Submit

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:06 pm
I was going to try and make this a class, but i thought that all the info could be just added in the Library ^^; -- IF you think i should have a class on it >>... then ... <.< ... uh lemme know? XD but i think a library entry is good =p

Quote:
A pendulum is a small weight attached to a length of chain or thread. When someone holds it by the thread and asks a question, the weight moves and provides the answer. It is an amazing tool that can be used for many different purposes.

Just recently, a friend of mine decided to buy a car. He looked through the advertisements in the daily paper and asked his pendulum about the cars that sounded interesting. The pendulum gave a positive response to six cars, and eventually told him which car he should buy. He looked at all six, and finally bought the car that the pendulum had indicated.

Some friends went to Paris on a business trip. After finishing their business, they had one free day before coming home. They used a pendulum to determine which sights they should see.

People who were house-sitting next door to us lost their pet rabbit. After frantically searching the immediate neighborhood, they used a pendulum to locate the exact spot where he was.

These examples show the versatility and possibilities of this simple tool. Despite its ease and usefulness, I have met many people who learned how to use it and then discarded it as it was “too simple.” At least one of my students would disagree. She owes her life to the humble pendulum. She is allergic to MSG (monosodium glutamate) that is sometimes used as a flavor enhancer. She has had several hospital stays as a result of inadvertently consuming it. Consequently, whenever she eats away from home she uses a pendulum to determine if there is any MSG in the meal. I doubt that she’d consider the pendulum “too simple” to bother with.

Of course, even though a pendulum is simple to use, it takes practice to become good at it. You can buy pendulums at any new age store, but any weight suspended on cord or chain will act as an impromptu pendulum. Choose something that weighs at least three ounces and attach it to four to six inches of cord. I have a huge collection of pendulums, because my family invariably buys me a small object attached to a chain or cord for birthday and Christmas presents.

Hold the cord between the thumb and first finger of your right hand, if you are right-handed. (Use your left, if you are left-handed.) Rest your elbow on a table and allow the pendulum to swing freely an inch or so above the surface of the table. Stop the movement of the weight with your free hand. Then ask the pendulum to move in a direction that means "yes." The pendulum may start moving immediately, or it might take a while to indicate a positive response. Once it starts, it will either move from side to side, backwards and forwards, or rotate in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction.

Once the pendulum has indicated "yes,"stop it again, and then ask it to indicate "no."Follow this by asking for "I don't know" and "I don't want to answer" responses.

Now you can ask the pendulum questions that can be answered with these four movements. Start by asking the pendulum questions that you already know the answers to. You might ask it if you are male. You will get a "yes" answer if you are, and a "no" response if you are not. Ask if you live at your current address. It should reply positively.

After checking your pendulum in this way, you can proceed to ask questions that you do not know the answers to. Start by asking questions that you can check later on. The correct answers that your pendulum provides will give you confidence as you continue to experiment.

There is no limit to the types of questions you can ask once you become proficient with the pendulum. However, remember that it is possible to mentally influence and override the movements of the pendulum. Suppose, for instance, someone in your family is pregnant and you want to know the sex of the unborn baby. The pendulum will give you the correct answer if you honestly do not care what the sex will be. However, if you are hoping it will be a girl, for instance, the pendulum will confirm this, even if it is not correct. Your desire will have influenced the movements of the pendulum. Consequently, if you have an emotional involvement in the answer, you will find it better to have someone who has no interest in the outcome to ask the pendulum for you.

The pendulum should never be used flippantly. Not long ago, a teenager told me how she and her friends used a pendulum in an attempt to learn embarrassing information about fellow classmates. Pendulums do not like being used in this way and sometimes react by refusing to move at all. Not surprisingly, the answers these students received were confusing and conflicting. The sad thing is that these young people failed to learn how useful and practical a pendulum can be when it is used properly.

The pendulum can literally work miracles. Once you become proficient with it, you will wonder how you ever managed without it. While writing this, my wife suggested that we go to the movies tonight. She handed me the entertainment section of the newspaper, and my pendulum. She knows that the pendulum will choose a movie that we’ll both enjoy. That’s yet another benefit of the humble pendulum.

The above was taken from the Llewellyn Journal.

Now for my thoughts 83 ((note: i might repeat things. XD))

I love pendulums. I think they're an awesome magical tool and can be used in many ways (as seen in the journal entry above XD). I also believe that they have their own personalities and hidden names (i knew mine but forgot to write it down and therefore forgot it D: ) and what not. More so personality, though.

My personal pendulum has a very... bratty let's say it's like a little brother. Very annoying at times, but you can't help but love it. I argue with my pendulum and we fight, but in the end he lets me know exactly where to go, what to do, or what to think about.

Another way to use pendulums is through a "sand drawing" type of thing. It's where you have a thin layer of sand (or just something it can draw in) and you hold the pendulum in the middle and just let it move on it's own after asking a question (or just plain letting it do what it wants, in case you think it has a message it wants to give you).

The "yes" and "no" factor:

My friend once told me that only i would know what the yes and no was. Meaning if it went one way, to me that could mean yes. And another way meant no. Well to me, when it circles something, or just plain circles when i ask something, that means yes. When it goes back and forth it means no. Pendulums usually just answer the yes and no when it comes to straight up questions x3

I've also used my pendulum to find a card in my oracle deck that would have meaning in a particular situation. And it was very helpful on that. But the most important thing is to keep your arm steady.

Getting a Pendulum:

When buying a new pendulum, it's almost like buying a tarot deck. You let IT come to YOU. Granted you can always pick up things that interest you however it doesn't always mean it belongs to you, you just might like how it looks. With pendulums it's a little different.

What you do is you put your hand under the pendulum and hold the spring, so that the pendulum is pointing at your palm. Then you say something like "Show me yes." then after it responds, tell it "Stop" - if it doesn't respond well, then you probably need another one. sweatdrop - If it obeys you, then yay! ask it again to make sure, but this time say "Show me no." and then after say "stop" -- Remember you don't have to use my words! This is just what i did when finding mine.

"Why ask it to stop?"

Good question invisible asker :3 -- I tell it to stop that way i wont confuse it. I always make sure that it's fully stopped before asking another question or before asking where something is, etc. I always place it above my palm like stated above to make sure it'll be still, because mine is so responsive that if i ask it to stop it will usually stop dead if it's over my palm. (when my pendulum wants to obey that is xd )

Other things:

It's best not to use pendulums for dark reasons x.x They wont like you very much. I don't really have a problem with this, so i have no stories except for the journal i posted at the first from Llewellyn.

Pendulums come in make shapes and sizes. Crystal (what mine is, it's so pretty :3) - metal, gems of all kinds...

here's a few places i've found that sell them online:
http://www.pendulumwarehouse.com/ (not very pretty, but worth a look)
http://www.new-age-store.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=254
http://www.paganshopping.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PSO&Category_Code=P1 - a very cool site with some very pretty (and some cheap!) pendulums. They also have a small entry on how to use them x3

I've seen a lot of other just basic witchy shops that sell them too, so be on the look out! - Also take care when you buy them from the internet, since you really can't sit there and ask it questions and have it respond. Just remember to act on your feelings, if buying a certain pendulum online FEELS right then it just might be right. Just don't spend a lot of money on a pretty pendulum and have it not work for you!! sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:33 pm
When i used my pendulum i could see a pinkish aura around it. Is that normal? I normally cant see auras, but i could see it crystal clear around my pendulum.

This is the first time ive ever tried using a pendulum.  

Eddie-Ka

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 pm
Two questions, onichigo: (1)What color is the pendulum you used; and (2) was there some sort of light sorce that would've been reflecting through it?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:01 pm
Its grey with white rings.

Nah, my room is rather dark and my lamp gives off sorta orange/yellow white light (its kinda icky but that lamp is better then no lamp xd )  

Eddie-Ka

Flying Dicks

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:26 am
I always hear stories about people doing awesome things with pendulums- Finding stuff and etc. But nobody has EVER actually said how to do it.

As far as I go though, I have two pendulums (I want more though) one that's an amethyst and seems to answer from more of a male perspective and one that's rose quartz and seems to answer from a female perspective. Unfortunately, the rose quartz's tip broke off due to a natural fracture in the crystal- I still use and it still seems honest... I do worry though.

I've also heard about training your pendulums. Saying "This is yes" or "This is no" and forcing it to move a certain way. But I prefer to let the pendulum move of its own accord. My family doesn't believe in the pendulum anymore- Because my uncle took it and forced it (without flicking it or anything) to move certain ways so they think the answers are whatever I feel like making it say.

Still, I believe in my pendulum- so I hope they don't ever lie to me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:51 pm
Yeah i let mine tell me what means yes and no. It just feels better. Even though I had been told before that you have to train it. Its easier for me to feel a connection this way instead of forcing it.  

Eddie-Ka

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:58 pm
Training? Hmmn. I don't really train mine. I asked it that the first time i ever held it, and then after that i just ask it things, i never force the poor guy. He probably would come right out of the pendulum and smack me up side the head XDD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:37 am
The trick I use, is while waiting for your pendulum to give you an answer, stare at the wall. Keep your mind blank!

That way, it won't be influenced by any of your thoughts. One night, just for fun, I asked my pendulum..." Higher self...Does so-and-so like me?"
I wanted the pendulum to say 'Yes' and so it did.
Then I cleared my mind after it was stopped or in the 'ready position' (The ready posistion is normally a diagonal movement that indicates the pendulum is ready to answer your question.)

When addressing my pendulum, I ask my higherself, because you're higher self usually knows the answers.
Anyway!! I repeated the question, this time, I stared at the wall and just had my head in the clouds, thinking about random things that had nothing to do with the question.
Sure enough, the pendulum said 'No.' Which was the answer that I knew was the truth because the so-and-so has a girlfriend.

Anyway, my aura book has a whole section on Pendulum's. PM me for questions or whatever heart
Blessed be.  

_IceGoddess15_

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200

BrokenHeartCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:09 pm
Just my experience with pendulums. Though I do have some questions and I will put those in bold.
My two pendulums are amazing. Both called to me; amethyst and rose quartz. My rose quartz is very picky and doesn't like to be touched or anything by anyone except me. Is that normal? My amethyst on the other hand doesn't seem to mind if other people touch it, but sometimes it's picky. I usually have to cleanse it after awhile.
Someone that I know, her pendulum, well one that she was going to buy, the chain actually broke on her. She was walking around with it in the shop and it just broke. She got a differant one. My amethyst called from when I walked up the stairs into the store (it's was on a table, it just normally called). My rose quartz though... the woman who sold it to me said that it started moving when I walked into the shop. (It was hanging up.) It wouldn't stop moving until I picked it up. When I put it back on the hanging part, it started moving around again, towards the direction where I was standing.
On that note, one of the guys said that the rose quartz was powerful enough towards me (his words, I think he meant attracted or something...) so much that I could meditate with it. I don't get that, what did he mean?  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games