Oh dear..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:31 pm
Manual Calavera
I'm gonna just go down this one and point out my reactions. I dunno, it might help if you got something more than just an aftermath response.

lordstar
And now your dragging Batman into this?
Only because he is, in the comics, reputedly the greatest detective who ever lived.

lordstar
So tell me
Why are pagans bad?
Past experiences, among other things.
lordstar
Is it because they don't believe the same things you do?
No, but having them fight me about everything I hold dear doesn't help.
lordstar
And what evidence do you have other then the bible?
Do past experiences count for nothing?
lordstar
And how am I bad?
Did I say you were bad? I just don't appreciate your tone a lot of the time. You come off as very argumentative.

lordstar
And for the record
I would think it would be a no-brainer to not eat contaminated food don't you
Then what about the cloven hoof thing? Both rabbits and pigs are off limits. That's nothing to do with contamination. No matter how you look at it, the kosher dietary requirements go farther than the medical knowledge of the time could have discerned, as evidenced by the fact that the much more scientifically and politically advanced cultures around the Jews didn't have a lot of those restrictions.

lordstar
I still think it would be wise to understand or at least make an attempt to understand the whys rather then follow blindly
Another one of those no-brainers
You say this as if you assume I've never questioned anything.
lordstar
And also just because you don't understand something that doesn't mean such things are impossible to understand (ooooo brain cramps are the pits aren't they)
That was a blatant insult against me, don't deny it.
lordstar
I would claim that any claim such as "2 Corinthians" would be false
A lack of evidence is not proof of no evidence
Not that I fully understand all that is
Thus I cannot yet prove myself to be right either
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"?
lordstar
So as long as you don't light me on fire I think we will be ok

I do have respect for you in that it takes a rock solid faith to go bounding off cliffs like a lemming (doesn't look like it but that is a complement and I don't think you are like a lemming)
~nod of acknowledgement, approval and respect for your tone~

lordstar
So next time I hand you a 2 and a 5 your answer should be 7
Oops, here it comes again.
lordstar
How you keep getting a 6 idk

Did I loose you on that last bit?
Yup, there's the other insult. Wish I could say I didn't see it coming. I had hoped for the insults to stop after the ack of my faith thing, but I guess that hope was mislaid.

lordstar
"I don't expect everyone else to have had the same spiritual experiences that I have, I don't expect everyone to follow in my, Christ's, or anyone else's example (because I understand that some people simply won't), and I don't expect everyone to be able to join Jesus in the New Jerusalem."

ya that was a talk2hand move right there (brickwalling) and thus is going to be ignored until reworked
Then let me rephrase it (Which, if I'm so simple-minded, your higher mind should have been able to discern the subtle meaning of my words already).

Ahem: "I don't expect everyone to be perfect. I know that not everyone is going to believe the way I do, and that's okay. I was prepared for that. I've accepted it. I know we're all meant for different things, and if there were no darkness or hell, the light and heaven wouldn't be as special."

lordstar
Really though you might want to take a look at the forum rules
I really don't see how I'm breaking them. You're being extremely legalistic and harsh in your interpretations of my words, and I feel as though you're judging me unfairly.

1) Now the Batman comment makes sense, however, I think he would have been able to figure it out

2) So what exactly happened during your "episodes" with pagans? That sort of knowledge would be very insightful
You and I are cool so long as I retain validity as well
If it was possible to empirically prove one way or the other we wouldn't be having this conversation

3) New information to me
And yes, personal experiences do count but not to condemn an entire group of people

4) Yes, yes you did and now that I think about it there might have been a translation error on my part or a missing word the second go around
So if I am no longer "bad" I think we are making progress
Oh and my first reaction escalated into what I can see as a bit argumentative (my writing style doesn't help does it. Kind of weird no?)

5) Ah yes the no pork and shellfish thing. It has a lot to do with how food is prepared (like undercooked chicken might still have bacteria...same idea) In this case we look at why such rules were in place. The technology back then might not have been advanced enough to deal with the problem, however, we have the ability to deal with the problem now and thus with problem solved we may discard the old rule. I think we agree yes? (Another case study of food adaptations is the addition of vitamin D to milk)

6) I wasn't under the impression that you have never questioned anything but I was pointing out that you were seeming to imply that there was no need to think because you were most certainly correct

My idea: Think for yourself and then draw your conclusions that way

I wasn't really feelin' anything more then the opposite from you (again I don't think you were being malicious about it)

7) Actually I was pointing out that critical thinking is not always easy and that thinking too hard can be painful (I know someone who can also attest to this)
Also I tend to refrain from using absolutes because possible (perhaps not practical or probable but perhaps it can be done)

cool Just because there isn't any evidence thus far doesn't mean there isn't any. The lack of evidence does not disprove anything. proof is needed. its not about proving something else is right its about proving whatever it is happens to be wrong (argh...complicated)

Also the Jews settled all over the place and there is a difference between pagan Jews and non-pagan Jews
(Again its complicated and hopefully I wont get flamed about this...again)

9) Side note: I don't do well with fire

10) I was pointing out that something is lost in translation and I’m not sure how...either the 2 becomes a 1 or the 5 becomes a 4 (idk) But then again as history tells it not everyone will read the same text and come to the same conclusions (sounds very familiar)
Also you were the first to draw blood and I have just been responding (probably not in the best way)
I am not trying to attack your faith. It does seem however that in your eyes I must be wrong for you to be right (the inverse is not true)

11) We were cool up to the part where I get condemned to hell
It's more of a "I don't think everyone will be able" rather then "I know"
Please tell me I am mistaken and you were not implying my doom by eternal hellfire

12) Again with the doom and hellfire and whatnot
And again I wasn't implying that you were simple-minded or that I was in some way better then you (this is most likely the second time your seeing this so I would think you would already know and thus I really didn't need to point it out again...but I did...just to be sure)

13) More than likely I am being a bit harsh (not that you aren't and not that your actions and your words justify my own)
I think we have thoroughly bludgeoned this horse to death

ok time to start over (this seems to happen a lot *scratches head* )

Hi, I’m LS
I would be a resident non-Christian or "heathen" as some know me (heathen is on my list of words that make me twitch...you already know what happens)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:38 pm
etchedspirit
lordstar
I'm sure you have already had this talk but just in case

Just be smart about whatever you do
That’s the key
You may want to start thinking about talking to your doctor (fyi your doctor will with your request lock your medical records so (I case be) even your parents/partner will not be able to see...hell they wont even know its there)

One of the fun classes I have ever taken was a intro physical therapy class out at the local junior college
First time I had ever been "forked" it’s trippy...yo

Confession: I am a very hands-on kind of person (TK/A is my learning style...most people are more V/A) and holistic medicine is highly interesting

(Danger...incoming flood if information)
And I'll stop there

So I would say you can find your answer in examining the why's and not the rights and wrongs

why would I go to the doctor for that...I'm not gonna have sex with him if that's what you mean....no way..........I will NOT do that....that is for AFTER marriage, and it's gonna stay that way no matter what. That i do know for sure, is something I'll never do.....

It was more of a failsafe really and for educational purpose
That and I had to take a random stab in the dark to see where you were at on the subject

Now I know
And as an added bonus I didn't need to ask your age (not that I have a clue and not that it matters)

And my approach has always been that the only certain thing is uncertainty
Ya never know what happens until it happens (although I’m sure some things aren’t all that hard to guess but still banking on a hunch no matter how strong might not be the wisest approach)  

lordstar

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:48 pm
Manual Calavera
etchedspirit
lordstar
I'm sure you have already had this talk but just in case

Just be smart about whatever you do
That’s the key
You may want to start thinking about talking to your doctor (fyi your doctor will with your request lock your medical records so (I case be) even your parents/partner will not be able to see...hell they wont even know its there)

One of the fun classes I have ever taken was a intro physical therapy class out at the local junior college
First time I had ever been "forked" it’s trippy...yo

Confession: I am a very hands-on kind of person (TK/A is my learning style...most people are more V/A) and holistic medicine is highly interesting

(Danger...incoming flood if information)
And I'll stop there

So I would say you can find your answer in examining the why's and not the rights and wrongs

why would I go to the doctor for that...I'm not gonna have sex with him if that's what you mean....no way..........I will NOT do that....that is for AFTER marriage, and it's gonna stay that way no matter what. That i do know for sure, is something I'll never do.....
As was my original point in this thread, I'm afraid your advice was confusing, lordstar, and, thus, not very good advice.

The best advice gives aim or at least enlightens another point of view.

I knee-jerked it, though, and I'm sorry for that.

Nope she got the point
And she responded how I thought she would...almost
Enough to really hammer down my point in a second post
I know I should go fishing like that but the insight is priceless and it is rather hard to gather using other methods  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:07 am
The bible never fully clarifies that line between right and wrong. But I would say don't do anything you would be ashamed to let everyone know. I would also say pray and discuss this with God. That line is very fuzzy, and only God can help you out with this. Pray, read the bible, and until you're certain, refrain from doing that anymore.  

Sarcastic_Angel

kitsunegami

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:07 pm
Sarcastic_Angel
The bible never fully clarifies that line between right and wrong. But I would say don't do anything you would be ashamed to let everyone know. I would also say pray and discuss this with God. That line is very fuzzy, and only God can help you out with this. Pray, read the bible, and until you're certain, refrain from doing that anymore.

That's good advice.

Something I heard years ago that has helped me is to ask yourself, "If Jesus were sitting beside me would I still be watching/reading/listening to/doing this?" If the answer is "no" then it's probably not something you should be doing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:15 pm
kitsunegami
Sarcastic_Angel

That's good advice.

Something I heard years ago that has helped me is to ask yourself, "If Jesus were sitting beside me would I still be watching/reading/listening to/doing this?" If the answer is "no" then it's probably not something you should be doing.

ooooh, I like both of your advice ^-^  

missymisa

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:34 pm
kitsunegami
Sarcastic_Angel

That's good advice.

thats kinda creepy  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces