Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
who the ******** are you people anyway. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:04 pm
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
U KNO WHO I AM

I go to SCAD Atlanta for Interactive Design and Game development with a minor in Concept art.

I live with that f*****t, Suitor, and we have a cat-baby together. He's okay I guess. He likes to elbow me in my sleep.

I also have a love-hate relationship with the state of North Carolina.
at first i thought you meant the cat baby and then I was like d'awwww 4laugh but then i was like no emotion_donotwant

I'd like to emphasize that we sleep in a twin size bed with one side shoved up against a wall. And I'm 6'3"

I really have no place to put my elbows
you leave your elbows on the ground. no one wears their elbows in bed :T

I had to share my twin size [also up against a wall] with my bf a couple times and that was awful. I wasn't even on the inside ugh.

what a lot of people here do is pull the bed away from the wall, stack milk crates between the bed and the wall and then layer extra blankets/pillows/soft s**t to extend the bed.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:06 pm
No, my dorm bed was a twin xl, and you know how uncomfortable THAT was.

plus your elbows poke me cus you ******** sprawl out like....all over the bed  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

DC-Chan

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:06 pm
Prince Ichi
U KNO WHO I AM

I go to SCAD Atlanta for Interactive Design and Game development with a minor in Concept art.

I live with that f*****t, Suitor, and we have a cat-baby together. He's okay I guess. He likes to elbow me in my sleep.

Wait...you went to SCAD? I have two friends who went to SCAD. They graduated a couple years ago. They were in digital art, I think? I wonder if you knew/met them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 pm
DC-Chan
Prince Ichi
U KNO WHO I AM

Wait...you went to SCAD? I have two friends who went to SCAD. They graduated a couple years ago. They were in digital art, I think? I wonder if you knew/met them.
probably not, I've only completed my foundation studies. D: And I go to the Atlanta campus. Everyone else in the internet forever goes to Savannah.  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

DC-Chan

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:08 pm
Prince Ichi
DC-Chan
Prince Ichi
U KNO WHO I AM

probably not, I've only completed my foundation studies. D: And I go to the Atlanta campus. Everyone else in the internet forever goes to Savannah.

Awwwww. Yeah. They went to Savannah. They liked it the first couple years, and then were like, "There is no snow. This is hella weird. I wanna go back to NYC."

You just started? Maaaaan. You've got a long way to go.

gonk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:09 pm
Prince Ichi

i shared a bed with my sister one summer

every time she elbowed me I'd stick her finger up her nose or her hand down her pants or something.

heavy sleepers are the best.  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:16 pm
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi

i shared a bed with my sister one summer

every time she elbowed me I'd stick her finger up her nose or her hand down her pants or something.

heavy sleepers are the best.
....you are the best sister ever ok

DC chan

SOBS FOREVER I KNOW, RIGHT

I'm trying for my masters, too. (it's incredibly invaluable for higher up positions on art teams, if i ever get hired at a game company LOL)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:18 pm
i know right.

people should pay me to be their sister.  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:19 pm
[color=emo]
Existential Existence

yes sitting in on lectures is a great way to get a feel for your interests too.
there once was a class i was unsure of taking so instead i just sat in. i ended up falling asleep half way through each time though and i was glad i didn't enroll in the class because the material wasn't that great.

if you ever catch wind of any popular professors on campus you should check them out to see what they have to offer knowledge wise.

i wish i'd checked out some sociology classes because as a psych person, sociology as a discipline still makes me scratch my head
Yep. I live with a 4th year student who's doing neurosci but took a bunch of physio classes, and it's basically from talking to her/reading her books that i realized i might like anatomy/physio

i gotta be honest, i can't handle socio and psych. once it gets too convoluted/deep i just call bullshit gonk

That might be because you've mostly or only been exposed to theories. Try listening in on a class that focuses on research and methodology. Sometimes I roll my eyes too when I hear lectures from professors who fail to give concrete examples (or studies) that back up certain statements.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:22 pm
s**t. Just realized I never actually said who I was. Just kinda barged into this thread, didn't wipe my feet, and now I'm badgering your grandma.

I'm currently getting my masters in Environmental Processes, will be graduating in May. I already have my B.E. in Material Engineering with minors in chemistry and studio art.

Don't have a job, so right now I'm kinda struggling since i loved working during my undergrad. Had to get my masters since nobody takes girls seriously in engineering without a masters. Which kinda sucks, since it's costing me around $40k for this one year degree.

I live on Long Island. The p***s of New York. We have the Hamptons, and a couple lighthouses, and Jones Beach. That's about it. I'm hoping I can get a job with environmental consulting in NYC, because I like living there, goddamnit, even if it is major expensive.

Uh...I've had my driving license since I was 16 and I like riding horses?

gonk

DC-Chan

Mega Noob

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 pm
Uncle Haijin
Existential Existence
Uncle Haijin
I'm a 4th year English major, journalism minor, about to graduate in May. I kind of inadvertently specialized in 1850s-1910 British literature, but I actually kind of dislike Victorians more than I like them, so that's sort of weird. I'm actually more interested in marketing and PR than I am in English, so I guess I have the wrong degree. XP

I'm sort of short, scrawny, bespectacled, and currently puffy-eyed and pale for staying up way too late to study for finals. I quote The Big Lebowski way too much than can be good for me, and spend way too much time on Gaia and LJ. I can't help it, I like ONTD way too much. D:

Also, I am real gud at ritin things

English is never a bad degree to have as long as you hone those analytic and writing skills. The best way to get your foot in the door with any job area though is to apply to internships and get some experience while you're in school. So when you get out you have some sort of reference to go off of when you search for a job you want.

Speaking and writing well are assets. You can take some marketing/PR classes if you need to. If you go to a large university with large lectures where the professor doesn't recognize students you can probably sit in on some lectures from marketing type of classes, without even having to ask the professor. biggrin

Free classes!

Oh yeah, I am trying to get internships. I'm hopefully getting one at an art museum in the city, but they haven't called back yet. D:

I'm taking a marketing class this semester now that I have everything for my major done, which is actually super interesting. Going to take advertising next semester. I wish I could sit in on lectures, but my university is super small, so they'd notice. I think our lecture hall fits maybe 50 people at most.

It might still be worth a shot sitting in at 50 people. You can maybe talk to the professor to ask if you can just listen in to some lectures without getting on the roster, maybe shoot them an email that's like "Hi I'm a student at ____ but due to my heavy course load I can't enroll in your class. However I am interested really interested in [insert class subject here] and I would like to sit in to listen to a couple of your lectures. Would this be okay with you? blah blah". They might want you to enroll for P/NP but you never know, some might let you listen in. It's not like they have to grade your papers or anything so having an extra ear listening in shouldn't be much of a burden.

oh good luck with that internship. art museums are fun. except for the quiet part...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:34 pm
-chuckles-

I am a father of five, and am a trainer for the unloading team at my local big box store.

Also known as a human forklift, and trainer of other human fork lifts.

I am also 6 foot tall, and somewhat.bigger than most people expect.

"Wonder what Bunneh looks liek...Why is there a pic of that guy- OH MY DAMN rids is a dude."

That would be the usual response. sweatdrop  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:49 pm
Ridley Starsmore
-chuckles-

I am a father of five, and am a trainer for the unloading team at my local big box store.

"Wonder what Bunneh looks liek...Why is there a pic of that guy- OH MY DAMN rids is a dude."

I knew that you were a dude :'D But idk from where~

i get that. "Hey Emo is probably a douchebag dude - OH s**t Emo is a small azn girl"

also. you are like 8-9 inches taller than I am ;___;  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:52 pm
[color=emo]
Ridley Starsmore
-chuckles-

I knew that you were a dude :'D But idk from where~

i get that. "Hey Emo is probably a douchebag dude - OH s**t Emo is a small azn girl"

also. you are like 8-9 inches taller than I am ;___;

It's come up before in the GCD a few times.  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 pm
DC-Chan
s**t. Just realized I never actually said who I was. Just kinda barged into this thread, didn't wipe my feet, and now I'm badgering your grandma.

I'm currently getting my masters in Environmental Processes, will be graduating in May. I already have my B.E. in Material Engineering with minors in chemistry and studio art.

Don't have a job, so right now I'm kinda struggling since i loved working during my undergrad. Had to get my masters since nobody takes girls seriously in engineering without a masters. Which kinda sucks, since it's costing me around $40k for this one year degree.

I live on Long Island. The p***s of New York. We have the Hamptons, and a couple lighthouses, and Jones Beach. That's about it. I'm hoping I can get a job with environmental consulting in NYC, because I like living there, goddamnit, even if it is major expensive.

Uh...I've had my driving license since I was 16 and I like riding horses?

gonk

whooa :'O
my eng suitemate wanted to be a civil engineer but now she's looking into material engineering :'D

and yeahh. idk I feel like to be valued at all anymore you need a masters D;
hnnhghg so much money :[

yeah I live in Toronto. The reality is that I'll probably have to move to get a job once I've got my masters, but I really want to stay here, even if it means doing research for the rest of my life.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff