maybe
  poll whore
View Results

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:06 pm
rillegas08
Mjolnir The Hammer
thestarthatshines
I would love to say I'd say yes, but in all honesty, how can I know unless I'm in the situation? I hope and pray that I would say yes. Because to say no, to deny my faith, what kind of person does that make me? To be so ashamed of God that I'd deny him? I couldn't live with myself if I did that. Jesus could've said "No" when they threatened to crucify him, but he didn't, why should I?
Persecution is one of those touchy subject. You'd like to say yes, but would you really? I literally pray that if I come up against Persecution, I won't turn my back on God. Going on to live another day and serve him, what's wrong with that? right? I just think that to deny God . . .it's not right. After all, Jesus said that we'd be persecuted, and he said that if we were ashamed of him, he would be ashamed of us before his father.

but . . .I can't really say I'd say yes.

and I just spent a lot of time rambling. xp

You let your thoughts & ideas spill into the keyboard. That's not rambling., silly. mrgreen
I'd agree with anyone who'd say I'd have to be in the situation. Honestly, what we say now.... Would it apply to then, when the time came? It's kind of like knowing "How many licks would it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?" Just like they said," The world may never know....."

Actually, my brother did that some time ago. I think the number he got was 356 licks.

Some can do it in zero. Stick it in and leave it (course, this takes about two hours if you never take it out... been there... done that...)

Going in circles and off the point is rambling. That had a point and it stayed with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 pm
I couldn't think of a better way to die.  

Mountain Rose

Tornadomaster_Auron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:32 pm
I, for one, would say yes, regardless of what the consequences are. My sect of Christianity believes "The ultimate sin is denying your belief in God and Jesus Christ". And I hold true to that belief. I would never deny our Lord my faith just to keep on living.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 pm
Word's are meaningless, it is the Faith of the heart that matters, i would say No, and he would walk away and i would thank God for sparing my life, would my faith be shook in even the slightest...No, not at all.

God does not want us to die for him, he want's us to live for him what point is there in a pointless, avoidable death.  

We Dont Negotiate

Ricette

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:10 pm
Many of you who say yes now, you only deal with a hypothetical and have no clue what its really like. I doubt half of you would say yes when asked at gunpoint. Most of you would have the switch flipped that makes you think of self-preservation instead of faith.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:04 am
Why would one want to deny their faith, even if it is just with their tongue?

Please, read SOMETHING in the Book of Martyrs or in Jesus Freaks.

Remember Columbine? Cassie? She was at gun point, saw another get shot, knew they were serious, and STILL said yes.

From JesusFreaks.net:
Quote:
mar·tyr
(mar' ter)n.
[from the Greek word for "witness"]

1) One who chooses to suffer death rather than deny Jesus Christ or His work.
2) One who bears testimony to the truth of what he has seen or heard or knows, as in a witness in a court of justice.
3) One who sacrifices something very important to further the kingdom of God.
4) One who endures severe or constant suffering for their Christian witness.
5) A Jesus Freak.
Quote:

Whoever declares openly—speaking out freely—and confesses that he is My
worshipper and acknowledges Me before men, the Son of man also will declare and
confess and acknowledge him before the angels of God.
-Jesus
(LUKE 12:8 AMP)
Quote:

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my
mouth, words may be given me so that I
will fearlessly make known the mystery of
the gospel, for which I am an ambassador
in chains.
Paul
(Ephesians 6:19–20 NIV)
Quote:

We often say we have school spirit or pride in our community, but how often are we
willing to put our reputations on the line for others that they might also share the joy we
have in Jesus?
I would gladly be placed under God’s curse and be separated from Christ for the
good of my own people.
Paul
(Romans 9:3 CEV)
Quote:

Jesus Freaks can’t keep their joy hidden.

You are the light of the world—like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see. Don’t hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

— Matthew 5:14-16 (NLT)
Quote:

“God blesses those who are persecuted
because they live for God, for the Kingdom
of Heaven is theirs. God blesses you when
you are mocked and persecuted and lied
about because you are my followers. Be
happy about it! Be very glad! For a great
reward awaits you in heaven. And remember,
the ancient prophets were persecuted, too.”
MATTHEW 5:10-12
Quote:

If people persecute you because you are a
Christian, don’t curse them; pray that God
will bless them.
ROMANS 12:14

SloanSage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:28 am
SloanSage
Why would one want to deny their faith, even if it is just with their tongue?

Please, read SOMETHING in the Book of Martyrs or in Jesus Freaks.

Remember Columbine? Cassie? She was at gun point, saw another get shot, knew they were serious, and STILL said yes.

From JesusFreaks.net:
Quote:
mar·tyr
(mar' ter)n.
[from the Greek word for "witness"]

1) One who chooses to suffer death rather than deny Jesus Christ or His work.
2) One who bears testimony to the truth of what he has seen or heard or knows, as in a witness in a court of justice.
3) One who sacrifices something very important to further the kingdom of God.
4) One who endures severe or constant suffering for their Christian witness.
5) A Jesus Freak.
Quote:

Whoever declares openly—speaking out freely—and confesses that he is My
worshipper and acknowledges Me before men, the Son of man also will declare and
confess and acknowledge him before the angels of God.
-Jesus
(LUKE 12:8 AMP)
Quote:

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my
mouth, words may be given me so that I
will fearlessly make known the mystery of
the gospel, for which I am an ambassador
in chains.
Paul
(Ephesians 6:19–20 NIV)
Quote:

We often say we have school spirit or pride in our community, but how often are we
willing to put our reputations on the line for others that they might also share the joy we
have in Jesus?
I would gladly be placed under God’s curse and be separated from Christ for the
good of my own people.
Paul
(Romans 9:3 CEV)
Quote:

Jesus Freaks can’t keep their joy hidden.

You are the light of the world—like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see. Don’t hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

— Matthew 5:14-16 (NLT)
Quote:

“God blesses those who are persecuted
because they live for God, for the Kingdom
of Heaven is theirs. God blesses you when
you are mocked and persecuted and lied
about because you are my followers. Be
happy about it! Be very glad! For a great
reward awaits you in heaven. And remember,
the ancient prophets were persecuted, too.”
MATTHEW 5:10-12
Quote:

If people persecute you because you are a
Christian, don’t curse them; pray that God
will bless them.
ROMANS 12:14
That was however ONE example. ONE not two not three not 16. Only one chance that is happened. But like Ricette said this is only a hypothetical instance. You think you would say yes because a gun isn't pointed at your head. But if a gun is pointed at your head it's fight or flight. Chances are if you really did value your life you would say no.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:29 pm
My life has no value but for Christ in my life.

How can one deny christ with their lips and expect others to believe that what we have is worth anything at all?

Bomb, gun, rape, knife, rope, height... nothing would sway me from Christ or my proclamation of His Glory, His Kingdom, His life and death, His Ultimate Gift, or the fact that to live fully, I must die first to myself and get rid of me and fully place myself in God's hands. A person holding fast to their faith is the strongest testimony ever!

And, Rai, are you saying that Cassie is the ONLY incident? There are BOOKS on it! Here, some sights with more examples...

jesusfreaks.net
persecution.com

Check hose out for more examples. Or check out the Jesus Freaks books. There are three. Start with the first one. Then move to Martyrs. And Cassie is in the Martyrs one.  

SloanSage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:49 pm
SloanSage

How can one deny christ with their lips and expect others to believe that what we have is worth anything at all?

Bomb, gun, rape, knife, rope, height... nothing would sway me from Christ or my proclamation of His Glory, His Kingdom, His life and death, His Ultimate Gift, or the fact that to live fully, I must die first to myself and get rid of me and fully place myself in God's hands. A person holding fast to their faith is the strongest testimony ever!

And, Rai, are you saying that Cassie is the ONLY incident? There are BOOKS on it! Here, some sights with more examples...

jesusfreaks.net
persecution.com

Check hose out for more examples. Or check out the Jesus Freaks books. There are three. Start with the first one. Then move to Martyrs. And Cassie is in the Martyrs one.
Anything with the words Jesus Freaks, I tend to stay away from. They are more likely to be biased to one side.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:49 pm
1,000 times yes. I already live in service to God. Why not die for him?  

brad175

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:17 pm
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage

jesusfreaks.net
persecution.com

Anything with the words Jesus Freaks, I tend to stay away from. They are more likely to be biased to one side.

How can they be biased when they tell the story of a martyr? They died and did not deny Christ. How can that be one sided? (unless, of course, you think that calling them martyrs is biased because their murderers might have had good reason! - which is, in itself, biased!)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:20 am
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage

jesusfreaks.net
persecution.com

How can they be biased when they tell the story of a martyr? They died and did not deny Christ. How can that be one sided? (unless, of course, you think that calling them martyrs is biased because their murderers might have had good reason! - which is, in itself, biased!)
Because it's coming from a CHRISTIAN source. Key word being Christian. Not a Buddhist source, a pagan source, an atheist source. CHRISTIAN. Also if you look it up from a non-biased source, chances are you will find that Cassie didn't die for her faith. They would have shot her anyways. http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cassie.htm  

Neferet -House of Night-

yashua_freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:40 pm
blessed are thoughs who die in the name of the lord

I'm not afraid to die, why would i be when i know that god is waiting for me on the other side.

so i would say yes.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces