Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
So Ya Wanna... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:13 am
whiporwill-o
ok, i found this really freakin awesome necklace online made with crystals and brass bullet shells, but they cost like $40 and i could make one for like 25 cents...

so, i wanna know... what would be the best adhesive for securing quartz to metal?

would i be able to use hot glue? or would i need and epoxy?

I think an Epoxy would be better suited, personally. Or Gurilla glue works wonders, also, but it gets kind of messy...which is not at all pleasing to the eye.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:15 am
TeaDidikai
Byaggha

Any suggestions on resources for someone who is a complete noob to the concept/practice of knitting? I prefer a source with a sense of humor, if possible - dry teachers just make me want to wander off and do something else.

Good Housekeeping has an amazing book on Needle Crafts. It's not very humorous, but it has great pictures, which for me seemed more important.

Also- use cheap standard yarn to start out with and big needles. Big needles means a faster completion which lend to a sense of accomplishment. Cheap yarn means you won't spend as much time worrying about mistakes and tension variances.

Maybe I'm just a yarn snob, but I think it's actually a lot easier to learn on wool. Or at least midgrade acrylics. I got started on a supercheap, plasticy acrylic and hated using it so much I almost gave up the craft entirely. It doesn't stretch the same way, so it actually ends up being more prone to uneven tension than animal fibers. My favorites right now are bamboo, though, and upcycles.

Once you get the mechanics down, Knitty is another fantastic blog/source of free patterns. I use the Interweave Knitter's Companion for basic reference and learned on Sroller's Stitch and b***h, which really funny at times and kind of cheesy at others but it explains your basics very clearly.  

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:53 pm
Arcanist Angus
whiporwill-o
ok, i found this really freakin awesome necklace online made with crystals and brass bullet shells, but they cost like $40 and i could make one for like 25 cents...

so, i wanna know... what would be the best adhesive for securing quartz to metal?

would i be able to use hot glue? or would i need and epoxy?

I think an Epoxy would be better suited, personally. Or Gurilla glue works wonders, also, but it gets kind of messy...which is not at all pleasing to the eye.

ok, cool. i just wanted to make sure before i started and screwed it all up. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:55 pm
Christian Gnosticism and Christian Cabala (edit: and Christian mysticism). Where do I start?  

aoijea23487

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:44 pm
Palm Tree Garden. An Online Gnostic Nexus.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with Christian Cabala to tell you where to start.

Edit: Concerning Christian mysticism a good starting point would be looking at theosis within the Eastern Orthodoxy or some of the Quaker Churches. There's a reason these guys call themselves "The brotherhood of Light" and believe all men have the "spark of God".  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:12 pm
It has always seemed to me that Mysticism in general made up such a broad range of topics, that even limiting it to a single religion was a bit like narrowing down the scope from an ocean to a sea.

Is there something more specific about Christian mysticism you are interested in? One of my favorite books on the subject is Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ. It seems to touch on all the areas of interest being a Gnostic Kabalistic text.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items