Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Quotient Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:36 pm
EladrinStarmist
*sticks foot in her mouth* Personally, I dont' believe in the concept of Good or Evil. They're concepts that are completely human-made and therefore flawed. They're based on perception, nothing concrete. For example, the suicide bomber who destroyed a building and 50 lives may be seen as 'evil' by those dead person's families, however by his or her own people, he or she is seen as a hero and a good person who was trying to prove a point or raise awareness of an issue. There is no good or evil, just as in the past there were no 'good' or 'evil' gods. If we take a look at ALL of them, we can see that there are yes, very scary gods and goddesses, but that yeah, they've got a job to do. Death, destruction, plagues, sickness; they're all tools, not evil in and of themselves because there is no evil. And for that matter, no 'good' either. *keeps foot in her mouth, just in caase*

mrgreen Unless... they aren't. And there is a system of good and bad and people just think they are doing good things because it suits their personal reality, and after they are blown up, they get to the afterlife and some god who is protective of their children is standing there, looking at them and says "You're god wasn't okay with that- and I wasn't okay with you doing that to my followers- so, as you committed an evil act, I'm going to punish you."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:11 pm
Whereas I like a more (attributed to but personally unsure that it really is) Shinto concept that evil is simply a failure of the universe's attempt to evolve. That doesn't mean that you don't make amends and you don't try to fix the bad stuff and you don't kick the butts of people who do such things deliberately. But it does mean that bad things happen for a good reason.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

[.dances.with.bunnies.]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:55 pm
Deoridhe
One of the pagans I respect most has a popular bird for her first name, a tree for her last name, and has the bird as one of her animal guides

xD I pictured "Hummingbird Ficus" (spelling?)  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff