Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Drinking Alcohol

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:49 pm
Is it really so bad? I mean, as long as it isn't tempting to drink all the time. As long as you drink sparingly it's okay, right? Sometimes the way people talk about it, saying it's "wrong", makes it seem any drinking, any time, is wrong. To me it seems as long as it doesn't tempt you or doesn't make you do wrong and stupid things it's okay.

(When I say drinking I mean drinking alcohol, so don't be a smart a**)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:05 pm
drinking to get drunk, is wrong. but a small amount, every now and then is ok. But i refuse to drink 'cause i'm a hardass.  

thrashmetaljunkie

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:21 pm
Same here. woot, go hardasses. LoL

No seriously though. I just won't drink unless an occasion turns up where I'll be celebrating or something, but not unless I'm of age. I'm 17. I think its fine that people drink in moderation and don't make themselves look like a freaking idiot. They need to drink with as much savvy and knowledge of what the consequences of drinking TOO much could be. But moderation, yeah, that's fine with me. (It's a benefit for your heart if you have a cup of red wine everyday.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:04 pm
in small amounts i think its ok. but still, to use it as a depressant or something, that doesnt help. it just makes the situation possibly worse and causes more problems. problems that are created in the state of being drunk and unconscious of the actions done. overall, drinking is not a smart move.  

sunshinehearttrob

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:08 pm
Okay. I wasn't sure how people were talking about it. Turns out they were hardasses. Go figure.
rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:11 pm
Captain Patches
Okay. I wasn't sure how people were talking about it. Turns out they were hardasses. Go figure.
rolleyes
if thats how you took it then be it. you did ask for opinions  

sunshinehearttrob

Dcaff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:06 am
"See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit..." (Ephesians 5:15-1 cool

What the others have said is true. To drink isn't the problem, to drink in excess is. Drinking is fine, drunkenness is not. I like this passage because it tells you in the end not only what NOT to do but what to do in its place. If you have a problem and you cut yourself off from the problem, you leave a hole which needs to be filled. In most cases, why do people drink to get drunk?

1. Social reasons, to feel loose and comfortable around others...in essence, to get rid of inhibitions.

2. To feel good. Drunkenness can bring a feeling of joy and contentment.

3. To forget pain. People drink to wash away the stress, the burdens of life and just forget them for a while.

Well, Paul goes on to say that instead of drinking, we are to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Why? The Holy Spirit perfectly satisfies the reasons why most people drink. When you're filled with the Holy Spirit, you know you're a child of God, you know how much you're loved, how safe you are and what a wonderful future awaits you right? So you should be loose and comfortable around others, you should have no reason for inhibitions, you should feel joyful and content, your stress and burdens can be left at Jesus' feet and not only just for a while as is the case with drugs and alcohol, but permanently! It is simply the better alternative!

Now, that being said. Drink (of course unless you aren't 21 yet) in moderation if you so feel the need. If not, to not drink is just fine too!

In fact, when you do drink, be sure you do it consiously of those around you? Are you able to drink in a situation free from the possibility of burdening someone else? That is to say, some WILL find drinking difficult to deal with and it is hard on them to see you drink. For instance, I don't think there is anything wrong with someone participating in a champaine toast at a wedding, or sitting with a friend who orders a beer, but as a youth leader and an usher at my church etc, I tend simply not to drink at all on the chance that someone I know or serve may be watching. I

don't know where they are in their Christian walk and so by my drinking in their presence, I could cause those who don't know any better to say "See? So and so is drinking, there's nothing wrong with it!" and end up getting drunk simply because they misinterpreted what I was doing. I even ended up not going clubbing anymore on the off chance someone could misenterpret what I was doing. Even if I'm just there to dance, others don't necissarily have the benefit of understanding that! So out of love for them, I am willing to simply refrain altogether, and afterall that is what we are to be all about: others well being!

Here's a little blurb from Romans Ch. 14...the whole chapter is good for this topic, so be sure to read the entire thing, but in the mean time, check this out.

"Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak." (Romans 14:19-21)

I know that was a bit wordy but I hope it helps!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:49 pm
Nothing wrong with drinking alcohol. Jesus not only drank wine himself, but supplied wine for others (at a party no less).  

ioioouiouiouio

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:03 am
My a good crunk of my family is acholic... and I got that gene... I am always wanting a drink... But I drink in moderation! Trying to control it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:00 am
first since i don't see that anyone has posted this
alcohol is a poison
but for small amounts there are positive health effects (look 'em up its really cool)

the problem isn't the drinking to any degree
the problem is the effects of drinking
who knows what you might say or do to people

im a sleepy drunk and I would rather not crash during a party
therefore I don't drink much...perhaps a lil blush (what I have a sweet tooth)

think about it  

lordstar

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces