-Consequences of our own sin.
-All suffering is the result of sin.
Is it not God's will that we suffer or die! (2 Peter 3:9)9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Who "allows" evil?
Who is responsible for evil?
We are!
In our choices to sin, we allow evil. Evil originates in the heart of man when we choose to disobey. (Matt. 15:19, Luke 6:45) 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart[a] brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Is God ever our Enemy?
Not by His choice!
-James 1:16-17, "Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
-If it is good and perfect it is from God the Father-If it's not good and perfect, it came from Satan.
-Matt 7:11-Good Gifts
-Jer. 29:11-Good thoughts, not evil.

Personal Responsibility

-We must take Responsibility for evil.
-The ability to choose is necessary for love to be genuine. Therefore, we also have the ability to thwart God's will and bring destruction upon ourselves and others.
-If we take responsibility God will give us the authority.

This comes from Wellsprings Ministries teachings. Wellsprings Ministries  

Siren of Saturn

Ricette

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:59 pm
Well that was rather interesting. And I suppose God could be good all the time. And we are fully responsible for the evil acts we commit. If I remember right, He endowed us with Free Will. And the example in your first post... and looking at your poll I chose that there is a reason for everything. I could list examples of my own life to show there is a reason for it all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:25 pm
Yeah,i think i may have phrased that wrong but yes smile I think God can use a bad situation and turn it into something good, marvelous even. I think it's the special touch that you can talk and connect with people that i couldn't smile It's one of the unique gifts that you have..  

Siren of Saturn

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:56 pm
Ricette
Well that was rather interesting. And I suppose God could be good all the time. And we are fully responsible for the evil acts we commit. If I remember right, He endowed us with Free Will. And the example in your first post... and looking at your poll I chose that there is a reason for everything. I could list examples of my own life to show there is a reason for it all.
User Image
Jesus...

God endowed us with free will, but he did not endow us with sin... That's one thing to remember~

User Image
...My Lord, Savior, and Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:29 pm
Nope, sin came from satan.  

Siren of Saturn

Ricette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 pm
Siren of Saturn
Sin is a tool of man, is something mankind has been eternaly prone to. I mean to me that says that if you say, do pot one time, and flaut your parent's rules of not doing drugs, that right there is a sin. They did not honour the father or mother, that means the devil came to you and whispered in your ear saying "Do this, its gooood"? Makes no sense. The devil does not make ANYONE do ANYTHING. Its all us. We need to stop throwing hte blame on the fictional demon and just buck upa nd take it ourselves. Its all us who sin.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:22 am
Siren of Saturn
User Image
He has Redeemed Me!Though I

Hm... I suppose. Well, actually, sin technically came from the Apple of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Satan tricked Eve into eating the apple, and then Adam freely chose to disobey God. But yes, Satan is the causer of all evil, though we kinda' put evil on ourselves.

User Image

am undeserving, He gave his life for mine.

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:39 pm
Ricette
Siren of Saturn
Sin is a tool of man, is something mankind has been eternaly prone to. I mean to me that says that if you say, do pot one time, and flaut your parent's rules of not doing drugs, that right there is a sin. They did not honour the father or mother, that means the devil came to you and whispered in your ear saying "Do this, its gooood"? Makes no sense. The devil does not make ANYONE do ANYTHING. Its all us. We need to stop throwing hte blame on the fictional demon and just buck upa nd take it ourselves. Its all us who sin.

Please be respectful in the way that I have shown respect to you, my friend.

In my opinion, for this Christian guild, Satan does have that power to use our thoughts against us. The final decision is ours on whether to act upon those thoughts or dismiss them.

Let me rephrase what i said, sin originally came from Satan, but we have the decision to choose to sin or not.

And as far as the first part goes...please don't say that. I have had such great pain caused from what i know were satans thoughts attacking me. To think such thoughts were my own and kept in that thinking would have eventually lead to my death. I have given my blood over to satan because i thought the thoughts i were having were my own, to make that sacrifice because I couldn't possibly have been worthy of my Savior's gift of grace and redemption. I know now i am a Child of God, and have repented for letting such vile and wicked thoughts come into my head.

Please use wisdom in your words my friend. I even had to edit this three times before submitting it, because i knew i would react with my emotions instead of my heart.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games