Army List Review Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xenephale Fairfeather

Devoted Defender

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:54 am
I suppose I could part with a power stone in favor of giving all the slaves slings. I see that as a worthy cause.

I also realized if I find room to shave 50 points, I could, if I felt like being terribly silly, take out Thanquol and Boneripper and occasionally play with a Verminlord. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:40 pm
Only bad thing with Verminlords is that they suck at about everything when you concider their points cost, they most likely won't survive long being large target, crappy T, crappy save, crappy wounds etc, but they're fun (and not to forget fast, M8 = <3).  

Shinobi_8745

Xenephale Fairfeather

Devoted Defender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:02 am
Hence why I said "if I felt like being terribly silly." xD

New list setup as it stands now.

2250 Skaven List - Untested

Lord slot
Grey Seer Thanquol and Boneripper - 450

Hero slots
Warlock Engineer - 140
Level 2 Wizard upgrade
Warp-Energy Condenser
Power Stone

Warlock Engineer - 150
Level 2 Wizard upgrade
Doomrocket
Power Stone

Warlock Engineer - 85
Level 1 Wizard upgrade
Portents of Verminous Doom

Possible use of Tretch Craventail (145) in lieu of an Engineer.

Core slots

Clanrats x 25 - 194.5
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Attached Warpfire Thrower

Clanrats x 25 - 189.5
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Attached Poisoned Wind Mortar

Clanrats x 25 - 189.5
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Attached Poisoned Wind Mortar

Skavenslaves x 20 - 52
Slings
Musician

Skavenslaves x 20 - 52
Slings
Musician

Skavenslaves x 20 - 52
Slings
Musician

Stormvermin x 20 - 258
Musician
Standard Bearer
Shroud of Dripping Death
Fangleader
Warplock Pistol
Attached Doom-Flayer

Special
Warplock Jezzail Team x 9 - 190
Sharpshooter Team

Rare
Doomwheel - 150

Warp Lightning Cannon - 90  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:50 pm
Hello all! I'm participating in a Warhammer Doubles Tournament soon and I wanted to know what people thought of my list. 1000 points per person, I'm using Dwarfs, my teammate is using Dark Elves. Here goes:

Heroes

Thane
-great weapon, shield, Rune of Brotherhood(so he can join Miners), Master Rune of Kragg the Grimm(keeps great weapon ability), Rune of Snorri Spangelheim(+1 to hit), and a Rune of Stone(+1 armor save)

RuneSmith
-shield, Rune of SpellBreaking(dispel scroll)

Core

10 Thunderers

10 Thunderers

Special

14 Miners
-full command

Bolt Thrower
-Engineer, Rune of Penetrating(+1 Str.), Flakkson's Rune of Seeking(+1 to hit targets with Fly rule), and Rune of Burning(flaming attacks)

6 Miners
-Prospector and Musician

Rare

Organ Gun

I don't have my ally's complete list but it goes something along the lines of: Spearmen, Dark Riders, 2 Cold One chariots, Cold One riders, and a Hydra. The idea was I bring the shooty and he brings the combat which I back up with the units of Miners. We played a practice game against a Lizardmen/Wood Elves team and we massacred them. They had lots of Skirmishers and flyers but couldn't monopolize on their movement cause they were afraid of my shooting. My Burning Bolt Thrower alone caused their Treeman to hide in the woods for the entire battle, it's only kill being the Dark Riders.

The only thing I may change is swapping out the small unit of Miners for a small unit of IronBreakers. I'll try this in our next practice game against Orcs and Goblins/Ogres. Any thoughts?  

Lord Thuddleton

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:49 am
Its odd, i thought there were rules with Doubles Tournaments in which armies could be matched and Dark Elves and Dwarfs couldn't go together.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:37 am
Hmm, why dont combine the miners into single 20 strong unit - most armies hate such strong infantry unit - backed up with lord , no less - to rampage in their deployment zone.  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm
Personally i'd get rid of the Runesmith and replace him with another unit of Infantry. Unless your friend brings enough with him in the 1000 points then you're likely to get bogged down.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:28 pm
I'm up for a tournament and I'll be throwing up some variants of army lists that I might use here, c&c and all kinds of help is more than welcome since I'm usually the casual player, but now since 2 tickets to Scotland is the 1st price I kind of want that 1st place... So I don't really know if this list would be any good to be honest.

Here it goes.

Plague monk, flail, foul pendant, furnace - 284

Plague monk, lv2, flail, dispel scroll, furnace - 314

Chieftain, battle standard bearer, shield - 72

Warlock Engineer, lv 1 condencer, doomrocket - 115

21 slaves, musician - 44
21 slaves, musician - 44

24 clanrats, shields, standard bearer, musician - 120
24 clanrats, shields, standard bearer, musician - 120
2 Warpfire Throwers - 140

30 plague monks, musician, standard bearer, storm banner - 275
30 plague monks, musician, standard bearer - 225
6 plague cencer bearers - 96

Doomwheel - 150
Hellpit Abomination, warp spikes - 250

Pretty much a two towers list with 2 big unbreakable units with some good support, not the usual lists I play containing 7+ 25 man strong units I field.  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 am
New list since the tournament changed into a comp system one with a minimum of 10 (WPS comp), so I re-made the list.

Here it goes.

Grey seer, screaming bell, shadow magnet trinket, skalm, rat hound bodyguard - 505

Plague monk, flail, foul pendant, furnace - 284

Chieftain, battle standard bearer, shield - 72

Warlock Engineer, doomrocket - 45

21 slaves, musician - 44
21 slaves, musician - 44

25 clanrats, shields, standard bearer, musician - 124,5
25 clanrats, shields, standard bearer, musician - 124,5

30 stormvermin, full command, storm banner - 315
1 warpfire thrower - 70

31 plague monks, full command, banner of verminious scurrying - 252
7 plague cencer bearers - 112

6 gutter runners, poisoned attacks, slings - 108

Doomwheel - 150

Comp: 11

I can drop the gutter runners (and the 31st plague monk) to gain points for either another unit, more weapon teams or something similar, might get the portents of verminious doom on my bsb or something else, with the portents stuff I'd get about comp 10 I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:14 pm
Basicly my starting army composed of the Lizardmen box force and a skink chief.

Lizardmen List - 998 Points

Heroes: 200

Saurus Scar Veteran
Light Armour, Shield, Cold One Mount, sword of Might

Skink Chief
Shield, Biting Blade

Core: 358

Saurus Warriors
20 Saurus, Champ/Music/Standard,Spears

Skink Skirmishers
11 Skinks, javelins & Shields

Special: 440

Temple Guard
10 Temple Guard, Guardian/Music/Standard

Cold One Cavalry
7 Cold One cavalry, Music/Standard

My basic plan of expansion is to eventually have an army based around large units of saurus and cold one cavalry with a slann mage.  

Rocking Reaper

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:14 pm
This place really is getting quiet if the last post on this thread was about 6 months ago. Anyway, with the release of the new Skaven goodies, I decided to write out a 2000 point army list. It doesn't use a lot of the new models, but I was bored and chose the things I wanted to field. This might become a tournament army, but I'm not sure yet.

Lords

Warlord Skeet Poisontail 143 points
Shield, Warpforged Blade

Heroes

Cheiftain Ket Spinebone 55 points
Halberd, Tail Weapon

Plague Priest Amenk Fumefather 221 points
Level 2 Wizard, Plague Censer, Great Pox Rat, Warp Scroll, Rat Hound Bodyguard

Core

Stormvermin 390 points
39 Stormvermin, Shields, Full Command, Standard Bearer carries the Storm Banner, Fangleader carries a Warplock Pistol

Clanrats 275 points
40 Clanrats, Spears, Shields, Full Command. Ratling Gun weapon team

Clanrats 225 points
30 Clanrats, Shields, Full Command, Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team

Skavenslaves 81 points
30 Skavenslaves, Shields, Musician, Paw Leader

Special

Plague Monks 235 points
30 Plague Monks, Full Command

Plague Censor Bearers 173 points
10 Plague Censor Bearers, 1 censor Bearer is a Plague Chanter

Rare Units

Plagueclaw Catapult 100 points

Plagueclaw Catapult 100 points

Total = 1998 points

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:48 am
Nice list Dantes Sila, but being that I use my skaven army most common I do have some words I'd like to say. Such as I have no idea where Mr.Fumefather is going, but I suggest knocking him down a few points, sorry but Plague priests die easily, even with toughness 5 no matter what unit you put him in (Or on) unless you have a plan for decisive victory point snatching.

Stormvermin should also get knocked down a couple of points, like reduce their numbers to thirty. They are a worthy unit, and may well be a target for the enemy indeed. But if you keep them hidden and get close to the enemy, they're only going to need to be in a unit of thirty (Unless they're fighting heavy armed elites like chaos or dwarves directly). Yes you're probably going to use them in a horde, but that would just make them more tempted to get attention and more likely to hit by war machines, nevermind if the unit actually flees and is destroyed (Adding them with the leader, you'll have lost a quarter of your army, hefty for skaven)

Also if you're planning to form the hand weapon clanrats into a horde, I wouldn't unless you plan to add an extra ten. Yes they would be delivering all their attacks, but would've lost a valuable rank (Skaven do rely upon those after all)

And to suggest take out the paw leader atleast for your slaves, they're meant to die, not deliver impact and even for skaven you don't want them to get even 4pts (You'd be surprised how just a couple of points make a difference to the result of the game and go elsewhere in your army)

Same story for Plague monks don't form them in a horde unless you plan to add an extra ten models. Also to suggest, don't get the Plague censor bearers to charge headlong into ranked up formations (I've done it plenty of times... never works), use them as support units in the same combat or pick on small units.

As for the war machines I'd exchange one for something like a warp lightening cannon. Having one plagueclaw catapult is brilliant, but if you have two and they have no juicy targets, then you've spent 200pts for naught. They only have str2 after all, meaning you'd have to wounding things like Chaos warriors and ogres on 6s, that's if you manage to hit them and what if you get faced by something like a giant. You're armies well-equipped to take down dragons, but it won't have enough to have other things like that. It's why you should invest in something like a warp-lightening cannon or work it a bit to fit the Plague priest on a Plague furnace.

Overall you're army is really good and will probably do well without my advice, just that I do use one like it myself alot (And yes I do good with it myself), but I thought the experience of it should be shared with another like-minded to save the trouble.  

Thy_obsessive_freak

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:57 pm
Well for my Plague Priest, I intend to turn him into a character killer, and lurk around the battlefield moving in and out of the place while striking out. Along with his magic he can be rather deadly.

As for Horde units, If I had intended to use the hordes rull I would have put the unit size up to the minimum amount, but as this is going to be used as a tournament army then points are restricted and I've gone to the limit.

My Plague Censor bearers, Plague Monks, Skavenslaves and the Plagueklaw Catapult are all going to be working together. Skavenslaves go out to fight and take up the key units. A unit of Chaos Knights or Chosen, get tied up by Skavenslaves and I can launch into the fight with my catapults and censor bearers will come in and mop up whats left. The plagueklaw will always have juicy targets no matter what the action.

As for my Stormvermin and Skeet Poisontail, well they are protected by the Storm Banner magic item which makes life a no fly zone around the battlefield and protects the Stormvermin and my Warlord from magic missiles to an extent. Now admittedly the Storm Banner requires luck to continue, but its worth it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:14 pm
Alright I can kind of agree with what you're saying, but using a Plague priest to character kill isn't ideal, once you try, he only has Initiative 5, other characters will have some like that if not higher (Chaos heroes for example have 6, crazy I tell you), let alone the impact with only weapon skill 5, the only character killed between a duel would be the plague priest, with his toughness five being the only thing to save him. You're better off exchanging him with an assassin if you're worried about enemy characters, they're expensive, but they do the job (Ask my one) and then maybe trade in the chieftain so you have enough points to buy a warplock engineer to do the magic for you?

This is where I suggest you just take points out of other places like decreasing your stormvermin or taking away the slaves, because if you do go horde with the 30 clan rats, they're going to be one rank shy, losing out a combat rez to melee and a leadership point.

I don't think a unit of skaven slaves up against chaos warriors and knights will last long, fast cavalry maybe (If they're lucky), we're talking about slaves after all, I've experienced incidents with Bretonnian realm knights crashing into units of 40 skaven and wiping them aside without noticing that was one of my large units as they went pass. You have to take into account how a unit will last under combat resolution situations, it is what stops fightings being to the last tail and the issue with skaven.

Not arguing about the storm banner, should always take it when you can and it's funny to see the faces of archery armies when you use it and saves you from dragons. But I'm saying you might be better to reduce the stormvermin to thirty to make them less point hogging from your army list to be spent elsewhere.

Sorry I'm not trying to argue here, just that I can't resist giving an opinion when I see an oppertunity  

Thy_obsessive_freak

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:20 pm
Thats fair enough, but really all I'm loosing with taking my unit from 39 to 30 models is 60 to 70 points. Kinda seems weird to when you think about it. Yeah I could use them to add a Warlock Engineer, but for magic I might aswell stick with my Plague Priest. His magic and movement will be key to my strategies.

The Skavenslaves wont get wiped out straight away, as long as they can hold a unit for 2 turns then it will help me. I can hold them up and chuck the sludge around, or move my Plague Priest to sweep in and cast spells. You take a Plague Priest and, by luck generates Bless with Filth. Cast it on the slaves, they get poisoned attacks and are looking all the more deadly. Generate Plague, toughness test required and suffer a wound, Cloud of Corruption, S5 hit on a unit if a 2+ is rolled. Even Vermintide can be a deadly weapon, 3D6 hits on a unit. Even armed with a Censor Bearer, with a toughness test there is a wound right off the bat if lucky.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to playtest the army so I can give a better account there and then, but in the mean time I'm working on tactics.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff