Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Craigalump

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:34 pm
TeaDidikai
Craigamus
TeaDidikai
Craigamus

Have you found a source for the closed culture?
It's in the Book of Invasions. We're still waiting on the chapter and verse English translation.

So. What have you been looking into as far as the Gall are concerned?

Which book of invasions is it in?
It's after the Victory of the Sons of Mil.

What's your impression of the tricephalic depictions of your god?

I have never seen the tricephalic depictions. Where have you seen them?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:56 pm
Craigamus
I saw one on display when I was living in Paris.  

TeaDidikai

Craigalump

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 pm
TeaDidikai
Craigamus

This is very interesting. I will have to look into this more. I did find something called bicephalic but not tricephalic.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:03 pm
Craigamus
TeaDidikai
Craigamus

This is very interesting. I will have to look into this more. I did find something called bicephalic but not tricephalic.
Difference between having two faces and three.  

TeaDidikai

Craigalump

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Craigamus
TeaDidikai
Craigamus

Difference between having two faces and three.

Oh i know what it means. Im excited to learn more about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 pm
Hey if Gaelic is closed. Does that mean Ogam can not be practiced by anyone but them?  

Craigalump

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:43 pm
Craigamus
Hey if Gaelic is closed. Does that mean Ogam can not be practiced by anyone but them?
Ethically, that would be correct.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:24 pm
Dian Cecht is said to be a deity but in the invasion of Sons of Mil it looks as if he is a person who is fighting other people. It seems to me that he is more of an ancestor than a deity. So if Gaelic is closed then that is just for their deities. The Tuatha De Danann is recored as a family of healer deities. I am just so confused if the Tuatha De Danann are part of the closed culture.  

Craigalump

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:26 pm
Craigamus
Dian Cecht is said to be a deity but in the invasion of Sons of Mil it looks as if he is a person who is fighting other people. It seems to me that he is more of an ancestor than a deity. So if Gaelic is closed then that is just for their deities. The Tuatha De Danann is recored as a family of healer deities. I am just so confused if the Tuatha De Danann are part of the closed culture.
What about it is confusing you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Craigamus
What about it is confusing you?

I have read the Tuatha De Dannan are gods. In the invasion of sons of Mil the Tuatha De Dannan seem to more like people fighting other people.

If the Gael culture is closed then would they be a part of the closed culture? I always thought the closed culture meant you could not worship the deities of that culture. So if they may not be deities and may just be other people who are looked on for their healing abilities and famous battles then how do you know what is closed and not closed?  

Craigalump

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:56 pm
Craigamus

I have read the Tuatha De Dannan are gods. In the invasion of sons of Mil the Tuatha De Dannan seem to more like people fighting other people.
Why do you think it wouldn't be possible for humans to fight deities?
Quote:

If the Gael culture is closed then would they be a part of the closed culture?
The oaths between the two peoples are what closed the tradition.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:06 pm
TeaDidikai
Craigamus

Why do you think it wouldn't be possible for humans to fight deities?
Quote:

If the Gael culture is closed then would they be a part of the closed culture?
The oaths between the two peoples are what closed the tradition.

I do not think humans can not fight deities. I am just surprised the Tuatha De Dannan lost. It is like the humans triumphed over the gods.

I do not want to sound like I am disputing at all. I am just a bit torn because I have a lot of family history in the regions of the Celts. A very long family history.  

Craigalump

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:10 pm
Craigamus

I do not think humans can not fight deities. I am just surprised the Tuatha De Dannan lost. It is like the humans triumphed over the gods.
If I recall correctly, there were some Turncoats involved.

Quote:
I do not want to sound like I am disputing at all.
Dispute all you like. As long as you're reasonable and are examining what is said, rather than plugging your ears and running away- I got no problem.

Quote:
I am just a bit torn because I have a lot of family history in the regions of the Celts. A very long family history.

Serious question time:
Why does that matter? I mean, yeah- knowing where you come from is important. But the Celts are a living culture. Trace your ancestry back far enough and you'll find a Very Long Family History in Africa. wink

You're not delving into African culture- you're not delving into French culture.

Why disregard your culture in favor of anachronism?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:19 pm
TeaDidikai
Craigamus

If I recall correctly, there were some Turncoats involved.

Quote:
I do not want to sound like I am disputing at all.
Dispute all you like. As long as you're reasonable and are examining what is said, rather than plugging your ears and running away- I got no problem.

Quote:
I am just a bit torn because I have a lot of family history in the regions of the Celts. A very long family history.

Serious question time:
Why does that matter? I mean, yeah- knowing where you come from is important. But the Celts are a living culture. Trace your ancestry back far enough and you'll find a Very Long Family History in Africa. wink

You're not delving into African culture- you're not delving into French culture.

Why disregard your culture in favor of anachronism?

What culture do I have? I don't understand. I am part of a melting pot country that was majority christian. There are so many cultures here it hurts my head.  

Craigalump

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games