Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Making Sigils Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyou Nitsune

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:43 pm
Thanks! I've been keeping a couple in my BOS waiting to charge them and I hope that I can remember what they actually do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:00 pm
Uchiha Reika
Hi! I tried to make a sigil of my nickname, Aine (which, if i am correct, is the name of the Irish Goddess of human love and fertility of animals and agriculture) and when I try to make it...it just doesnt look or feel right....could you help by any chance?

Wow SO sorry for like...being insanely late in reply. My life has been one crazy thing after another.

Yeah if you need any help just PM me with images or something :3 You can make it over and stuff until it feels right to you ^^ Totally would love to see it, too. <3 Yay for Irish Goddesses <333  

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Kyou Nitsune
Thanks! I've been keeping a couple in my BOS waiting to charge them and I hope that I can remember what they actually do.

as long as you know they're special to you i think you're good ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 am
I was looking at the website you posted in your first post and saw that they cross out the vowels and you cross out doubled letters. Are both methods effective enough to work? If you used both methods would it work better?

Soul of Solitude

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:04 pm
Soul of Solitude
I was looking at the website you posted in your first post and saw that they cross out the vowels and you cross out doubled letters. Are both methods effective enough to work? If you used both methods would it work better?

I'd use whatever works for you and your sigil. You don't even have to cross out a thing if you don't want. Many sites say many different things. Because the one site they do say that they cross out the vowels, and i read somewhere else that they crossed out double letters - i just liked the idea of crossing out the double letters.

With a few of my sigils i'd just left it without crossing out anything, but i've only done a few trial ones that way. I'm not sure how those would work... *needs to try it more*

As for using both methods? You could play around with it, i wouldn't think it would matter either way. I need to study up on -why- they cross things out actually.

Wow i feel so prepared x3 Once everything calms down in life i'll be able to try things a lot more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:10 pm
candiipup
Soul of Solitude

I'd use whatever works for you and your sigil. You don't even have to cross out a thing if you don't want. Many sites say many different things. Because the one site they do say that they cross out the vowels, and i read somewhere else that they crossed out double letters - i just liked the idea of crossing out the double letters.

With a few of my sigils i'd just left it without crossing out anything, but i've only done a few trial ones that way. I'm not sure how those would work... *needs to try it more*

As for using both methods? You could play around with it, i wouldn't think it would matter either way. I need to study up on -why- they cross things out actually.

Wow i feel so prepared x3 Once everything calms down in life i'll be able to try things a lot more.

Mmm, Thank you very much. I've really only worked with Runes, so this is pretty new to me. ^^

Soul of Solitude

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:18 pm
Soul of Solitude
candiipup
Soul of Solitude

Mmm, Thank you very much. I've really only worked with Runes, so this is pretty new to me. ^^

Oh i see ^^ well you're very welcome! I'd tried rune work... they don't like me much XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:27 pm
Quote:
Oh i see ^^ well you're very welcome! I'd tried rune work... they don't like me much XD

Ah, well, whatever works. xD I like the runes for protection and engery and whatnot.

What does the sigil of one's name do? Is it just like a crest kind of thing?

Soul of Solitude

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Soul of Solitude
Quote:

Ah, well, whatever works. xD I like the runes for protection and engery and whatnot.

What does the sigil of one's name do? Is it just like a crest kind of thing?

Mmn, yeah. I'd done one of my magickal name, and i use it on everything. I sign my art with it and all... it's just somethin cool ^^ But you know it can also be your most powerful, so i've read.

How that is, i'm not sure. I haven't read up on sigils lately, or anything magic for that fact T-T

But i use mine for a personal crest thing >> so yeah~  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 pm
...I don't really get it. ;3;
So... you make the symbol, charge it, then what?
On the site it said you could paint it somewhere, and then destroy it?
NO COMPRENDE!! ;___;

EDIT: I was messing around in Paint and made this:
User Image
Did I do it right? sweatdrop
I think it looks great!  

o sunflower king

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:14 am
Jenny Artucio
...I don't really get it. ;3;
So... you make the symbol, charge it, then what?
On the site it said you could paint it somewhere, and then destroy it?
NO COMPRENDE!! ;___;

EDIT: I was messing around in Paint and made this:
User Image
Did I do it right? sweatdrop
I think it looks great!

Hehe i think i should post something about destory vs. not destroy. ^^;

In any case! the sigil looks awesome! ^_^ great work :3 And remember if it looks good to you, it's right heart  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games