Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Craft Name Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iconiq

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:18 pm
I like to call myself Avalon Skye Nightwind.
It may sound really fruity, but it makes me feel soooo special, even if I'm just referring to myself. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:56 pm
How long does a craft name have to be? or does it have any fixed length in particular because I'm leaning toward Placidus Aether, which pretty much means quiet spirit.  

27 Ven 27

Mira Moon Darling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:51 pm
It can be as long or as short as you want it to be is what I've been told.

Edit by Mod: Please don't double post - it's against our guild rules. Instead, hit up the edit button. wink

If you're unsure of the definition of double posting, or our rules for that matter, then our Guild Guidebook should answer all your questions.

I don't give my true Craft Name out, because I believe only you, your Coven, your God/Goddess, and your dear Lady and Lord should know something as special as that. But, often, I go by Meniskos VĂ©ineas Crecentedohman Ceribheil. It relates slightly to my Craft Name.
I know its really quite long, but it's meaning is very special to me and my family's pagan heratige  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 am
Hmmm, so you just pick out a name? and use it as your craft name? huh, sigh, meditation is not my thing so i can't find it there, dreams don't help either i'm always nameless in them, . . . there's only one name i've taking a liking to recently: Dusk, but it doesnt feel complete,like a missing puzzle piece or one that doesn't fit quite right . . . any advice? plz PM  

Dusk Bloodstone

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 pm
Look at symbols. Look to herb lore, animal lore, gods/goddesses, anything. Look for things that feel like they represent you well. Look for things you are connected with. I hope this helps a little, but I do not have a name, mine is a sigle. I have no way to pronounce it, so I dont', I just draw/write it.

Here is a link to a little animal lore that I find interesting. http://www.uc2enter.com/animalomens.html

And another http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/animals2.htm

Herbs http://www.celticattic.com/tips_hints/health/herb.htm  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:53 pm
Thats interesting but i'm being serious, on what i'm about to say, when i wrote the post above i was uterly confused about my craft name but i got off soon after and took a walk, meditated hopelessly, went into a half sleep, then went to draw outside and sat on the wooden bench and came up with the name: Dusk Calmwind biggrin yay i feel better

Dusk Bloodstone

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:40 am
Dusk The Wise
Hmmm, so you just pick out a name? and use it as your craft name?

If you are solitary, then it would be something that you would pick yourself, or that comes to you in meditation or from communicating with one's deities, etc...

Within Traditional Wicca (and various other paths), a craft name is typically given at initiation, by one's HP/HPS.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:40 am
User Image "The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd."

Craft names... I used to go meet with a group, a Hermetic group. At the iniciation, the masters or "high-leveled" teachers thought of a name during meditation for the people who were to be iniciated.

These "masters" didn't even know me or anything. It doesn't sound right or convincing in any way to me that someone chooses a craft name for someone else who they don't even know.

What do you think of people choosing other people's name through meditation? Is this okay, spiritual, logical or something in some one's point of view? If so, please enlighten me.

"The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before." -Albert EinsteinUser Image

Tifey_Lewis

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:22 pm
Tifey_Lewis
Craft names... I used to go meet with a group, a Hermetic group. At the iniciation, the masters or "high-leveled" teachers thought of a name during meditation for the people who were to be iniciated.

These "masters" didn't even know me or anything. It doesn't sound right or convincing in any way to me that someone chooses a craft name for someone else who they don't even know.

Normally when one is working with a group - initiation doesn't occur until a certain amount of time has past. Usually at this point - those doing the initiation have worked closely with the person being initiated, and should know them pretty well - well enough to be able to bestow an appropriate craft name.

Depending on the path - those doing the initiation have also possibly invoked (a form of channeling/possession) the Gods, and the name is often something that has been given to them during the invocation.

Quote:
What do you think of people choosing other people's name through meditation? Is this okay, spiritual, logical or something in some one's point of view? If so, please enlighten me.

It is fairly common (in some cases traditional) to find one's craft name though a meditation (or a "vision quest" type ritual), especially if one is not in an established group or Tradition that has it's own way of bestowing such names.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:21 pm
My craft name was acquired by numerology. Its a process that is hard for me to explain, but it has to do with the numbers in your birth date and then picking a name with the associated number. Something like that. Well, my name is Katharine Panthea. It means "Pure of the Gods". I love it, and I asked the Goddess Hecate (Greek Goddess of Magic) and she seemed to give me a good feed back on it. I love it... I think thats all that matters, right? heart
Well, Blessed Be!

IIBlack-Embers48II

Spade-Superstition

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 pm
Going to be changing my legal name and craft name soon. Lots of changes and revaluations in life have lead me to kind of find myself. My father is also going to change his last name with me. I'll let you guys know more when I'm finished.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 am
I'm a solitary witch. However I don't feel that I need one. The meanings of my name are good enough for me.

Like my first name means crowned with laurels. (Late-Latin)
My second means reborn or born again. (Latin)
My middle name means pleasure. (Hebrew)

I was named after my mother, great aunt and great grandmother. I feel it would be a dishonour to them if I were to cast that aside in order to do any witchcraft. So I just use the meanings of my name when I do anything.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

this wretched thing

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:19 pm
Wow! To have a history of your Craft name is pretty special, Broken!

I have yet to run through my true name in any meditations or dreams because I tend to go through names like socks. Here's a few:

Carridan
Carridan Marie Bellamy
Juniper Willow Wyk
Corann Enid (Welsh: "wandering druid" and "soul")
Delimare Kriston

But instead of going through them, I'll just let it come to me. Maybe when I find out the name to my Guardian, I'll find my own name then, too.  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff