Reply The Drunken Dwarf Tavern
Origonal weapons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

syberfang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:58 pm
Has anybody created ther own weapons. I know braten (my half oger) had a sharbened round shield He used it like a frisby. It was like 1d6 damage and a roll above 17 caused stun for one round and n20 cut them in half. it was pretty cool  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:19 pm
I've got one, used by a Kitsune...

TernesjiSone (Eater of Stone)
+5 Balanced, Resizing Huge Goliath Great Hammer of Speed, Impact, Sonic, Sonic Burst, Sonic Blast, Collision, Hunting, and Sweeping...with a Greater Demolition Crystal attached.

I've got plenty of weapons like this <.<...  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:45 pm
The meteor hammer.

Similar to a dire flail, except it's just a cord with a metal ball at each end. These do exist, although now they're used more for exhibition than actual combat. My character's had the Flaming property, and the DM let me use intimidation to perform with it when the party got low on cash.

Apparently, some people really will pay money to see a Drow risk life and limb.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:25 pm
The Death Scythe

Not an original name, but was a favorite for Dimitri. It starts as a quarterstaff. With a move action to twist part of the handle to unlock the blade. A swift action to strike a switch on the bottom to release the vorpal blade. Striking it a second time will turn the blade into bright energy still with vorpal.

Even in the early levels, it's the same thing just without the magical properties. And a good way to catch them off guard.

Right now I'm working on making a weapon similar to Benitora's dagger/spear. I think I would be fun.  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Fiver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:26 pm
Edit: This was written at 7 in the morning after being up all night. sweatdrop Please forgive the errors. I went back through and fixed what I found.

Most things I've created I later see somewhere else. It seems far too many good ideas were already had. razz I once played a character who used something much like the meteor hammer, except he called it the dual hammer and it was on a long chain, not a cord. I also created a sword in 2nd edition meant for large creatures to weild in both hands, and once had a stone giant show up weilding two. It was called the humanslayer. It dealt 2d8 damage. Then 3rd rolls around...

What I've never seen a parallel for are things that I never used for D&D, though there are still some D&D traits. Some were built around the idea that if you have superhuman abilities (which at higher levels most characters do), you ought to have unconventional weapons that wouldn't otherwise work to take fullest advantage of them.

One was the ramrod, an energy staff which could have the handle turned sideways and the blades elongated to 20' each. When held by the handle and pushed hard enough down the length of either blade, the handle would slide along it, though powerful (magnetic?) forces pulled it back. This way, all the momentum built up travelling to the opponent could then be slammed into the point of impact. Good for bringing down enormous, heavily armore opponents, like epic dragons or mechs, but required epicly high strength just to use it that way.

Another was designed as kind of a long-term quest stort of thing, and I suppose it could be introduced into a campaign as an artifact, especially since this one has much more to do with D&D. A set of ten short rods referred to as the All-Purpose Weapons. Every one has a different set of weapons inside: stone-age, European, Oriental, etc. The weilder could switch between any weapons in any given APW at will. They could also be combined to form weapons that only made sense as a combination of what was in both sets, such as combining futuristic weapons with fantasy weapons to come up with something that might appear in a sci-fi, so long as that sci-fi was willing to bend the rules a lot. The weapon would have an enhancement bonus equal to the number of APW's used, and still form any weapon you could justify being able to include that many objects of the shape. Thus, a dagger could never be more than a +1, a crossbow might get up to +3 or +4, but to get the full +10 you'd pretty much have to make a quarterstaff or a scythe. In case anyone's curious, the character I played as weilding these only has six. ninja

Going back to the concept of superhuman characters needing unusual weapons, I came up with one weapon specifically for the areas where the weilder of the APW's is: Unlimitted endurance (construct) and impossibly good balance. It took me a while to figure out what kind of a weapon could exploit that, as the weapon needed to be designed around the character's abilities, not vice versa, and unlike Inu Yasha or Arion (wielder of the afforementioned ramrod) it wasn't as simple as super strength. It needed to be something that required constant motion without a whole lot of physical strength and outwardly seemed kind of awkward. I decided on a unicycle with a bladed wheel. The weilder spends most of its time walking on its hands, pedalling to keep the blade spinning and swinging it at people. Though in most cases this would be completely impractical in most cases, for someone who could actually weild it it would have the full power of the person's leg and abdominal strength behind it, plus it could get momentum built up in the wheel before striking.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:00 pm
*Gets images of break dancers in her head* A killer unicycle!? Nasty xp  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Archangel_Crow

Friendly Genius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:31 pm
I kinda have one, umm... well..... it is pretty much two spiked chains with grappling hook ends, with a spike on the top, both mounted to a harness that you strap to yourself, you need a strength of like 30 to use it very well.... you weild each chain with one hand. a large creature's one of these each chain is 10-20 ft long... never really figured out what it was, it does a damage of 2d6...... a +4 to grapple, and you can grapple creatues regardless of your size....... the thing is nearly impossible to be disarmed without breaking it...... this weapon is mostly for grapplers......

my character that used this his name is Icolis (I have several versions of Icolis) he was a dracotaur (MM III) he was LN......  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:59 am
My favorite was a ronded sheild That I sharpend and mad a bladed frispie =)  

syberfang

The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff