Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guild] Grounding

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vintage Lego

5,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:31 pm
NOTE: This class/discussion is no longer taught/led by a teacher. However, please feel free to read through it and ask any questions that you may have or express any thoughts/opinions you have. Just please don't ask, "Can I join the class?" Because the answer is 'no'. Thank you.

[G]rounding

Grounding is one of the most important things a wiccan or pagan must know. Grounding is a type of mediation that empties your body of all excess energy or bad energy that you receive after you cast a spell or is just within your body. There are many ways to ground yourself, so for the sake of your eyes and mind, I will only list the few that I have tried and work the best for me.

Exercise 1:

One of the simplest ways to do this is to put a bit of salt on the tip of your tongue, or run the tips your fingers through some salt. This will have a natural grounding effect, eliminating the excess energy.

Exercise 2:

Put yourself into a comfortable position -it doesn’t matter if its sitting, kneeling, or laying down, but it should not be standing, as you may tend to loose your balance until you become proficient in the technique.

Visualize -that is to say imagine very strongly- a bright white light pouring down from above the top of your head and passing through your whole body, exiting through the soles of your feet. Release all tensions, anxieties, and stresses in your being, imagine them flowing out of you along with the white light. Let it all pour out of you. Imagine the excess energy as little bits of darkness being carried away with the light as it flows through you. When the last little bits of darkness are gone, let the light stop coming down, and let the last of it flow out of you.

- copied from Witch school, Correllian Wicca - First Degree L1. Exercises

Exercise 3:

Again, find a comfortable position. Imagine yourself lying in a river, with the water flowing through you, entering through the top of your head, and exiting through the soles of your feet. Imagine the excess energy as leaves and twigs and other detritus as might fall into a river. See the water carry these things away from you. Again, when the last is gone, you are clear.

Exercise 4:

Still another technique is to imagine a long root, like the root of a tree, growing down from your root Chakra (your pelvic region, loosely speaking.). Visualize this root going down into the Earth. If you are in doors, see the root going down through the floor and through any lower levels of the building, then entering into the Earth. Let the root going down deep into the Earth. Now imagine your excess energy running down through this root to Mother Earth. When you are done, draw the root back up into yourself.

Exercise 5:

Another technique is to hold a piece of HAEMATITE. Haematite has a natural grounding quality, and will have some effect by itself. But to get the best effect, hold the object and imagine the excess energy draining into them from all parts of your body. When you are finished, hold the object under a stream of cold water (such as a bathroom faucet) and imagine white light pouring through the stone as the water washes it. This cleanses the stone.

User Image

Exercise 6:

Find a comfortable place were you will not be disturbed for some time. Sit down on a chair, on the bed, or on the floor, and take a few deep breaths.

Take a few more breaths, this time imaging the air moving through the ground, all the way through the bottom of your seat or bed and to the top of your head. Do this a few times until you fell completely relaxed.

Now, imagine yourself sinking into the floor, and down to the ground, Imagine the feeling of the cold soil against your skin, look at the roots and imagine the energy coming into you and filling your body.

When you are completely full energy, open your eyes and look at your surrounds. You are now grounded.

In each case the excess energy returns to the Mother Goddess when you release it. She will recycle it, putting it to good use elsewhere. Some people like to say an affirmation when they release such as “I clear and release all excess energy.” or “I release this energy to the Goddess, to be used elsewhere.” This sets a clear intent, and can sometimes help to focus the process. It is not necessary to say the affirmation out loud.

Supposedly, you are grounded when you can stand on one foot with perfect balance. I, however, feel perfect harmony within my self. Like I have just been renewed. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:44 pm
Quote:
Supposedly, you are grounded when you can stand on one foot with perfect balance.

That really doesn't have anything to do with being grounded. blaugh In general you should just feel connected and calm. Pre-ritual you use grounding to tap into the energy you need, post-ritual you use it to rid yourself of any remaining excesss. Otherwise you can ground yourself anytime you feel the need.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

zainith666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:35 am
aren't there any stones/ crystals that are used for grounding?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm
There are some that have grounding properties that you can carry with you if you need a calming influence (for passive grounding), but in a ritual context you're going to want more active grounding, which are usually visualization exercises, or breathing exercises.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games