Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Peaceful Revolution (Update)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KK.trin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:05 pm
It was reported on most major news networks today of the the hundreds of thousands of Buddhist monks, nuns, students, and ordinary citizens marching peacefully for democracy in Burma (Myanmar), and the ruling military government is warning of violence against these demonstrators. There were protests like these in 1988, but they ended violently, wiht about 3,000 innocent people killed by government troops.

I'm aware that these people do not share our same religion, but we do share similiar values: peace, forgiveness, and a willingness to stand up for you believe is truly just. And doesn't God loves all His children? In my heart I just feel I really need to tell people about this, and ask for your prayers. Please pray that God will keep these peaceful people safe and pray for their sucess in establishing a democracy...they've been striving for it for years.

Here are some more links if you're interested:

BBC News Report
Video (look at the top of the page)

Feel free to discuss as well. :]

UPDATE:

These peaceful protests have continued, and quite tragically the government's military has made good on their threats. Already five people have been shot, one killed, and thousands beaten. The monks defiantly do not fight back. Many ordinary onlookers have resorted to forming human shields around the marching monks in order to try and protect them from the soldiers.

News Report

Please pray...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:37 pm
No matter what, no matter who it is, no matter what religion....We all deserve to live in harmony and peace. In a matter like this, I really hope it doesn't come down to killing another Ghandi. cry I do believe for this matter, we need his modeling to follow in these violent times. Peaceful revolution is the most deeply-impacting on everyone's hearts (mine too). It wins sympathy and assistance in times of strife, such as this. I pray they live after Ghandi's example.  

Mjolnir The Hammer

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:57 am
I am fighting for peace with in my school my sister, it's hard. It takes everything I have...

When I first found that this is my path, I was talking to my guidence counciler and she said this to me,
"The people that messed up this world (the generations before us) were very messed up people, but there children are going to be the same. No matter what walk of race or sex. The most you can do is try and get a message past the people that are smart and willing to admit this world is messed up, that will cause a movement, that's what we need, a solid movement, and a solid leader that will not brake, and that leader is maybe you. Or your children, but you will make a change. No doubt in that"

I am trying my best, but it's hard. We need to start with our schools, get the message past of IT'S NOW TIME FOR A CHANGE! Start with our generation and than we can get better leaders into this world, that will start fix the problem.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:36 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13
I am fighting for peace with in my school my sister, it's hard. It takes everything I have...

When I first found that this is my path, I was talking to my guidence counciler and she said this to me,
"The people that messed up this world (the generations before us) were very messed up people, but there children are going to be the same. No matter what walk of race or sex. The most you can do is try and get a message past the people that are smart and willing to admit this world is messed up, that will cause a movement, that's what we need, a solid movement, and a solid leader that will not brake, and that leader is maybe you. Or your children, but you will make a change. No doubt in that"

I am trying my best, but it's hard. We need to start with our schools, get the message past of IT'S NOW TIME FOR A CHANGE! Start with our generation and than we can get better leaders into this world, that will start fix the problem.

That's a very powerful quote, I love it...  

KK.trin

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:02 pm
KK.trin
dirtdevilgrunt13

That's a very powerful quote, I love it...

Thanks I surrond myself with alot of wise people... One thing I hope my sister, is that you don't just talk, you must act.

and unfortantly, due to now, many situations can not end peaceful. Like this one I was in 2 years ago.

I was walking off the bus, and this guy starts making comments to this younger and smaller kid. I walked over and put myself in line of danger. The guy pushed me and told me to "F*** off" I said step down and walk away, still having my calm mind. Now, not saying my race can't make comments about us, but he went to make a racial comment about Italians, and he couldn't think. I warned him one more time to turn about face and walk away, he than throws a punch at my, I duck. and do what I was trained in a martial art black belt is trained to do. with out details a cop drove by, brought us to the station, and our rents came up there. That was the day my father couldn't get any prouder...

But the moral is, many things will happen when people make racial/sexual remarks, and it half of the time won't end easily. But I have managed to make 8 teens back off of me just using words.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games