Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Build-A-HP-Character Workshop!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KitaAmaya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:21 pm
Well, it's pretty simple. You get to "make" your own Harry Potter person. You can put him/her into any house you want and you can name the person. You can include who their parents are/were and such. You can describe his/her personality. You can even include how they dress, how they talk like. Personally, I would enjoy a little narration the most!

Let's see how creative you can get!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:46 pm
Peter McGirth (Ravenclaw)

He has violet eyes and brown hair (like darker brown).

He is considered a prodigy, being able to actually skip several grades Hogwarts. Although he is about three years ahead he is the same grade as Luna and is her boyfriend. =]

He is a registered animagus, taking the form of a white wolf (despite his brown hair) with violet eyes. Guess his Patronus...^^"

He's a half-blood with two deceased parents: William McGirth (Slytherin and pureblood) and Theresa [Miliston] McGirth (Ravenclaw, the "muggle").

Umm...

I'm not exactly an eloquent author, so when I actually gather up the courage, I might write an excerpt about him [and maybe Luna].  

KitaAmaya

Orikami

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:38 am
- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -
Ella McCane, Hufflepuff. Strawberry blonde hair, dark, almost black eyes,
short stature and curvy figure. She's a half-blood, born to a muggle-born
father and a witch mother, who both met in Hogwarts. She's very determined
and likes to act to help the poor and mistreated magical creatures, and hopes
to put up a small cottage in the mountains to cure those in need. She's a
pacifist and hopes for good relations between the wizarding world, muggles
and other creatures.

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:45 pm
Aww.

Ella sounds really sweet.

I wish I knew somebody who was as sincere as that.

=.=

Unfortunately that's probably NEVER going to happen...

But still, that's pretty cool.  

KitaAmaya

Empress_Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:05 pm
((If I had an rp character for a Hogwarts setting, this would be her.))

Sylvia Warren, a Ravenclaw third year wields a 12" Willow wand with the heart string of a dragon. She is the daughter of Jacob and Catrina Warren. She is seen as anti-social most of the time by her tendency to spend her spare time studying or reading in the library. She can also be found in her common room, or out on Hogwart's grounds, but she is mostly found in solitude. Reading is the most addicting thing that she knows of, and she cannot get enough of books, or anything to do with the written word.

Sylvia really isn't all that "anti-social" she is just used to being silent, because of her parents' constant absence and because she is an only child.

To most anyone she does appear cold, calm, collected and disagreeable to be around, but really she does like to talk but only if she has to or actually wants to. Her emotionlessness and lack of communication make her look very proud, but she is really quite selfless and friendly. Her reasoning for being quiet and almost prideful is because she only wants to keep her emotions bottled-it is stupid to reveal them to anyone-it proves weakness.

Because of her constant reading, she is very knowledgeable in speech, mind and thought-she speaks words like insipid, inconsequently and intermittently...it's just the way she is. Her imagination is wild and uncontrolled, and she can be a bit....odd. Animals, books, writing and music-that is what she knows best.

Sylvia is nothing to be seen as extraordinary or uncommonly beautiful. Quite plainly, her only beauty lies in her ocean blue eyes that are pure and clear like a diamond, or water. She has other pleasant attributes to her: Her strawberry blond hair that is an uncommon color that sets her apart, and her extremely pale skin makes her look like porcelain. Other than that she is oddly proportioned and rather plain. She is five feet five inches tall, about 150 pounds and she has a curvy figure that most girls her age do not have. Although she is not thin, her figure is not "obese" but rather a larger scaled form. Her pale skin is unblemished of many acne problems (which she is grateful of) and her smile is winning with perfectly straight teeth-although not perfectly white, they weren't brown or ugly yellow. Long fingers, long feet and long legs make her figure a bit out of the ordinary, but she deals with it, and accomodates her wardrobe to make her as flattering as possible. She has a "dancing" style to her walk, but she rarely ever dances....in front of anyone that is.
Lastly her face: it holds, the clear blue eyes, a pixie-like nose that curves up sweetly at the very tip, a natural pink blush, thin arched eyebrows, and an oval shaped face with a softly prominent chin that accents her face and high cheekbones. Although not perfect, small and thin, she has her own personal kind of beauty.

Her favorite classes consist of: Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Defense against the dark arts, Flying, History of magic, Potions, and Transfiguration.
Her least favorite class is Divination. Sylvia considers this a bunch of nonesense "hocus pocus" and it drives her mad!

Sylvia has a horrible problem with claustrophobia, (which is part of the reason she IS antisocial). She cannot be in enclosed rooms, behind a locked door, or in any other enclosed space without having severe reactions including hyperventilation, and fainting. There are reasons why this is so, but she doesn't deem it necessary to tell anyone. Her other fear is of sleep. She tries to sleep as little as possible because of the horrors it holds for her.

Biography:

Sylvia's parents married even under the positively disgraceful hatred that her grandfather had for the match. Jacob wanted to marry Catrina as soon as he could beg her hand (which was shortly after he graduated from Hogwarts.) The two of them waited, however, until Catrina was at least 18, before Jacob (Who was then 24) could claim her as his wife.
His father had looked down on the marriage for one reason: Catrina was a pure muggle born daughter. She knew nothing of the wizarding world, and even though she was intelligent, Jacob's father (Stephan) could not overlook her lack of magical talent and knowledge. Stephan had no objection to muggle-related marriages, as long as the spouse was well accostomed to the wizarding world.
Jacob had chosen Catrina because he found her perfect in his eyes, the two of them were like two puzzle pieces, and they needed each other to be perfected. When she was exposed to the wizarding world, she accepted it-but would never have the elite knowledge that her husband had.
After two years of marriage and a successful job opening in Diagon Alley, they had their one and only child, Sylvia.
The two parents loved their child, but thier marital status was pitiful, and they had to both work to support their rapidly growing daughter. Sylvia was cared for by a sister, who had no interest in children or the care of them, but she prospered as she grew anyway.
She learned to value solitude and her friendships with animals and books-it was her safe harbor, and she prized it in her heart.
When she was eight years old, her parents were both killed by one of the supporters of Voldemort, leaving her alone again.
It was time for the grizzled and skilled auror Stephan Warren to step in and take in his young grand-daughter.
Although he had been proud and hard-hearted all of his life from his battles and training, he was softened by the quiet young girl, and he eagerly did all he could to help her. He found time to be with her, and he taught her everything he knew. At the time they had been living on the outskirts of England going to a remote private wizarding school, and that was all she knew for two years. When her grandfather was offered an auror occupation near Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he thought it best that they leave the States that held so many memories. With little hesitation, they both left, and by the time they arrived, she was accepted into hogwarts. Thrilled and slightly nervous she prepared for her new life.
From then on her life held a more sturdy route, and she was happy, which pleased her grandfather who had mourned at her natural turn to solitude and somber faces. He deemed this to be good for her, and he prayed for her every day.
As of now she still loves books, and her time alone. She had opened up a bit more, at her other school, but here it is like starting all over again. Sylvia is eager to learn, and looks at each new day with hope and determination.

Sylvia has two pets: a black cat (named Stanley) and a black owl (called Arlin).
Her favorite color is indigo, and she loves Italian food. As you know she loves to read, but never ask her to define to you her favorite-it is phyisically impossible for her to select ONE. She does write, poetry, short stories, and novels being her specialties. As for music, she has a unique talent in playing the piano, and in singing, although she has never had a piano lesson, and the only singing lessons she has received is in choir classes.
The reason behind her claustrophobia is that: When she was born she had a unique defunction, and they put her in a small box in which her breathing, temperature and light exposure was limited, when she was older she discovered this fear when she was accidentally locked in the cellar. Then as a joke two boys constantly teased her by locking her in the children's school buildings, and in boxes-at which her fear only intensified.
Sylvia has many secrets, of which she refuses to share.

Her Grandfather insisted that when she was old enough to learn that she become an illegal animagus for protection purposes. (He is not known to always abide the rules...) Her transformation is into that of a black cat which looks identical to her cat Stanley-except she is female-of course.
The other secret that she holds is a unique sight-which sounds odd because of her hatred for Divination-but it actually makes perfect sense. She has a skilled mind in occlumency, but her sight seeing is astonishing and terrifying. Sometimes it seems like she is being posessed when it occurs. It will take her into a strange trance in which she can either be motionless and have a "vision" or she will go into someone elses mind and see something. It horrifies her, and worse-she cannot control it. This is one of the reasons behind her fears of sleep, mostly her sight occurs during sleep. The other reason she doesn't like sleep is because of her "weak" state-she is obsessed with allowing any weaknesses to be found by anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:29 pm
Wow...

That's long and yet, really interesting.

I'll assume that Sylvia's in Slytherin?

You know...

Sylvia, Slytherin, Sylvia, Slytheri--

Err, I'm sure you get the idea...

=3

I don't like Divination, either!

:O  

KitaAmaya

Empress_Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:24 pm
LOL, oops... I forgot to put that she's in Ravenclaw! I fixed it! I know it's long... I'm so sorry-I feel so stupid I post mile long entries, and I am continually surprised that anyone reads them. I have an obsession with typing, and writing...so as you can see...it's a BAD combination!

Thanks for reading it, I'd certainly hope that it is somewhat interesting! ^-^

Empress_Cat
=^..^=

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:28 pm
Very cool! =D
Nice idea. Though this might belong in the RP forums...?
I'll make up a character too!
Aurora Borreaux, Ravenclaw, transfer from Beauxbatons. A pureblood, she lives with her parents and younger brother. She was born in the States and is very interested in collecting as many languages as she can. Aurora has a memory problem, constantly losing things and forgetting events that happened moments before.
Lol, I'm writing a fanfic about her...but it's set after the war, with all the children of the main characters...like Teddy and Scorpius.
^ ^  

turayza

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Cayden Harlow Murray

Cayden was born March 27, 2005 to Landon and Isabella Murray. She was a pureblood and moved to the village of Godric's Hollow when she turned 18 months old. It was there her family met the Potter's and their son James Sirius.

James and Cayden quickly grew up and became friends. They completely contrasted each other in looks. While James had black messy hair and a greenish- brown eyes, Cayden had strawberry blonde with a soft curl and ice blue eyes.

They grew older and at 11, they left for Hogwarts together. Cayden, or Cay as James also called her, sat in her compartment shaking. James sat next to her trying to cheer her up with all the jokes he could muster.
It didn't work.

The sorting hat tried to put her in Ravenclaw. She was about to put in her two sense when the hat yelled, 'R- no, Gryffindor!' She smiled widely and jumped off the stool as James was called next. She held her breath as the hat was slowly put on his head. It barely touched him until the hat shouted that he would join her in Gryffindor. She smiled widely.

Each year after that, the pair grew closer and eventually into a foursome. Meaghan Longbottom and Louis Weasley joined their group. In 5th year, James and Cayden were announced Gryffindor Prefects. In 6th year, Cayden confessed to Meaghan her feelings about James. She wasn't really sure if they were just best friends. It seemed like something more to her. 3 months later on the train ride home, Cayden found herself kissing James. She liked it quite abit too. They continued dating and in their 7th year, they were Head Boy and Head Girl.

Then, fate took over.

_____
Okay, I think that's all. That was fun!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:20 pm
Actually this account is for my HP character, but for all to read, here's Cy's full bio:

Name: Cygnus James Black
Nicknames: Cy and Little Foot (a nickname his mum gave him after she saw how much he looked like Sirius, even as Padfoot.)
Parents: Amanda [Turner] Black & Sirius Black
Blood: Half Blood
Birthday: June 15th (born after Sirius' death)
Eyes: Blue-grey
Hair: Shoulder length, jet black hair, but sometimes streaked with other colors
House: Gryffindor
Wand: 11" Oak, Veela Hair core
Quidditch Position: Seeker
Animagus/Patronus: Wolf
Idols: The Marauders, Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and George Weasley (owner of his favorite store)

Cy is a hard worker in class, but loves making mischief outside of class. Though he's had many pranks in McGonagall's class. He swears he's the reason she retired, couldn't stand another Black in her school. He enjoys reading and exploring. His favorite subjects are History of Magic, Potions (after all, they finally got rid of Snape, it can't be all that bad) and Defence Against the Dark Arts. Quidditch is his life...or so he claims. He's the Gryffindor seeker and has been told he's the best since Harry Potter himself. He loves learning about both the muggle and the wizarding world. He's not the only Black child either, he is in fact the youngest of five. His older brother, Devon Sirius, is the same age as Harry (present day), his older sister, Olivia Lyra is one year younger than Devon, and his twin brother and sister, Krystal Adhara and Kristopher Remus, are 12 years younger than Olivia. They were born after Sirius escaped Azkaban. Cygnus, despite never knowing his dad, is in fact the most like him when it comes to looks and personality. Cy is the only child with a godfather, and that is Amanda's older brother, Cole Turner. Sirius had wanted Remus and James to be godfather's of his older children but sadly with all the drama, things never got worked out. The family moved around a lot after the death of Sirius, but they all attended Hogwarts. Cy is in his last year of Hogwarts now and plans to become a teacher at Hogwarts when he graduates, most likely the DADA teacher, unlike his two oldest siblings who became aurors and the twins who work in Diagon Alley. During his 6th year Cy learned his patronus and is now working on becoming a legal animagus so he can run around as a wolf. Yes, depsite the Cygnus star beign a swan, Cy is a wolf. A year after the final battle the family moved to Godric's Hallow and were able to see Harry (and baby Teddy) pretty much every day, on his 11th birthday Harry made Cy the official owner of the Marauder's Map, which had been fixed up including all the new halls and passages of Hogwarts. Cy and Teddy became the best of friends and were more then willing to become best friends with James Potter II, especially since he was the official owner of the invisibility cloak. They tend to call themselves The Marauder's Trio (yes the apostrophe belongs there, they're claiming themselves as the Marauder's flesh and blood...which they are.) James being just like Harry and James Potter I, tends to get the lot of them in trouble, responsibility falling on Cy for being the oldest. They've spent many detentions together but don't mind at all, after all, they are their father's children! Cy is just a fun loving kid, and along with being a teacher, hopes to be the most immature adult in England before he dies.  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items