Full submersion of Baptism! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spazzed_out_Basil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:21 am
christ0liddle
the word baptism means and i quote "Being fully submersed in water as a symbol of God removing all your sins so you can live in the kingdom of heaven."

NO, it comes from the Greek and Latin words: Baptizmo, and Baftisma.....
Baptizmo means to sumbmerse in or under water or a light wash, while Baftisma means to submerse and wash! Wash= pouring... look it up  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:48 pm
Kutsuke
Apostle's Creed:
I believe in God the father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only son our Lord, who was concieved by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin mary, suffered under pauntious pilot, was crucified, died and was buried, he descended into hell, the third day he rose again from the dead, he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge both the living and the dead.

BTW, this hell was not the Hell where sinners are punished for all of eternity, this hell that he creed speaks about is SHEOL (which is grave in hebrew, i'm pretty sure). Sheol was the place of the dead, not of the unworthy. He went there, if he went to heaven, what would have been the point of him being ressurected?  

marysservant

marysservant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:53 pm
Collun
Jesus was baptized and was perfect. He didn't need salvation but he got baptized anyways to set an example for us, because we need it. Without baptism, we have sins on us and are dirty, baptism wipes us clean. Only pure people can enter Heaven. You can't be pure if you have sin on you. Baptism takes away that sin.

Ok, I'm confused, in an earlier post, I am positive you wrote that Jesus would have gone to Hell if it weren't for Baptism, but her, you state that he did not need salvation (he already had it) so, if it was for an example (as you say), you are clearly contradicting yourself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:57 pm
Kali-san
and what if you live in one of those third world countries where they have a limited water supply. Every single one of them could be Christians, but not all of them could be baptized. So, would those last in line for baptism be sent to hell?

Exactly! In the New Testament (i don't remember where, when i find it, i will post it), it says that families were baptized in their homes, now, most people were very poor and didn't have baths or pools, yet, they were baptized, they would have to had been sprinkled by water, or had water poured onto them (finally! back to the subject which this thread was made for!).  

marysservant

marysservant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:02 pm
If what Collun says is true, that "if Christ did it then we should all do it," then, since Christ was not married, then should'nt we all remain Celibate? Collun, you have no biblical basis to base your ridiculous self-contradicting theories, I would advise you to read the Bible and actually THINK, that might do the trick.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:13 pm
Also, Collun says that since sprinkling or pouring won't PHYSICALLY clean you (if you are dirty) then submersion will. Tell me, if you are covered in mud, and you just get "dunked" in a pool, will you be completely clean? Of course not! If what you say would be right Collun, then baptism would consist of being in a bath with soap, scrubbing yourself clean, again, your ideas contradict themselves. Why debate with others Collun, when you clearly debate with yourself?

There is much proof in the bible for sprinkling (or pouring)as a form of baptism.
First of all:
"I will take you from every nation and country and bring you back to your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you and make you clean from (Well, God seemed to think that sprinkling would clean you) all your idols and everything else that has defiled you. I will give you a new heart and a new mind. I will take away your stubborn heart of stone and give you an obedient heart. I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT IN YOU and will see to it that you follow my laws and keep all the commands I have given you. Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God. I will save you from everything that defiles you. I will command the grain to be plentiful, so that you will not have any more famines." - Ezekial 36:24-29 Good News Translation

"Those who have become ritually unclean and do not purify themselves remain unclean, because the water for purification has not been thrown over them. They defile the Lord's Tent and will no longer be considered God's people." - Numbers 19:20 GNT

Feel free to look up these verses in a Protestant bible, may you all find the truth in God's true church, the Roman Catholic Church.  

marysservant

Spazzed_out_Basil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:53 pm
Marysservant that was awesome!!!! I totally believe all that!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:15 pm
marysservant
Kutsuke
Apostle's Creed:
I believe in God the father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only son our Lord, who was concieved by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin mary, suffered under pauntious pilot, was crucified, died and was buried, he descended into hell, the third day he rose again from the dead, he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge both the living and the dead.

BTW, this hell was not the Hell where sinners are punished for all of eternity, this hell that he creed speaks about is SHEOL (which is grave in hebrew, i'm pretty sure). Sheol was the place of the dead, not of the unworthy. He went there, if he went to heaven, what would have been the point of him being ressurected?

If satan lives in hell, and Jesus smoted satan, then Jesus must have gone to hell. I only speak to famusamu about hebrew.  

Kutsuke

marysservant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:43 pm
Kutsuke
marysservant
Kutsuke
Apostle's Creed:

If satan lives in hell, and Jesus smoted satan, then Jesus must have gone to hell. I only speak to famusamu about hebrew.

I'm confused, what exactly do you mean by this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:55 pm
If that hell ment sheol the creed would be

"died, was buried, was buried..."

That's totally not right.

Furthur more, if he "decsended" to sheol, but his tomb was in a hill and not even 6 ft deep.  

Kutsuke

marysservant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:33 pm
Kutsuke

Furthur more, if he "decsended" to sheol, but his tomb was in a hill and not even 6 ft deep.

By grave, I don't mean literal grave, that was just a rough translation for where the dead go. Why would Jesus go to Hell (the place where the wicked are punished) if he was perfect (and not to mention, God)?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:35 pm
Spazzed_out_Basil
Marysservant that was awesome!!!! I totally believe all that!

*highfives* Thanks!  

marysservant

prayergiver999

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:40 am
bump  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:28 pm
Okays.
First of all marysservant, those are Old Testament verses, which, as stated in Hebrews (don't know where), was erased and the new law put in.

Yes I did make a mistake earlier. I corrected it.

The Catholic Church is nowhere near the church described in the New Testament.
It's leaders aren't married, and aren't mentioned in the Bible. They sprinkle and pour which in the New Testament, is not there. Many people "came up out of the water," impossible if your sprinkled and dunked, isn't it? I have more reasons but will hold them.

Well, Christ wasn't married because that would destroy his ability to preach all day, he was God's Son and is God and God isn't married, he couldn't have been married. Why do you do Lint? Should we all starve ourselves for 40 days?

About not having water, that's not true. They all had water, because they were alive. These places were all near rivers and streams and the ocean. And you only need about 10 gallons, if there's a line all will get baptized, because the people can share the water, you don't need to change it every time.  

Collun

elohcin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:52 pm
marysservant
Kutsuke

By grave, I don't mean literal grave, that was just a rough translation for where the dead go. Why would Jesus go to Hell (the place where the wicked are punished) if he was perfect (and not to mention, God)?

Christ took on the sins of the world. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death(hell), but the gift of God is eternal life throught Jesus Christ our Lord."

Christ had all of our sins so he had to die and go to hell. the punishment for sins is hell, and Christ had all of the worlds sins, past present, and future.

Acts 2:31 "He seeing this before spake of the ressurection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."

This verse mentions him being in Hell.
There you go. Here is the verse that tell you he went to hell.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff