Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Elemental Connections (Visualization Exercises)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ich bin Q

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:58 am
The following is a series of energy manipulation exercises that my friend and I do to keep our metaphysical muscles from becoming atrophied. This series can also be used in finding your element -- the reason for which I am writing. I could've included this in the "What's your element?" thread, but as it is multi-purpose, I figured it warranted its own thread (but feel free to challenge my logic... I'm no good at that Spock stuff, really).

There are many ways to find your element. You can pin it by your birth sign, numerological value of your birthday or name (magical or given), or just your personality. Still, these things may look good on paper, but feel totally wrong to the individual... we are all different people, and our truths cannot be summed up by simple words. So for you, I hope this might help.

-----

First off, get into a comfortable position. Ground and center.
Now, think of each element.

Visualize Earth. Imagine that you have a pot of soil in front of you. Breathe deeply, and try to imagine the smell of the soil, rich and sweet with decayed leaves. Once you can smell it, feel it. Dip your hands in your imaginary pot... the soil is loose, crumbly and moist. Wiggle your fingers, and feel the soil fall away between your fingers. Once you can feel it, take another handful of your soil, and concentrate. In this soil is a seed of your favourite flower. Pull energy from the ground from your root chakra, and funnel it into your hands, into the soil, into the seed. In your mind, watch it grow, reaching its little leaves up to the sky, buds finally unfolding to reveal the glory of Earth. Once you see your flower grown, place it back in your pot, and push the pot aside.

Next, work with air. Think of the high breeze of an early autumn day, rustling through the trees, kissing them goodnight for the winter. Feel the wind brush your cheeks and tickle your neck. Once you feel it, capture the essence of that wind in your hands, palms facing each other, curved to form an open circle. Feel the wind following your hands, blowing faster and faster in the circle until the bottom drops and touches the ground. You now have a miniature tornado in your hands! Watch it spin for a while, but take care not to let it get out of control! Once you have established your connection with air, bring your hands together in a gentle clap to dispel the air.

Now we're ready for fire. Imagine there is a candle in front of you, with a tiny flame dancing on its wick. Watch burn, shuddering slightly with every movement in the room, then dancing back into place. Place your hand beside your candle, and feel the warmth of the flame. Don't mess around and stick your hand on the flame, just because it is an imaginary candle... fire is an essence that demands respect, whether it is physical or not! Take as much care with your visualized candle as you would a real one! Now, once you feel the warmth, place your hand palm-up beside the candle, and invite the flame over into your palm. It won't burn you if you respect it, so don't be afraid. Once you can feel it in your palm, draw the flame inside yourself, letting its warmth fill you as you push it back into the earth through your root chakra.

Finally, water. As you should still be a bit warm from the flame, think of a muggy, humid late spring/early summer day. The air is so thick with juicy clouds that you feel like you've inhaled the steam off a cup of hot cocoa. Your hair is heavy and limp, and your face is speckled with sweat. By God, you wish it would just rain. Feel miserable yet? Good razz Now make it rain! In your mind, open the clouds up, and breathe deep. Smell the rain coming. As soon as you can smell it, the shower starts, plipping against your bare shoulders. Open your palms and lift your face to the sky, welcoming the water to chill the flame from your body. Once you've enjoyed the rain, command the clouds to close and thank them for their gift.

-----

Which of these visualizations was the easiest for you to do? Which element did you feel the most, and manifest the fastest? This is your element.

If you had more than one that you worked remarkably well with, don't worry... most people have a primary and secondary element. For example, my primary and secondary are fire and water respectively. Once you have manifesting each element individually down to an art, you can move to step two, and try blending your two strongest elements into a substance that represents them both... magma for fire and water... lightning for fire and air... fog for air and water... and don't ask me about earth, because that is my weakest element razz

-----

Final note... don't be surprised if your elements change as you age. I was a water as a teenager. Once I got through pubescent hormone hell, I settled into fire. Don't expect yourself to be static, as nature is everything but. Each element can overpower and destroy the other, as well as encourage growth of another... water feeds earth and destroys fire, air consumes water and feeds fire, etc, so you can very easily find yourself changed at great milemarkers in your life as one element gives rise to another.

Hope this helps, or at least proves entertaining when you're bored in History class smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:24 pm
This sounds really interesting. I shall definately try it! Thanks!! xd  

PathlessPlot

Eddie-Ka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:28 pm
I can help a bit with earth mixes

Earth+ water=plants
Earth + fire=magma (your fire and water actually is steam magma is made from rock)

i dont really know bout the others but hopre that helps a bit

im going to try this out later. thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:42 pm
i'll definitely have to try this when i get a chance  

Lily of the Sword

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100

Ich bin Q

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:25 pm
don't get any big ideas, they're not going to happen...
onichigo, big help! Thanks biggrin

Yeah, technically, magma would be fire and earth, but the fluidity of the rock in its molten state is more reminiscent of water than earth (to me, at least). Steam feels too much like fog for my brain. It all depends on what works for the person, though, so peeps should keep on tryin' til they find the right mix 3nodding
...you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:22 am
hmm for fire and water how bout a hot spring? mmmm that sounds nice right about now xD  

Eddie-Ka

Ich bin Q

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:36 pm
don't get any big ideas, they're not going to happen...
Now THAT just might work! I'll definitely give that a try! biggrin
...you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:02 am
The elemental combinations:
Earth And air together is sand
Earth and fire together is simply warm rocks
Earth and Water together is either sand, or river.

Water and Fire is the refreshing steam.
Water and air is the life force

Fire and air is the destructive blaze.

How they relate to a person:
E+A: a very crafty person, also unpleasant to get really close to, but nice to be friends with
E+F: A sturdy person you can lean on, who may make you happy and content, but may also may hurt you badly
E+W (river): A Very strong person who tends to be happier in the summer, as said before, can be nice and relaxing to be with, or can suffocate you.
W+F: A person who is very well balanced, is calm and cooling, and also kinda and warming.
W+A: the person who does everything for others, and lives nicely themselves
F+A: tends to be very cruel and Unkind, not caring much for others, only does what it can to make itself "bigger"  

Hibou et loup

The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff