Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Quotient Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:03 pm
I got a respectable 38. The hubby scored 37.

My craft name does incorporate an animal, and I do have 'trendy' animal guide, as well as a viable less trendy one. My hubby has 2 definately untrendy guides; a moo-cow and a housecat. ^^ He was all sorts of thrilled when he discovered that out. We've got loads of books around the house, which helps a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:23 pm
Even with my additions I scored a -59. mrgreen

crying Nooooo... Deo's going to Iggy me!!!!! mrgreen  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:36 pm
I'm not sure what time frame to calculate this on. My base score is 21, but that's not counting all the +1s I get for asking questions about other religions. I only own one--well, I own two pagan books. One is fairly good quality, which is why I bought it. The other I bought so I could laugh at it, because it's total New Age crystal BS. Since I spend my money on sci-fi and fantasy books and get pagan books from the library, I don't get points 'cause I don't own them. I don't really talk about my beliefs so I don't get any points for saying they're not backed up by literature. ^_^ I wasn't sure whether to deduct a point for my Gaia tag which is my tag for everything else really, because although it does have Dog in it, it doesn't have to do with being pagan--it's the name of a character from a book (Lirael and Abhorsen by Garth Nix), and it serves a double purpose because I've gotten into the furry fandom since I borrowed the name. The Disreputable Dog is not my "craft name," I did not meditate or live in the woods for a week to find it, etc. It's not like I'm Lady Moonshadow Starfire or something. And there is no way I'm deducting for my real name, it's not my fault! rofl

With Triste's, I get a 28. Does the +1s for years studying your religion only count for pagan religions or for any religion? Because I'd say I've spent 11-13 years actively studying my religion, as far as that goes, since I don't call any of the pagan religions I've looked into my religions. wink I'll say eleven years because although I started going to chuch school when I was five I don't remember anything from them until about seven. So we have 28/39.

With Tea's I have 37/48. I'm reluctant to count the Occult Bookshop one because I don't personally know any Occult Bookshop owners on any level at all, so it seems like kind of an easy +3.

Funny. I somehow thought I would tally fluffier than that. Then again, if Tea scores a -59, I think that says something about this little quiz. wink How'd you manage it?

How about I add a -5 if you somehow managed to inflate your tally? Denial and bad memory, I salute you. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:08 pm
-59 comes from the tired bookshop keeper part of me that gets very barbed when I'm PMSing and annoying people hang around the shop and make fools of themselves as well as from my study of Christianity and other Pagan cultures and having people look blankly at me when I inform them that Satan is not the same as the Snake and that the Bible had formal names for God instead of G-O-D, as well as enlightening ignorant little pagans that their creepy grandma was not a "gypsy".

Edit
I think there needs to be a cap on a couple of them. Anything where you can get/loose lots of points for the same basic action time and again.  

TeaDidikai

Half_Pint

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:09 pm
I got a 21 using tea's, I must say that I loved this test and it removed my ignorence about what "fluffiness" is I had a hunch but was a bit to embaresed to ask redface . I was kind of sad that I lost points because of having a panthar for my spirit guide I never thought they were all that common.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:28 pm
Half_Pint
I got a 21 using tea's, I must say that I loved this test and it removed my ignorence about what "fluffiness" is I had a hunch but was a bit to embaresed to ask redface . I was kind of sad that I lost points because of having a panthar for my spirit guide I never thought they were all that common.

I know Yasmine Galenorn has a panthar.

As for my score- just because I can be a jerk and I have read more about Christianity than many Christians have doesn't really make me a fluffy. Remove those two and I'm somewhere in the positive hundreds- (god I love bookshops!)  

TeaDidikai

[.dances.with.bunnies.]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:32 pm
I got a 30. would have been a 31 but I got a minus one for animal guide. O_o it's not really like a GUIDE. but it's on my alter. it's a statue of a wolf and he looks so sad. but I always feel like he's trying to tell me something, and I feel safe when he's in my room. ^^ heart *pulls stuffing from ear* heh..

Edit: I had a dream I was in the woods near my house and there was a pond. ^^ there were lots of wolves and I looked in the water and I *was* one. then I was pushed into the pond from behind and when I pulled myself out, I was a wolf. it is at that point, after waking up, I became obsessed with learning all I could about them. that was almost 6 years ago. i've been learning about pagans for 1 year.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:47 am
i came out w/ a 25. Not to bad i guess. i do sometimes have a tendency to get angry w/ christians which is something that i need to work on. and i do consider hecate my matron goddess so i lost points on that one lol but still not to bad. i think it helped that i really dig reading boring scholarly works for fun. so i'm not all bad. rofl  

BookWhore

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:13 am
I come out with a 25 or so, but that's not counting the +1 for every religious question asked, since I have no time frame for that, and I didn't make a list of books- not sure which ones would count as scholarly enough, and how wide a selection of scholarly books we're looking at (ie. only those related to religion/magic, or history and other things as well.).

Lost that first point on the name, technically, since it's a tree, but my parents honestly did name me after a character in The Wicker Man. And I wasn't sure whether to lose the point on huge metal jewelry since one of my favorites is a honking big ankh with roses, but I don't wear it as religious jewelry, really, I wear it because I think it's pretty.

And I'm probably overanalyzing, but I'm at work and bored.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:52 am
My score- 34, that was fun. 3nodding  

T i c

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:28 am
Deoridhe

-1 for every natural object name (e.g. animal, mineral, jewel) in the person's public name (what they introduce themselves as or are published as)

I introduce myself by my real name, occasionally using my mothers maiden name as my last name... (until I can afford to change it legally). None have any of those... Jewels is a nickname I like & use, mainly because it looks pretty & I hate the spelling "Jools" *shudders* so yeah... that does that count? -1?

Deoridhe
+2 for every scholarly book owned and read
Only on religion, or in general? On religion, I own only a couple, in general... umm... a lot... everything other than my myths/fairytale/childerns books collection. (considering I have well over a hundred books.... [last count was 111, about 2 or 3 years ago... it's grown since]) +4?

Deoridhe
-2 for any mention of "The Burning Times"

That's funny, 'cause I'm always going on about "The Burning Times", but only because that's the name of one of my favourite books... & before you ask... it's a fiction novel... completely fiction (by Jeanne Kalogridis), very good book! (So, I'm not counting that, lol, I just thought it was funny)

Deoridhe
-1 for every famous past life/+1 for every normal or boring past life

I know I've been here before, but I have no idea who/what I was last/any other time. +1?

Deoridhe
+3 if individual admits to not knowing everything
NO-ONE knows everything! How in heck could I? +3

Deoridhe
+1 if personal beliefs not supported by literature are specifically mentioned as unsupported

Everytime I talk about my beliefs I specifically say that it what I believe & no-one else has to. Heck, I'm still mostly agnostic, but I still have beliefs. +1?

-
Deoridhe
5 if individual is fighting a great evil /conspiracy / etc...

rofl Sorry, I just can't believe people might actually tell themselves that...

Deoridhe
-1 if 'mundanes' is used as an insult (i.e. 'Don't go there, it's filled with mundanes.')

xd I'm in the SCA... to me "mundanes" means my/our "normal" clothes (ie, anything from the past couple of hundred years blaugh ) or a person or persons wearing such clothes. Not usually an insult...

Deoridhe
-1 for every time individual insults a member of another religion

I never specifically insult a person for what they believe. If I do insult them, there is generally a damn good reason & it won't be their religion... but that also means, that if someone has a different religion than I do, that won't mean I will never insult them, but I never insult a religion.

Deoridhe
+1 if individual holds down a job, maintains a passing GPA in school, or is a stay-at-home parent

Well there's an easy +1!

Deoridhe
+1 for every question asked about another religion
I studied religion for a year at school (the 5 "main" religions, mostly), & many religions growing up... I've asked countless questions & read many more books, on many different religions... I have no idea how many questions that is! Say a nice, low +10? (this year blaugh )

Deoridhe
-5 if a love spell is involved in any way, shape or form.

The closest thing I've done to what I would call an actual love spell, was when my partner & I were still in a long-distance relationship (no, not online!) One day I was missing him worse than usual & I couldn't call him as hec was really busy that day. I was missing him too much to concentrate on anything else. I took a small piece of rose quartz, held it & just thought about him & just used it to center my thoughts & calm down. I felt WAY better after that & carried the quartz around with me to keep myself focused. 20 minutes after I did the "spell" (if you want to call it that) he called & said he'd been thinking about me & he missed me too much & that he had to call, even though he was really busy. -5? It wasn't exactly a direct spell for anything other than to calm down & relax...

Deoridhe
+1 for being an honor student, or for holding the SAME job for more than two years. (Over the +1 for has job or acceptable GPA or is stay-at-home parent)

My longest job was for 3 years... but that was at McDonalds... I have a "proper" job now biggrin +1

Deoridhe
+1 if the job is not a stereotypically "freak"-friendly job but is in reasonable keeping with the person's ethics.

Darn the freak-friendlyness of McDonalds! Darn it! blaugh

Deoridhe
+1 for one or two subtle, small pieces of jewelry that don't scream "LOOK AT ME! I'M A WITCH!" but are nevertheless meaningful to someone who knows what to look for.

I have a 1inch pentacle worn under my clothes & I occassionally wear a Christian medal (very similar to this: http://www.jewelryshopping.com/~comp67263/showall-Crosses-Silver_1.html&h=224&w=164&sz=10&tbnid=cvAiQ0xLihIJ:&tbnh=102&tbnw=74&hl=en&start=2&prev=/images?q=%22O+Mary+conceived+without+sin%22&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=) & when you consider it's less than 1inch long... I'd say that's pretty suble. +1

Deoridhe
+2 for respectfully disagreeing with a person's statement without attacking the person.

Easy +2. If you attack someone you disagree with... it just starts/continues something stupid & pointless. I try as much as possible to avoid that.

Deoridhe
+2 for knowing when to walk away from a "discussion"...and doing so without fanfare.

I try my best.... but discussions turn into debates... I'll never attack someone, but if I'm in a debate, I'll keep going until one of us is proved right... say +1?

Total: 29 (until told otherwise, I'm counting question marked ones).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:44 am
Are the dolphin, the ferret and the dragonfly "trendy," and is proofreader a "freak-friendly job"?  

Cerulean Crayon

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:52 am
Triste Morningstar

- 6 for pointing out that there are 'constant contradictions' in the bible.

Uhh... there are... I used to do that even though I was brought up Catholic... I think it's a great religion... just not right for me. Heck even my grandmother (who is excessively passionate about Christianity/Catholicism ) admits that the bible is full of contractions, but as she says "the old testament is full of crap." (yes, my 70 year old grandmother said that). The only times I ever bring that up is when people start using Leviticus to gay-bash.... then I smite them with bible quotes from the rediculousness of Leviticus & show them how silly they sound. Otherwise, I don't.
Not -6. blaugh

Triste Morningstar
- 10 for any reference to 'the burning times.'

See above post on "The Burning Times". Not -10 blaugh

Triste Morningstar
+ 5 if you concede a point you've made when you are proven wrong.
Always. +5

Triste Morningstar
+ 2 if you are willing to admit that the prejudice against you is not so bad, or even nonexistant.

Prejudice? Lol, My family aren't too crash-hot on any religion other than Christianity, but I tend not to go running around telling people stuff I'm not sure about, so umm... no prejudice until they find out I like both sexes equally, lol. +2

Triste Morningstar
+ 2 if you are a female and worship a God, or a male and worship a goddess.

I am Agnostic, but I'm also Polythiestic. I believe there are, at least, 1 male & 1 female God & Goddess... I personally, feel that there are more than one of each.... +2?

Triste Morningstar
+ 1 for every year you've studied your religion.

Oh Gosh... Umm... brough up Catholic, so studied that from pretty much birth until... well, heck, I'm still studying it... Studying other religions to find one which feels "right"... since I was 16...... So technically 21 years, lol.
Say 14, as I started "officially" learning about Christianity (other than stories & Christian videos) when I was about to make my 1st Holy Communion.... so we'll say +14?

Total: 52 (counting all with question marks)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:11 am
TeaDidikai

+3 if you do not call an Occult Bookshop owner a friend without ever being invited to their home.

Easy +3

TeaDidikai
+2 If you do not label your gods with one word descriptors.

I'm not entirely sure I understand that... +/- 0

TeaDidikai
+2 If you understand that just because a holiday has it's roots in an older tradition, that it doesn't make it the same holiday.

Easy +2, right there!

TeaDidikai
+1 If you understand that modern tech is not the worst thing in the universe and money is not the root of all evil

No! The LOVE of money is the root of all evil! Not money, love of money. Silly peoples mixing things up & onjly listening to half of what is said.
+1

TeaDidikai
+1 If you acknowledge that "magical" herbs in cultures were a function of medicine and not spirituality.

Another easy +1.

TeaDidikai
-1 If you assert to be a part of a religion, and the only reason you can offer is "because I say I am."

*twitch* people... actually think that because they say something it makes it true?

Total = 59 eek But then... I have less of a chance of being a Fluff Bunny since I'm not quite of any religion... just a poor Agnostic trying to find her path blaugh

(Sorry about the long posts... I like to understand a question completely before answering & then clarify the reasons for my answers as well.)

JewelsSparkle

kara_h

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:22 pm
My notes on the first list ...

Deoridhe
+2 for every scholarly book owned and read

have to count the library
result: at a guess ... +20

Deoridhe
+2 for unusual but viable animal guide (e.g. catfish, frog, swan,etc...)

grey squirrel and a computer
result: +4

Deoridhe
-2 for references to Atlantis, Aliens, or Fiction as a source for
religious practices (yes, CAW* counts)

I did a paper on CAW, but it is not part of my practices.
Part of my personal morality includes the philosophy of IDIC (Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations) though.
result: -2

Deoridhe
+3 if individual admits to not knowing everything

you mean there are people who do?
result: +3

Deoridhe
+1 if individual refers to a scholarly work or historical document

sometimes
result: +1

Deoridhe
+1 if individual has successfully run a religious gathering

an Esbat

Deoridhe
-1 for every large piece of jewelry identifying an individual's religion

nope, all of my necklace pendants are about an inch across, unless you are counting buttons
result: 0

Deoridhe
+1 if individual holds down a job, maintains a passing GPA in school, or is a stay-at-home parent

computer programmer at a DC org and volunteer

Deoridhe
-1 if individual is dedicated to a 'kind' or 'gentle' death or war deity (e.g. Kali, Hecate, Ma'at, Morrigan, etc...)

Ilmarinen, Bridget, Odin, Cybele .... nope, although some of those cultures (particularly the Nordic/Germanic ones) considered almost ALL of their pantheon war deities so you have to ask if one is a 'war deity' in that setting ... ex: Odin is certainly a war deity, but also has the rare components of being a pantheon leader and a god of wisdom

Deoridhe
-1 for every claim that the individual knows another religion better than a practitioner of that religion does (individual must not be of the same religion as the practitioner)

well, in joking at times ....
result: -1

Deoridhe
-2 for being a bisexual, polyamorous, vegetarian Pagan who thinks that anyone who is one of those things should automatically be ALL of those things, and that once the world achieves True Enlightenment EVERYONE will be all of those things.
-4 for including pets (oh, sorry, I mean "animal companions" of course) in this by purchasing vegetarian dog and cat food. *grr*

Hey, I'm a transseual as well and that does not mean everyone needs to be.
I run a list for vegan pagans and treat people like that the same way I would any other flamers, leading me to have been accused of not being a vegan and such. I joke about being the 'token vegan' at my Circle and have no problem with people eating non-veg food at our potlucks (well, I get annoyed if I find small bits of chicken lying next to me when I am eating). I do not have a pet, partly because buying non-veg food (even if it was not for me) would be against my ethics. I have bought vegetarian dog biscuits for a friend's dog before, but that was because the dog liked that brand.

Deoridhe
+1 for being an honor student, or for holding the SAME job for more than two years. (Over the +1 for has job or acceptable GPA or is stay-at-home parent)

While about a year at my current job, it is hardly unusual for me to do a much longer period of time and I plan on doing so.

Deoridhe
+1 if the job is not a stereotypically "freak"-friendly job but is in reasonable keeping with the person's ethics.

I am a computer programmer, yes, but I specifically turned from government contracting to working with nonprofits in order to be more compatible with my ethics.

Deoridhe
+1 for one or two subtle, small pieces of jewelry that don't scream "LOOK AT ME! I'M A WITCH!" but are nevertheless meaningful to someone who knows what to look for.

My usual pieces of jewelery are an oak leaf pentacle w/ a miniature godess figure and/or my IDIC (usually both is only worn on days of Sabbats though). As stated before, IDIC is part of my philosophy, but it takes some doing to figure out what it is and how to connect it (wearing both is a constant source of ammusement to my friends, but they know both items hold deep meaning for me). I won't take the point though since the pent may count as something 'screaming'.

Deoridhe
+2 for respectfully disagreeing with a person's statement without attacking the person.
+2 for knowing when to walk away from a "discussion"...and doing so without fanfare.

pretty usefull skills when you are the moderator on several lists ....
result: +4

Total: 42 (hey, I swear I did not make that number up)  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff