Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miniunfortunado

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:37 pm
unopend
Kajinra
I have one. In the sixth book, Dumbledor says that they couldn't keep a DADA teacher for more then a year since he refused to give the spot to Lord Voldemort. But in the first book, (pgs 70-71) Hagrid was talking about Professor Quirrell and he said, "...He was fine while he was studyin' outta books but then HE TOOK A YEAR OFF ter get some first-hand experience... (I added the caps) How could he take a year off if he only worked there for one year?

i noticed that too! i think about it all the time ... because thats important to the plot too.
but then again, Quirrel was a voldemort servent...so mabye he didn't count...because it was voldemort who cursed the job..
*ponders*

he left for a sabbatical--i've read somewhere else--no clue where though--that it only counts if they teach consecutive years.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:39 pm
[Dreams.of.Sweets]
~Randomnality~
J.K. can't always be perfect. Post the mistakes that you know about and or found out.

Here's a couple:

Every year, students board the Hogwarts Express on September 1, and the next day when their classes start, it's always a Monday. How can September 2 be a Monday EVERY year?

In book one, it says that Percy had a silver prefects' badge. In book five, it says that the prefects' badges are scarlet and gold.

Do you have any?

I don't really mind those type of mistakes. She does have a few typos though but less than you'd expect from one with kids and alot of things to do. What bothers me is the differences between the books and movies like how harry's scar moves and his eyes go from green to blue, and his hair from black to brown. Other than that though, everything is all peachy with me. ^^

yeah, but those are the movies, not the books, and Rowling doesn't direct those......I know, it really bugs me too.  

miniunfortunado

miniunfortunado

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:42 pm
Have you noticed that some spells change? Impedimenta for example. it used to freeze you, now it blasts you off your feet. and Expelliarmus has changed a bit too.....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:12 pm
miniunfortunado
Have you noticed that some spells change? Impedimenta for example. it used to freeze you, now it blasts you off your feet. and Expelliarmus has changed a bit too.....

Yeah you're right and like in the third year when Snape casts expelliarmus it knocks the wand out of Sirius' hand yet when Harry casts it Snape is knocked off of his feet and knocked out.  

Vanestra

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces