Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Prayer Requests
Demons and a possible mental disorder....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

H a n a a k o

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:16 am
Strange things have been happening to me lately, and I'm a bit frightened of them. I'd like to keep this short though, even though it will be difficult for me to summarize everything in a few paragraphs.

On October 31st, 2006, I saw a demon on my ceiling as I was watching the patterns form (what I usually did to try and sleep). I accepted Christ a few days (weeks?) later and as I was accepting Christ, I stared into the lamp by my bed and almost blinded myself, which is causing my many visual problems of seeing unhuman figures on the wall and seeing images of creatures and things. What's worst is that I've been having dreams and visions that have scared me.

My first vision, I believe, was when I was trying to sleep in my room and I closed my eyes and saw a girl with long black hair and an almost dead expression. And when I slept, I would often suddenly wake back up again, as if someone had just slapped me because I would lose my breath. I sleep downstairs now and it's helping a lot, but I still hear things.

Recently, I found out that I might have Morgellon's disease. I already know that I have social anxiety disorder and I was telling myself that I might be schizophrenic, but my mother told me that I wasn't.

I feel awkward that this happened to me right after I accepted Christ, and I read the scripture that the more you suffer, the weaker you become and the stronger Christ's power can work in you, and you get more perseverance, but this is a little difficult. Ever since I prayed, and my mother and father prayed, and brother prayed, I've gotten much better, but it's still happening, and the Morgellon's disease still haunts me.

I don't know what to do anymore, but Christ has helped me through it so far.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:07 am
I promise I will pray for you smile
I hope everything gets better.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

theothermary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 pm
You have my prayers too.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:47 pm
i really hope you get better and that the demons, or whatever they are, go away

i shall also pray for you  

Rose Elwood

xnostalgicx4xdisasterx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:59 pm
That my dear is called spiritual warfare. It's actaully quite common in new christians. The enemy is trying to scare you away from christ. I'll pray for you, but this is YOUR battle. Stay with Jesus, and you'll be okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:40 pm
I will definitely pray for you. Just stay close to the Lord. You'll be fine.
And i hope you get better soon! <3  

xpixie_lightsx

moosiklady

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:01 am
You're in my prayers also - keep us posted!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 pm
well im no professional in things like this but if it wuz me i'd think it mite jus b my eyes playin tricks on me or the devil

remember the devil works in strange ways always trying to get u to turn yer back on God well dont let him succeed fite it try not to b afraid i know that is hard thoh i still havent concured my fears but if u do they mite stop

about the skitsafraynia srry bout the spelling confused it usually doesnt happen to people until their early 20's althoh im not sure how old u r  

Duckslayer74

TheBoyBrushedInRed

Dedicated Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:01 pm
xnostalgicx4xdisasterx
That my dear is called spiritual warfare. It's actaully quite common in new christians. The enemy is trying to scare you away from christ. I'll pray for you, but this is YOUR battle. Stay with Jesus, and you'll be okay.

christians are suposed to stay with EACHOTHER we dont leave one behind because its THERE battle  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:03 am
Has there been any updates on your condition?

You have the spiritual side already, I'll give the medical: I don't think you have schizophrenia simply because you acknowledge and know that they are hallucinations and not real, tangible objects. But a social anxiety disorder may be it. If it hasn't stopped by now, I would go to the nearest psychiatrist/psychologist that your medical insurance covers and set up an appointment. If the situation gets any worse, they may ask for more check-ups. Sometimes, all you need is to understand the situation and not be afraid to ask for help. Keeping your faith in God and Jesus is a good way to keep up morale, but sometimes, you need outside help too.

I hope you've rectified your issue.

-b.

b-asinine

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:44 am
i dont see but i feel...ummm just pray and trust God.
Last time i didn't hallucinate but i had a realistic dream, the mary statue had the devils face on it and i shat myself when i saw that D: it was some freaky s**t.. I think its trying to scare you away from this religion. Making you think youre going to be possessed by going into Christianity.

See, when you recently join or when you want to believe again, you see this kind of stuff. Obviously, satan thought it would be a good idea but...it sure failed on me mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:27 pm
any updates?

I am praying for you.

Spiritual warfare is great and you are open to it.

You see things because of how open you are to it. We are spiritual beings and being Christians we are more openly attacked.

Just keep believing and praying. Have family prayer time.

I will pray for you.

You have been listed! blaugh heart  

SloanSage

Mistifear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:49 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
I'm guessing this is love
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
You're the remedy to my heartbreak
Wouldn't have it any other way
Hope this never dies...

I will most definitely be praying for you.

There is something my mother always tells me: When you experience something good, like your acceptance of Christ, an attack from the Devil always follows. It's like he's trying to rip us apart in an attempt to hurt us even more and destroy what God is doing in our lives. If you stay strong, and pray through what's happening, I'm sure things will ease up.

Try reading the Bible or praying right before you go to bed. Try asking God to help you sleep peacefully through the night. Maybe look up a few passages in the Bible that reference peace and see if reading those passages consistently every night helps.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me, I would love to be able to help you out and encourage you through all of this.

I feel a little strange
You go straight to my brain
Drivin' me oh so crazy
Between the sound and lights
You got me hypnotized
And if there never comes a sunrise
Well, that'd be just fine
This will never die...

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash