Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:33 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkar, 10 of ANY rank and file on foot unit is never enough, unless it's ogres. They will always be at a 2-to-5 loss to begin with if facing another rank-and-file unit. You should have at least 15, preferably 20. That will give you a decent unit.

10 Models can be panicked in 3 casualties, lose their rank bonus after 2 (1 in new rules) casualties, and even with their special rules, 16 attacks won't win it. 16 attacks translates to about 11 to 10 hits. 5-to-6 wounds. With their 4+ Save on their Swordsmen, only 2-to-3 wounds caused. Assuming you entered without any casualties and did best case scenario, you still tied. 15 Models would at least give a second rank, and give the need for 4 casualties to panic, or 8 to give you no rank bonus'.

Where'd you get a 4+ armor save?

Light armor and a shield is a 5+.

It's not my fault eternal guard cost 50 bucks or whatever. 10's always enough for me, but I don't play Wood Elves. My guys are much more durable than Wood Elves.

As I said, I have pretty much no clue how Wood Elves work.

Swordsmen have Lightarmor, Shield, and Hand Weapon. That = 4+ CC save.

Black Orcs are the same, I believe. $45 each box, at least, maybe $50.

Hand weapons give +1 to armor saves?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:39 pm
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkar, 10 of ANY rank and file on foot unit is never enough, unless it's ogres. They will always be at a 2-to-5 loss to begin with if facing another rank-and-file unit. You should have at least 15, preferably 20. That will give you a decent unit.

10 Models can be panicked in 3 casualties, lose their rank bonus after 2 (1 in new rules) casualties, and even with their special rules, 16 attacks won't win it. 16 attacks translates to about 11 to 10 hits. 5-to-6 wounds. With their 4+ Save on their Swordsmen, only 2-to-3 wounds caused. Assuming you entered without any casualties and did best case scenario, you still tied. 15 Models would at least give a second rank, and give the need for 4 casualties to panic, or 8 to give you no rank bonus'.

It's not my fault eternal guard cost 50 bucks or whatever. 10's always enough for me, but I don't play Wood Elves. My guys are much more durable than Wood Elves.

Only when engaged in close combat. It's the parry bonus.  

Daicon

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:54 pm
Daicon
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Never heard of that one before...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:52 am
Lethkhar
Daicon
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal

It's why Chosen on foot are beasts. 4+ save from Chaos Armor, 3+ after the shield, and a 2+ save in HtH for them. Well, correction, it's ONE of the reasons. XP

Magic Weapons also cannot be combined with that rule, and Calvary cannot use it either.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:14 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daicon
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal

It's why Chosen on foot are beasts. 4+ save from Chaos Armor, 3+ after the shield, and a 2+ save in HtH for them. Well, correction, it's ONE of the reasons. XP

Magic Weapons also cannot be combined with that rule, and Calvary cannot use it either.

Hrm...

Will two hand weapons give +2 to armor?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:50 pm
As far as it stands now, two hand weapons only give you an extra attack in close combat. This means your armor save is completely dependant on whatever armor it is you happen to be wearing.

However, I've heard some speculation that the new rules may change this so that two hand weapons also gives you a parry bonus in close combat. *Shrugs*

Daicon

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:44 pm
Daicon
As far as it stands now, two hand weapons only give you an extra attack in close combat. This means your armor save is completely dependant on whatever armor it is you happen to be wearing.

However, I've heard some speculation that the new rules may change this so that two hand weapons also gives you a parry bonus in close combat. *Shrugs*

So wait...If you have two hand weapons you don't get ANY parry bonus?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:02 pm
Lethkhar
Daicon

Unless your Vesperro's Vendetta duelists, then no.

I believe you're thinking of the Iron Fists "Used as a Shield and Hand Weapon" rule.

But otherwise, for example, Chosen Knights of Khorne with 2 Hand Weapons have only a 4+ Save each.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:24 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daicon

I believe you're thinking of the Iron Fists "Used as a Shield and Hand Weapon" rule.

But otherwise, for example, Chosen Knights of Khorne with 2 Hand Weapons have only a 4+ Save each.

That's stupid.

So one hand weapon adds to their armor but two don't add anything? Not even +1?

Hell, why even bother with an extra hand weapon. It's more points and it only gives them one extra attack. A shield (with the single) hand weapon gives them +2 armor!

Dammit...After putting together an painting all those guys with two hand weapons...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:13 am
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daicon

That's stupid.

Hell, why even bother with an extra hand weapon. It's more points and it only gives them one extra attack. A shield (with the single) hand weapon gives them +2 armor!

Dammit...After putting together an painting all those guys with two hand weapons...
Well everyone knows that whevever you weild two axes or whatever, you auto have a armour(joking). If you want parry's, go play hiem  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:52 am
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daicon

That's stupid.

Stupid?

Yes, because Night Goblins having a 5+ save in combat, 6 to shooting is SO dumb. rolleyes

It's so you can have an army without Full Plate/Chaos armor, and still actually save the occassional hit.

The requirements are it MUST be a single, one handed, Mundane Hand weapon, and a Single, Mundane Shield, and you must be on foot. It limits it to only a few models (Orcs Don't get Parry, because Choppas are too 'clumsy' to parry with).  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:45 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daicon

That's stupid.

Stupid?

Yes, because Night Goblins having a 5+ save in combat, 6 to shooting is SO dumb. rolleyes

It's so you can have an army without Full Plate/Chaos armor, and still actually save the occassional hit.

The requirements are it MUST be a single, one handed, Mundane Hand weapon, and a Single, Mundane Shield, and you must be on foot. It limits it to only a few models (Orcs Don't get Parry, because Choppas are too 'clumsy' to parry with).

Why can't you parry with two hand weapons?

My options are between a +2 armor save in combat or +1 attack. I'm going to go with the armor save. To do anything else would be foolish.

And don't Night Goblins have spears?  

Lethkhar

Reddemon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:43 pm
Along with thinking of going Lizardmen, I'm thinking of maybe doing a Wood elf army instead. Should I go elf? Or bark?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:34 am
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daicon

That's stupid.

Stupid?

Why can't you parry with two hand weapons?

My options are between a +2 armor save in combat or +1 attack. I'm going to go with the armor save. To do anything else would be foolish.

And don't Night Goblins have spears?

Because With a shield you're suppossed to assume the fighter 'bats' aside the blow, then attacks back. With 2 hand weapons, you assume they're more interested in raining a flurry of blows on the enemy in an attempt to kill them fast.

Plus the fact that Khorne Warriors frenzy, so they already have 2 attacks base...

No, Night and Basic Goblins have shields and Hand Weapons only, at 2 points (Though I have heard the cost is raising to 3 in the new rules)  

Drachyench

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:20 am
Reddemon
Along with thinking of going Lizardmen, I'm thinking of maybe doing a Wood elf army instead. Should I go elf? Or bark?

Mix it up, use both the tree spirits, and elves.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff