Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gunslinger Born

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:30 am
mazuac
freelance lover
mazuac
freelance lover
You know, people have been saying Jesus is coming back for years, hundreds of years. Look at the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Furthermore, it says in the Bible that no one knows the time or place- so why should we even try to predict it?

And it's pretty widely accepted that Revelations may simply be a metaphore for the fall of Rome.

Live your life for God, that way if the world ends tomorrow or in a thousand years you're ready.

The Book of Revelation couldn't be about the fall of Rome because of the fact that it talks about New Jerusalem, and Christs return, and the end of sin, and you get the picture~

There's a whole slew of interpretations. The one that argues it's a metaphore for the fall of Rome is all metaphorical. It's called the Preterist view. It's pretty interesting.

It's impossible that the fall of Rome was based off the Book of Revelation for several reasons.

1. Nero wasn't THE anti-Christ, he was just again Christ (which would be "anti-christ" but not THE anti-christ.)

2. He did not administer marks onto his followers of "666"

3. He never made a treaty/agreement with Israel for 7 years!

The list goes on and on, as you can see, it's obvious that the Fall of Rome was not what the Book of Revelation was about...

I believe the Book of revelations is not the work of god at all, but the work of man. Panicstricken man who feared the messia would not return and so devised away of keeping their hopes up.

I think they are poor christians who wrote it.

And the Romans put the Bible together. SO i dont trust to much of it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:24 pm
yeah...  

ice-white-angel

ice-white-angel

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:25 pm
right...  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:56 pm
CrackCoCaz
mazuac
freelance lover
mazuac
freelance lover
You know, people have been saying Jesus is coming back for years, hundreds of years. Look at the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Furthermore, it says in the Bible that no one knows the time or place- so why should we even try to predict it?

And it's pretty widely accepted that Revelations may simply be a metaphore for the fall of Rome.

Live your life for God, that way if the world ends tomorrow or in a thousand years you're ready.

The Book of Revelation couldn't be about the fall of Rome because of the fact that it talks about New Jerusalem, and Christs return, and the end of sin, and you get the picture~

There's a whole slew of interpretations. The one that argues it's a metaphore for the fall of Rome is all metaphorical. It's called the Preterist view. It's pretty interesting.

It's impossible that the fall of Rome was based off the Book of Revelation for several reasons.

1. Nero wasn't THE anti-Christ, he was just again Christ (which would be "anti-christ" but not THE anti-christ.)

The list goes on and on, as you can see, it's obvious that the Fall of Rome was not what the Book of Revelation was about...

I believe the Book of revelations is not the work of god at all, but the work of man. Panicstricken man who feared the messia would not return and so devised away of keeping their hopes up.

The Bible is Gods word. If the book of Revelation isn't part of the bible, then that's like saying the 4 gospels aren't part of it, because those were written by men as well~

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Ricette

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:14 pm
I'm sorry but isn't there something in the bible saying something along the lines of "ye shall not know the date and time of my coming?" I myself am pagan, but lately, all the news about String City and the seeming increase of "End Times" predictor's, I need to say this. And with Revelation, you can take those supposed signs and apply them to ANY tumultuous period in the history of man. I myself believe Revelation was a sort of anti-Roman propaganda designed to raise the hopes of believers, to help them get through that rough time in the faith. Not a book of prophecy about the end of the world.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:20 pm
mazuac
CrackCoCaz
mazuac
freelance lover
mazuac
freelance lover

The Bible is Gods word. If the book of Revelation isn't part of the bible, then that's like saying the 4 gospels aren't part of it, because those were written by men as well~

The Bible did not arrive from the clouds. It was written in its entirety by man. As such it is fiull of contradictions and mistranslations and also interpretations of those who wrte the books. The four famous gospels were not the only ones out there. They were the only ones approved for use in the bible becaus eof how they raised Jesus' status. The rest, which we all know now as Gnostic Gospels showed a more human side. Honestly, Jesus was human. He was born a mortal man and thus subject to everything all humans face. Thats my take. Though, I do not believe Jesus is the son of God or the sole saviour of man. I just can't see it being true. I mean, what about the Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists?  

Ricette

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:40 am
Doesn't he say that he'll come when we least expect it?  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:32 pm
Ricette
mazuac
CrackCoCaz
mazuac
freelance lover

The Bible did not arrive from the clouds. It was written in its entirety by man. As such it is fiull of contradictions and mistranslations and also interpretations of those who wrte the books. The four famous gospels were not the only ones out there. They were the only ones approved for use in the bible becaus eof how they raised Jesus' status. The rest, which we all know now as Gnostic Gospels showed a more human side. Honestly, Jesus was human. He was born a mortal man and thus subject to everything all humans face. Thats my take. Though, I do not believe Jesus is the son of God or the sole saviour of man. I just can't see it being true. I mean, what about the Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists?

You're right. Jesus was fully human and fully divine. He suffered as a human, as we do, because, in my opinion, it was the only way we would follow him. Sure, he could've pulled himself off the cross, but would it have been as impacting? The fact that he died and suffered for all of us is why the bible specifically mentions that anyone who gives their life for a brother or sister gives the greatest act of love.

The four gospels that were approved also show jesus' human side. Remember the temple? He got mad and turned over the tables? Remember Lazarus? He weeped for Lazarus. No, the other books were not denied because they were too human, they were denied because they were wrong in their depiction of Christ.

The bible was not solely assembled by Romans. In fact, the first bible was in aramaic. The first translation was Latin. However, the translations up to today are very accurate. Ever seen the dead sea scrolls? The only difference between those scrolls and the bible we have today is the progression of language. In that anon becomes there and thine becomes yours (i think so..might be mine, don't remember). There goes misinterpretations.

Yes, the bible was written by humans. However, the bible was written by inspired humans. I always love to hear of the "contradictions" arguments, because more often than not, they're wrong. They're wrong because people try to take one part of the bible and understand it without the rest. Thing about the bible is, that the books of the bible aren't standalone stories. The books of the bible have to be read together to understand them. You have to compare each verse to every other verse. Otherwise, you won't understand it. God tells Abraham he'll have as many children as there are stars, this isn't fully understood until the later old testament.

Revelations is and remains the most disputed book of the bible. Mostly because of its content. It's relatively hard to understand, extremely hard. There are many convoluted references and even more nonsense that only makes sense in the context of salvation and the bible as a whole.

As for other religions. I don't see what this has to do with this thread. I might have missed it, but i didn't see anyone saying other religions can't go to heaven. Au Contra ire (SP?), in fact, if anyone tells you who is going to heaven or hell they're crackpots. No one, and I mean no one, not the pope, not a priest not the guy on the street corner, can tell you who is and is not going to hell. That's ultimately up to God. Jews in fact were recently called Catholic's "Closest Brothers" by Pope John Paul II, in fact, he was the first pope in a synagogue (Did you know there's a synagogue in Vatican City?). At the same time, Pope John Paul II said that the Middle Eastern Religions "deserve our respect." So, I'm quite certain that my Catholic faith isn't saying anyone of any other religion is going to hell. Maybe a few people in our faith do, but that in no way represents the overall opinion of Catholics.  

CCubed

Sarcastic_Angel

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:08 am
In response to the original post: I could see it happening very soon also. But I have stopped expecting it for a few reasons. 1) the less I expect it the more likely it is to happen and 2) I know for a fact that I will get married and have at least one child (a boy will be my first). I have the gift of prophecy.
In response to Ablazed question: For one, I'm sick and tired of all the junk in the world. The war in the Middle East, messed up governments, humanities stupid need to concentrate on themselves instead of what is really important, and everything else. Plus, it'll be AMAZING there!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:21 am
this reminds me of this guy named Jesus de miranda or something LOL
he told everyone that he is the next jesus and he got soo many people to believe him (idiots) and made them tattoo 666 on their bodies, people threw away statues of jesus and burnt bibles and it was just crazy!

you can youtube him if you want...  

No place like 127 0 0 1

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:11 pm
xI--Constantine--Ix-
Jesus Christ is coming very soon.
All the Signs that the Bible predicted has Rise.

The Judgment Day.
Its between Eternal Life or Eternal Death.

Please be Ready...

Here are some few Signs...

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=79ee934bf8ae37c03119

*The Video is not mine...
...and also Im not Revelation20_12

Have a Nice Day ^_^

Judgement day has been right around the corner for 1500 years.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff