Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:09 pm
Geal Faolchu
So don't say crap like that when you don't know me at all.

I don't need to know you.

Geal Faolchu
I was just saying something simple about me and how I came to know paganism. Besides, my sister is not Wiccan, she's Pagan.

Then she cannot have taught you anything about Wicca and talking to her about Wicca would make as much sense as talking to a four year old about the intricacies of TCP/IP.
My original point stands

Geal Faolchu
I have a right to say what I want.

No, actually, you don't.
No law accords you that right. No law protects that right.

I should point out, to the forum at large, that I believe this person to be a troll.
Beginning with their name, I think they're a troll out to get a reaction from either myself or Scorplett. I'm more inclined to think Scorplett given the "Wicca" angle.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:09 pm
CuAnnan
Geal Faolchu
So don't say crap like that when you don't know me at all.

I don't need to know you.

Geal Faolchu
I was just saying something simple about me and how I came to know paganism. Besides, my sister is not Wiccan, she's Pagan.

Then she cannot have taught you anything about Wicca and talking to her about Wicca would make as much sense as talking to a four year old about the intricacies of TCP/IP.
My original point stands

Geal Faolchu
I have a right to say what I want.

No, actually, you don't.
No law accords you that right. No law protects that right.

I should point out, to the forum at large, that I believe this person to be a troll.
Beginning with their name, I think they're a troll out to get a reaction from either myself or Scorplett. I'm more inclined to think Scorplett given the "Wicca" angle.

Then why are you even complaining about anything I say, I don't care what a law says. I can say whatever the hell I want as well as anyone else in this world. Take it or leave it, but from here on out I'm just going to stop arguing with you over personal experience that I've had that you know absolutely nothing about. Besides, why say all this crap to someone you have never met when you don't even care yourself? I don't care if you actually answer any of my questions, I just want you to stop bugging me about stuff you have no idea about. So, Bye.

Crowley Gabriel

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:11 am
Geal Faolchu

What are you talking about? She taught me little stuff over the years, but just some basics and gave me advice on what books to read and such. So don't say crap like that when you don't know me at all. I was just saying something simple about me and how I came to know paganism. Besides, my sister is not Wiccan, she's Pagan. Never judge a book by its cover and don't tell me what I can and can't say.

Then why do you say in your profile that you've been practicing wicca for a few months now?

Geal Faolchu
Hello, my name is Geal Faolchu. I am 20 years old and have been practicing wicca for a few months. I have been reading about it off and on for the past 10 years of my life. I first got interested in the craft when I was in middle school, I was learning about the Salem Witch Trials and wanted to further my education about Witches. They just seemed to facinate me more and more as I grew my intelligence. Currently I am reading a few books by three of my favorite authors. Silver Ravenwolf, Kate West and Laurie Cabot. Hopefully I can learn more by meeting new people and getting helpful advice on how to further my education and mind to the craft.

Quote:
I have a right to say what I want. I don't care if it's offensive in any way. People can just deal with it or leave me the hell alone.

Then I really don't think this guild is going to be a good fit for you, willfully ignorant as you are.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 am
Geal Faolchu
Then why are you even complaining about anything I say,
Re-read what this guild is about.

You're saying stuff that is false. This guild has rules and standards- ones you need to follow, or leave.

Quote:
I don't care what a law says.
Don't lie. You are likely very grateful that you cannot be raped or murdered.

Quote:
I can say whatever the hell I want as well as anyone else in this world.
You're not entitled.

This is my advice to you. Grow up and learn to take responsibility for your actions and words. You perpetuate lies, you will be called out on it. You perpetuate misinformation, you will be corrected. These corrections are not personal attacks- but since people abuse ignorance in order to take advantage of others, and many have a moral obligation to stop such from happening, your perpetuation of ignorance will call people to demonstrate why your position is wrong.

Quote:
Take it or leave it, but from here on out I'm just going to stop arguing with you over personal experience that I've had that you know absolutely nothing about.
Unless you were ritually flogged and sexually touched by your HP, you're not a member of the cult. Which is fine. There are other religions that don't have gods who beat the objects of their affection in order to teach them a lesson.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:38 am
Geal Faolchu
Then why are you even complaining about anything I say

I was trying, wolf brightness, to impress upon you how ignorant you are.

Geal Faolchu
Take it or leave it, but from here on out I'm just going to stop arguing with you over personal experience that I've had that you know absolutely nothing about.

Doesn't matter what personal experience you've had.
Unless it involves initiation into a lineage coven, no experience you've had allowed you to talk about Wicca in any more than a "What do you know about Wicca because I know absolutely ******** all" manner. That goes for your sister.
You cannot have been talking about Wicca because neither of you can know anything about it.

Geal Faolchu
Besides, why say all this crap to someone you have never met when you don't even care yourself?

Intellectual integrity.
Honesty.
Rehabilitating fluffies (by the way, you're either a fluffy or a troll, my money's still on troll)

Geal Faolchu
I just want you to stop bugging me about stuff you have no idea about.

I have worked with two lineaged Wiccan covens, been declared "Proper Person" by both and decided, on both occasions, that it was not the right time for me to become embroiled in Wicca.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:00 am
Um, hey all, I'm Waya, and I'm 19
A friend got me into 'wicca' about three years ago and at the time I thought I was a wiccan, but very quickly learned that silver ravenwolf is full of BS
>.<

I was a MAJOR idiot- but that's why I'm here

I have a lot of different beliefs- I believe in deities of nature primarily, and that the whole earth is alive and speaks to us, and in spirit guides/animal totems. I'd like to say my beliefs reflect native american teachings, but I don't know half as much as I should to claim that. I want to learn more about native american and shamanic beliefs, though, along with all types of paganism and what's true and false xd I hope you can put up with me being a bit of an uneducated annoyance to begin with  

insertmulesnamehereplease

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:21 am
The Ghost Of Waya
A friend got me into 'wicca' about three years ago and at the time I thought I was a wiccan, but very quickly learned that silver ravenwolf is full of BS
>.<

I have a lot of different beliefs- I believe in deities of nature primarily, and that the whole earth is alive and speaks to us, and in spirit guides/animal totems. I'd like to say my beliefs reflect native american teachings, but I don't know half as much as I should to claim that. I want to learn more about native american and shamanic beliefs, though, along with all types of paganism and what's true and false xd I hope you can put up with me being a bit of an uneducated annoyance to begin with
Which tribe since native American religions are in no way unified. Next I'd be careful using the term shamanism around here because shaman refers to a specific religious tradition, but is unfortunately used anthropologically to describe "folk or tribal religions". I might be wrong on how it is misapplied as an anthropological descriptor to be honest though. I'm sure someone here will correct me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:35 am
The Ghost Of Waya
>.<

No. There is a difference between idiocy and ignorance.
You were ignorant but didn't know and now you're ignorant and seeking to remedy it. That's the first step to wisdom.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:46 am
rmcdra
The Ghost Of Waya
>.<

Which tribe since native American religions are in no way unified. Next I'd be careful using the term shamanism around here because shaman refers to a specific religious tradition, but is unfortunately used anthropologically to describe "folk or tribal religions". I might be wrong on how it is misapplied as an anthropological descriptor to be honest though. I'm sure someone here will correct me.

tribe wise, i'm not sure xD there's so many, and I only know a few skeleton beliefs, hence why I need to do a lot more research, and I know it'll be a big committment to put in the hours of learning neccessary, but i feel that broadening my knowledge is worth it biggrin

I should probably explain what I meant when I said shamanism- I spent a lot of time in africa with my uncle when he was alive, and he liased with various small villages, which each boast a wise woman or man who was considered a shaman. these are people with healing powers, the ability to communicate more clearly with animals and the earth, and some influence over animals. They are also guardians and protectors of the village.
There was one lady everyone just called 'the hyena woman' and I was actually lucky enough to witness her moving amongst a gang of them to salvage horns and bone from a Kudu carcass, and she wasn't harmed. I still don't know how to explain it.
They can move between several astral plains, supposedly, and see aspects of people which may be hidden to the person themselves.

there are much wilder myths, such as being able to inhabit the body of a lion or hyena with their own spirit, but i won't go too deeply into those.

So yeah, deepest apologies if that's something completely different, I meant no offence, it's just something my uncle called them 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:17 pm
What part of Africa?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:55 pm
Welcome to the guild, Waya! I hope this guild helps you on your path. surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:16 am
CuAnnan
What part of Africa?

we spent some time in a remote area of kenya, we went all the way from wajir to gurar, and then went further northeast to visit the malka mari national park.

I couldn't tell you exactly where they were XD we don't have many road signs in africa.

We spent a lot of time in Tsavo too smile which is a pretty famous place, and that's where I met the hyena woman ^_^

does that help CuAnn?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:29 am
The Ghost Of Waya
we spent some time in a remote area of kenya, we went all the way from wajir to gurar, and then went further northeast to visit the malka mari national park.

Awesome sauce

The Ghost Of Waya
We spent a lot of time in Tsavo too smile which is a pretty famous place, and that's where I met the hyena woman ^_^

does that help CuAnn?

Absolutely.
New information on who sees what animal as what is always welcome. The only information I had on the hyena was from Egyptian cosmology.

I know how amazing getting to see the practices of other peoples can be on an impressionable and young mind. I've seen Dreamtime among the Koiri people in Australia. That was awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:10 pm
Hello, I am new to this guild, but I have been studying Paganism for ten years or so. I consider myself to be very ecclectic.  

Shadow Queen79

FinalFantasy22222

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:52 am
Hello, I am new to the PFRC, Thank You for allowing me to join this guild to learn more about pagan ways.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games