Submit

FrostWolf McCloud

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:37 pm
here is my 2250 Vampire Counts list I have been working on for some time

Vampire Lord-
+Magic level, master of dark arts, avatar of death, lord of the dead, summon creatures of the night, skull staff, cadaverous cuirass, black periapt-450

Vampire-
Dark acolyte, lord of dead, tomb blade, the flayed hauberk-195

Vampire-
Dark acolyte, lord of dead, walach’s bloody hauberk, biting blade-195

Vampire-
Dark acolyte, lord of dead, staff of sorcery, sword of striking-195

13 skeletons- champion, musician, standard-148

12 skeletons- champion, musician, standard-140

12 skeletons- champion, musician, standard-140

15 grave guard- champion musician, standard-210

15 grave guard- champion musician, standard-210

6 Black Knights, champion, musician, standard-184

3 Fell Bats-60

Varghulf-175

Total 2248

I dumped as much magic and close combat abilites on my vampires as I could, the Lord and the vampire with the staff both sit in the grave guard units, while the other 2 sit in the skeleton units. The 1st turn I plan on bumping those fell bats up as big as I can get them  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 pm
New Lizzie List

Saurus Oldblood: 230
-Light Armor
-Blade of the Revered Tzunki
-Enchanted sheild
Saurus Scar-Vetran: 134
-Light Armor
-Great Weapon
-Glyph Necklace
-Venom of the Firefly Frog
Skink Priest: 440
-Lvl2
-Dispell Scrollx2
-Engine of the Gods
Saurus Warriors: 750
-3 units of 20 sauru wariors
-All with full comand
Skink SKirmishers: 70
-10 skink skirmishers
Terradon Riders: 130
-4 Terradon Ridders
-1 is the Brave
Stegadon: 235
-Its a stegadon ... hehe  

Inenor

billsabob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:58 pm
So I made the lizardmen army that I wish to buy as soon as I get the money around (So like a couple months or so). I wanted to see what the veterans thought, and maybe what I should make sure I get first, I plan on getting the battalion fist thing of course, but after that Im not sure what to buy first.

Slann Mage Priest
-4th Generation
-Divine Plaque of Protection
-Sun Standard of Chotec

Saurus Oldblood
-Light Armor
-Shield
-Carnosaur
-Blade of Revered Tzunki
-Bane Head
-Spawning of Itzl
-Spawning of Quetzl

Skink Priest

Skink Chief
-Sacred Stegadon Helm

20 Saurus Warriors
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Spawning Champion
-Spawning of Quetzl

16 Saurus Warriors
-Spears
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Spawning Champion

16 Saurus Warriors
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Spawning Champion

12 Skinks
-Javelins and shields
-1 Brave

12 Skinks
-Javelins and shields
-1 Brave

12 Skinks
-1 Brave

10 Temple Guard
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Reverend Guardian
-Shields

8 Saurus Cavalry
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Spawning Champion

3 Terradons
-1 Brave

Stegadon

3 Salamander Hunting Packs

So how does it look guys? it comes out to something around 3.17k  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 pm
did you base this off of the new or old book? (just wondering cause i saw the "gen 4" in there) It looks sturdy though, even by the new books standards no doubt. But you don't need the stegadon helm. Also just take the blowpipes, in the new book it's cheaper, maybe 5 or ten more temple guard to add some weight. And since the spawnings and generations are gone, you might have more points to spend if you're looking to build a 3k force.  

Inenor

Inenor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:13 pm
2250 list (2251)... and yes there are no steggies. neutral

Saurus Oldblood:465pts
-Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent (+2 atk)
-The Maiming Sheild(+1 atk, +1 sv)
-Carnosaur Pendant(frenzied permanently on first wound caused)
-Carnosaur(awesome mount)
-Light Armor(+1 save)
Saurus Scar-Vetran:146pts
-Light Armor(+1 sv)
-Great Weapon(+2 str)
-Aura of Quetzl(-1 to hit in CC)
-Venom of te Firefly Frog(poisoned atks)
Skink Priest:150pts
-Lvl 2
-2 Dispell Scrolls
Saurus Warriors:250 x3 (750)pts
-Full command
-3units of 20
Skink Skirmishers:70 x2 (140)pts
-2 units of 10
Saurus Cavalry:225pts
-Full command
-One unit of 5
Terradon Riders:150pts
-One unit of 5
Sallamander Hunting Pack:225
-3 sallies, 9 snacks ... er i mean handlers  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:24 am
WOOH! I'm off for the annual BigBayCon Fantasy tournament, which is my first fantasy tournie! YEY!

I'm pretty lazy and borrowed 3-4 units from a friend who also play O&G since I don't have time to paint (decided to join yesterday).

The list itself won't be a serious one, it's going to be overly expensive but yet fun, can't wait to see how people will handle the list to be honest, I call it "Chariot Frenzy", but I haven't maxed out my chariots... Gotta need some boar boyz as well.

I don't really plan to go far with the list, but knowing the majority of the entrants they're not going all-out on winning either, plus there's plenty inexperienced players there (might be a plus for me, I'm still going to do my best), I lack blocks and shooty stuff, but I got some hard hitting units with me, might even be able to charge with my boar boyz the first turn! The black Orc chariots are there just to utalize WAAAGH!, +D6 movement before deciding to charge is never wrong. ;D

Anyways, I'm not going in depth with the point costs per unit, but the total is 2244 points.

Orc Great Shaman, lv4, Staff of Badumm

Black Orc Big Boss, heavy armour, shield, Martog's axe of bashin', kickin' boots, chariot.

Black Orc Big Boss, Battle Standard, heavy armour, Ulag's akkrit axe, Nibbla's 'itty ring.

Goblin Shaman, lv2, chariot, dispel scroll, brimstone bauble.

20 Orc Big 'Uns, shields, full command, Mork's spirit totem.

25 Orc Boyz, shields, full command

24 Savage Orc Big 'Uns, additional choppa, full command

5 Savage Orc Big 'Un Boar Boyz, spear, shield, full command, WAAAGH! banner.

Goblin Wolf Chariot.

Goblin Wolf Chariot.

Orc Boar Chariot.

2 Snotling Pump Wagons.  

Shinobi_8745

Inenor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:03 am
it seems kinda small for an orc force ... but i'd still stay away from those chariots if i where me ... i don't like chariots, they blow S*$# up if you get lucky enough X_X ... that's why i use stegadons biggrin . But anywho besides the low orc count it loks like it'll stand up pretty well while at the same time not being a power list (which is awesome because i can't find any good gamers, as in people not learning the game, at my club who are not power gamers -_-)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:18 pm
Though my "small amount of units" can be discussed, any charge they make are aided by 2-3 chariots, unless it's savage orc boyz who throw out 19 Ws4 S5 attacks the first turn of combat and the boar boyz throwing out 11 Ws4 S5 and 10 Ws3 S5 attacks on the charge, they can pretty much handle stuff by themselves.

The lack of warmachines gives me a better opportunity when I get the spell WAAAGH! since the crew won't leave the machines, and this far it's been helping me with alot of unexpected charges. ;D

But as you say it's not a power gaming list, it lacks many things, but it's hard hitting to the max due to 3 out of 4 units being big 'uns.

All I need now is a unit of black orcs instead of the normal boyz... They didn't do anything during my battles. XD  

Shinobi_8745

Inenor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 pm
Here's a list i made up that I'd like to build on. Please tell me if there are little things i should tweak. Note, please, that i am trying to go for as balanced a list as possible so I'd like to know if I'm leaning one way or another.

213-Orc Warboss: Toofmuncha
-Light Armor
-Martog's Best Basha (+1 to ws,s,& i)
-Warboss Umm's Best Boss Hat (5+ ward)
-Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas (Killing Blow)
-Enchanted shield
150-Orc Shaman: Skullbitah
-Lvl 2
- Dispel Scroll
-Nibbla's 'Itty Ring (bound power lvl 3 "eadbutt" spell)
72-Night Goblin Big Boss: Gitstikka
-Light Armor
-Sneaky Skewer (additional -3 to save)
-Spiteful Shield (cause wound to attacker at S:5 for every 1 rolled to hit)
-Collar of Zorga (beasts, mounts, and monsters can't attack him)
130-Night Goblin Shaman: Brewskie
-lvl 2
-Dispel Scollx2
150-Orc Boys: Toofmuncha's Lads
-Full Command
-20 boys
-Shields
150-Orc Boys:
-Full Command
-20 boys
-Shields
150-Orc Boys: Skullbitah's Crew
-Full Command
-20 boys
-Shields
195-Night Goblins
-Full Command
-30 gobos
-nets
-2 Fanatics
195-Night Goblins
-Full Command
-30 gobos
-nets
-2 Fanatics
65-Goblin Wolf Riders
-5 wolf riders w/ bows
65-Goblin Wolf Riders
-5 wolf riders w/ bows
150-Squig Hoppers
-10 hoppers
150-Squig Hoppers
-10 Hoppers
75-Goblin Rock Lobber
-orc bully
80-Goblin Spear Chukka
-2 war machines w/ orc bullies
80-Doom Diver Catapult
-1 war machine
180-Trolls
-3 Stone Trolls

2250pts even
PD= 6
DD= 4
DS= 3

If anyone has any tips on making up goblin and orc names I'd like to hear your secrets.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:22 am
I don't really get where you want to come with "balanced"... That's not the fun part about playing orcs and goblins... What do your oppnents play since you want "balanced"?

Anyways, this list is nowhere close to balanced if you ask me, it needs some changes.

First I actually don't see why the warboss isn't riding a boar nor why he isn't a black orc (1+ save with the shield) and the kickin' boots instead of the gnashas, that 1 extra attack is alot better than killing blow, ditching the magic weapon already gives you +1 Ws, maybe not I, but that's not needed to be honest, and armed to da teef is sweet.

Ditch the scroll on the orc shaman, you only need one scroll-caddy.
Try to get some spare points and make that ring into staff of badum instead, it's really sweet getting +1 to cast your spells! Especially when you get the destructive ones.

The boy units should be about 25 strong instead of 20, it does alot more to your army (and it makes it easier when you face other directions and extending your front, saves you up 1" movement since you will be 5x5 through the unit).

I wouldn't have that many (yes, 2 is many) units with fanatics either, if you face anyone with REALLY fast cavalry or a flying unit you're doomed to loose the fanatics, I'd use one unit as a flank guard, since most players throw fast and light units as their flankers the night goblins make superb flank-guards.

Try to get some spare-points for the wolf riders, they seriously need a musician and spears (you might wanna let them flank-charge a unit while another orc unit perhaps go up front), it's totally worth it, helps me anytime against most enemies.

2 units of hoppers is... cool but inneffective if you ask me, they're too random to use in such big numbers, make one unit into squig herds instead, better in all kind of ways (apart from movement), I've seen them take care of chaos warriors like no other O&G unit!

The orc bullies are pretty much a waste unless you feel that you got those points left, I never make it easy for my enemy to reach my machines anyways, and they're cheap so I can afford to loose them.

Stone trolls, I love them!

Those are some things I thought of, another one is another set of characters, a proppa orc army have a battle standard bearer, most people use this one:

Black orc, heavy armour, boar, battle standard bearer, mork's spirit totem

This combo and throw him into a nice big unit which can protect him and he'll give you up to 3 extra dispel dice! My most common 2250 armies always have 8 power and 8 dispel dice thanks to this, and re-rolling break tests is always welcome.  

Shinobi_8745

Inenor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 pm
2500 Lizzie list

250 - Oldblood
-Light armor
-Blade of Revered Tzunki, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Protection

136 - Scar-vet
-Great Weapon, Light armor
-Venom of the firefly frog, Glyph necklace

150 - Skink Priest
-Lvl 2
-Dispel Scroll x2

150 - Skink Priest
-Lvl 2
-Dispel Scroll, Diadem of power

500 - Saurus Warriors
-Full command
-2 units of 20

290 - Skink Skirmishers
-3 units of 10 w/ Blow pipe
-1 unit of 10 w/ javelins

410 - Saurus Cavalry
- 2 units of5 w/ Standard and Muse

470 - Stegadon
-2 Stegadons

160 - Salamanders
- 2 separate salamanders with an extra handler each  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:40 pm
I just played a 2100 point game: my Dwarves against Dark Elves and Massacred them by turn 4 with this list:

Lord: Thorek Ironbrow and the Anvil of Doom

Heroes: Runesmith with Great Weapon and Shield. Rune of Spellbreaking

Core: 10 Handgunners, 10 Handgunners, 21 Warrors with shields and full command

Special: Grudge Thrower-Rune of Accuracy, Rune of Burning, Rune of Penetrating
Grundge Thrower-Rune of Accuracy, Rune of Burning, Rune of Reloading
15 slayers with 5 giant slayer upgrades

Rare: 2 Flame Cannons

I think this list will also do well against my friends Vampire Counts army. Must schedule battle soon.  

Lord Thuddleton

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:26 am
Lord Thuddleton
I just played a 2100 point game: my Dwarves against Dark Elves and Massacred them by turn 4 with this list:

Lord: Thorek Ironbrow and the Anvil of Doom

Heroes: Runesmith with Great Weapon and Shield. Rune of Spellbreaking

Core: 10 Handgunners, 10 Handgunners, 21 Warrors with shields and full command

Special: Grudge Thrower-Rune of Accuracy, Rune of Burning, Rune of Penetrating
Grundge Thrower-Rune of Accuracy, Rune of Burning, Rune of Reloading
15 slayers with 5 giant slayer upgrades

Rare: 2 Flame Cannons

I think this list will also do well against my friends Vampire Counts army. Must schedule battle soon.

This is so much, your typical dwarf shooting line. Where do you position your slayers? Cause, if your fighting the vampire counts, they could just take a zombie dragon, make the vampire lord shadow lore and go just as much uber magic as you did go uber shooting. Then poof, you would suddenly have a zombie dragon behind your lines, thanking the unseen lurker.

No but seriously... of course, if you employ a tactic to solely beat such a gunline, you can win, but what fun is there just plain blasting your enemy to bits without a sense of tactic?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 pm
520-Slann Mage Priest
-1 lore, +1 dice to cast, Ethereal, Magic Resistance 3
-Plaque of Protection (2+ ward), Cube of Darkness (dispel scroll with 50% chance of ending enemy magic phase), and a Dispel Scroll

150-Skink Priest
-Lvl 2
-Dispel Scroll, Diadem of Power (store up to 2 dice from casters dice to dispel pool)

141-Skink Chief
-Light Armor & Spear
-Staff of the Lost Sun ( S:5 x3 Short Bow), Enchanted shield (+2 to save)
-Terradon (Flying Mount)

160-Scar-Vetran
-Light Armor
-Burning Blade of Chotek (-2 to armor save and flaming magical attack), Shield of the Mirrored Pool (2+ redirect magic missiles to caster)
-Cold One

500-Saurus Warriors
-2 units of 20 warriors with full command

220-Skink Skirmishers
-2 unis w/ bowpipes
-1 units w/ shield and javelin

90-Terradons
-3 Terradons

470-Stegadon(s)
-2 Stegadons
this is the list i am currently 2/2/0 with 4laugh  

Inenor

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:27 pm
Inenor
520-Slann Mage Priest
-1 lore, +1 dice to cast, Ethereal, Magic Resistance 3
-Plaque of Protection (2+ ward), Cube of Darkness (dispel scroll with 50% chance of ending enemy magic phase), and a Dispel Scroll

150-Skink Priest
-Lvl 2
-Dispel Scroll, Diadem of Power (store up to 2 dice from casters dice to dispel pool)

141-Skink Chief
-Light Armor & Spear
-Staff of the Lost Sun ( S:5 x3 Short Bow), Enchanted shield (+2 to save)
-Terradon (Flying Mount)

160-Scar-Vetran
-Light Armor
-Burning Blade of Chotek (-2 to armor save and flaming magical attack), Shield of the Mirrored Pool (2+ redirect magic missiles to caster)
-Cold One

500-Saurus Warriors
-2 units of 20 warriors with full command

220-Skink Skirmishers
-2 unis w/ bowpipes
-1 units w/ shield and javelin

90-Terradons
-3 Terradons

470-Stegadon(s)
-2 Stegadons
this is the list i am currently 2/2/0 with 4laugh

I see you included a skink chief. While I really like the looks and feel of a skink chief, I just can't recommend it. In no way. If you want a terradon flyer, just add another terradon, that's easy. If you want a quick moving free runner? Make a scar vet instead with that crazy thing there makes you move with a m of 9 if I remember good enough. With a great weapon, you have a great potential of killing annoying chariots. (strength 7= auto kill a chariot.) And lastly, this is more a personal thing I guess. I like to keep my skink skirmishers as small and cheap as possible. Why? Their not here to kill things, their just plain damn bad at that. They can only really do things with shooting, but I like them to divert, make the enemy position themselves in bad places. This is just my short two cents! =]  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff