Reply ®
Lord of the Flies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mysterious_0ne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:30 pm
Anyone read the Lord of the Flies? Just finished it yesterday. It was very intriguing and I loved it. I mean I hated it up until the last like 5 chapters cuz then it really got interesting..I tend to like books once the characters lives hit their breaking point and explode with emotion. Yeah, that's just me though. Anyways I was that bored I thought I would bring them up.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:04 pm
I saw the movie. I thought the whole thing was strange. especially when some of the kids went crazy  

hg-lumin

WHITless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:57 pm
If I recall correctly
(I watched the movie, haven't read the book yet)
they killed off Piggy.
D=

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:49 pm
I never saw the movie, but the book is pretty intense. Like it really is all symbolic of how society is and it was just making the point that we as people cannot resist human nature which is evil and savagry.  

Mysterious_0ne

Mysterious_0ne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:45 pm
Whoa, I sounded all smartiful...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:55 pm
The newest movie sucks hard compared to the book. The old movie might be better, but I've never seen it. The book is nice! Shows the levels of society in a primitive setting, and shows how those levels can fall under basic hedonism.  

Adrilaxas

Sage_Nashae

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:34 pm
I like the view that this book takes. There is a similar book where the stranded ones form a paradise but I tend to disagree with that theory.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:34 pm
Just like Gilligan's Island! lol, I forgot the name of the book that was quoted at the end.  

Adrilaxas

Asakura Hizume

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:26 am
the book's wonderful^_^ it's almost as insightful as The Catcher in the Rye:3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:49 pm
I've seen someone at school reading that book, but I've never heard a summary of it. What's it about?  

Adrilaxas

naive melody

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:38 pm
Truthfully wasn't fond of the book..
but I wrote a killer essay on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:59 pm
The book was awesome. I like books like that, where everyone reverts to their most primal and basic instincts.  

Lord Drago

Dapper Explorer

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

naive melody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:41 pm
Sage_Nashae
I like the view that this book takes. There is a similar book where the stranded ones form a paradise but I tend to disagree with that theory.

Do you remember the title of it / could you find it out for me?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:11 pm
The book was weird but the movie was weirder I saw the old one

Read the book for school and wrote an essay on it I got a 69 but I ended the marking period with an A- so I was okay

The only thing creepier we read in english that year was The Lottery by Shirly Jackson that was creepy  

Froggy5657

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff