Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Hey you, Can you spare a thought for Peace?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Original Jazzman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:41 am
Being that I am now part of America's Warrior caste, it will seem that I will be fighting sometime in the near future. I have to pose a question, Did I have to fight in only the conventional sense? Must I only use an M16A4, or can I use my words. I was once just a Modern Poet Pilgrim, but now I am more. But I will still speak out against the evils of the world. For my words are still my sharpest razor, and my unstoppable trump card.

To achieve outer peace, that is peace in the world, one must first have inner peace. To acquire inner peace, we must all take a good, hard look at ourselves, and find out what is bothering us. Once that is located,we can begin to help ourselves out of the proverbial doldrums of existence, and on to the path of global enlightenment.

I will start because I will not, nay I cannot ask the world to do something that I have not done first.

What bother me and inhibits my inner peace is the worry of mediocrity. I feel that I must excel at everything that I do. I worry that sometime in the not to distant future, I will be a bad father and a bad husband. I worry that I am not a a good friend to people and to the world. I worry that my advice when it is given is tainted or self-serving.

I have been trying to just mellow and take a course of non-action and reaction. Meaning I experience the world, and react to my experiences, all the while not taking harsh actions.

Though this method, I am starting to feel more at peace with myself, and therefore my actions and reactions are motivated by peace, and not other motives.

Please everyone! Examine yourself and work for peace  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:28 am
I agree wholeheartedly with every word that was so eloquently written. I strive for peace in my own life, and through that utter tranquility, I can attempt to help serve others, to aid them in their journeys in this life that is so often cruel and harsh. I support your desire to try and bring peace to the world through words in the place of weapondry.

After all, how can peace be achieved through violence? The calm stability gained from such means is but an illusion, nothing more, for beneath that mask of strength lies rotting hearts of hate, and pain, and anger, all of which could have been avoided had those souls not been marred by way of losing one they held dear to their hearts.

But if we band together to stop violence, and become a part of something that means more and is worth more and is larger than ourselves, this world might have a chance to achieve peace. If we become more interested in the troubles of others instead of wallowing in our own self pity, the world would be a brighter, happier place that everyone could enjoy more fruitfully.  

Tinuviel846

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff