Cash Shop Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:21 pm
EDIT: GODDAMMIT, I really gotta watch where I click, I keep editing your post and typing there instead of clicking the "quote" button. stressed

I haven't known about them since mid-2008. When these RIGs really started to kick in, and the cash shop updates started going crazy, beyond just an occasional EI.

It's funny. EIs, I don't mind. I'll buy em', yeah. They're like a better MC investment.

Now, is it sad that I'm more willing to buy something that costs 10 dollars for an "extended rental" plan than attempt to even TOUCH an RIG?

*sigh* If only people would stop buying them en masse to sell in the MP. Maybe Gaia would listen a bit about this.

Best way to get a monger's attention is to talk money.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 pm
I don't think it's sad. I think it's smart. With both you don't know what the heck you're going to get, and there's no guarantee you'll get what you're expecting. However, if you pick up a good priced EI ($7-$10, occasionally $4-$5) even if in the end you don't like the final product, it'll still have more worth than a gold shop item or some random "nice try, but you lost" item you can sell back to the store. Basically you've a better chance of getting something of value, something worth all that money you just spent with an EI.

I really think RIGs sell so well, because there are people who just want an item so bad they'll spend and spend and spend until they get it and people who just pick them up to make money. I don't even think the number of people who actually adore RIGs would make a dent in Gaia's funds if you got rid of the first two groups of people I mentioned.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:42 pm
The thing that draws users to a RIG is the gambling, I think. A LOT of people are gambling addicts. And for the users that are younger and happen to have access to money, this is their chance to gamble, too, which creates an addiction for them.
What gets it really bad is the fact that one spends real money on it. It's essentially a slot machine, that's all.

I wonder how much money people lose to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm
You know, the sad thing was that I was planning on buying some GCash with the extra money I have lying around ($50 just sitting in my Paypal I can't get out that was for something else but fell through) but it's just... there's nothing I want to actually really buy. How am I supposed to buy something besides EIs or RIGs when that's all they have anymore?  

Nanenna

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:41 pm
hey, EIs are still a solid thing to buy still. All of the EIs I have bought still haven't disappointed me. (barring the final evo of the Adama, but there were still some good parts in there).

The only one I regret NOT getting is the Kelp O' the Loch.

*shrug*

I won't even buy RIG items from the MP though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:04 pm
Well, part of it is because if I start I will never stop. So far I've spent thousands of gold to buy EIs for my RP mule just for one pose. That's just... and I would keep doing it with real money because that's just the type of person I am. >.>

That and I want to see some other stuff besides RIGs and EIs so when I do spend money on Gaia the regular CS items are what I will buy. But... there are so few! Most of them are the event ones like Cupid's Crown or the seafoam Gown.

Nanenna

XxMrs_RanDomxX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:58 pm
..I'm happy about how the recent cash shop update isn't EIs and such, but I asked myself this question.
"Why can't these be in the gold shops?"
D:  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:33 pm
XxMrs_RanDomxX
..I'm happy about how the recent cash shop update isn't EIs and such, but I asked myself this question.
D:

Eh, they look to be fairly nice items, and they didn't make them uber-rare items in a RIG. It's a small step for Gaia, but definitely one in the right direction, so I'm not gonna complain. (Actually, I'm probably gonna get at least the bundle; this is the type of thing that probably should be supported...)  

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:41 pm
O.T.L.
XxMrs_RanDomxX
D:

Eh, they look to be fairly nice items, and they didn't make them uber-rare items in a RIG. It's a small step for Gaia, but definitely one in the right direction, so I'm not gonna complain. (Actually, I'm probably gonna get at least the bundle; this is the type of thing that probably should be supported...)

agreed. If I had the money, I would have gotten the bundle myself, probably.

I at least got the Ironcrusher. I heart that axe.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:59 pm
I agree. I don't like RIGs, and I wish that they'd put the new fantasy items in the gold shops, but it's a step in the right direction at least. I bought a bundle - mostly as a show of support for them doing something nice for a change. They were also fairly nice items. biggrin

I'm a bit concerned at how fast and furiously new items are appearing this summer. That aspect of it bothers me, and I'm not exactly sure why.  

Keiko Dreams

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:24 pm
Keiko Dreams
I agree. I don't like RIGs, and I wish that they'd put the new fantasy items in the gold shops, but it's a step in the right direction at least. I bought a bundle - mostly as a show of support for them doing something nice for a change. They were also fairly nice items. biggrin

I'm a bit concerned at how fast and furiously new items are appearing this summer. That aspect of it bothers me, and I'm not exactly sure why.

Maybe because it becomes a pain in the a** to keep up with them all (or to acquire the money to buy them at that)?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:21 pm
I haven't been to the cash shop in ages. Let alone for the last time I bought something. Which, I believe...Was the anima. Which was a while ago. Hah.  

Chaos Blue

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:32 pm
I bought the bundle, and once I get my allowance then I'll get the dragon.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 am
I am so so so so tired of seeing CS updates with items that (in my opinion) should be in the gold shop. I don't even understand why that the summer event items are in the CS. I really don't. God, I'm repeating myself.

Our gold economy is practically dead in my eyes. I remember the times when 5k was a lot of gold...  

XxMrs_RanDomxX

Nanenna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:56 am
Well, ever since the CS was introduced they've had CS items to go with events, they just used to have GS items too. -_- I hope they still do for the big ones like Christmas and Halloween.

Also: I finally get Paypal to work and can spend the little bit in there I have set aside for frivolous purchases and the mage stuff is gone from the CS?! What the hell?! Why is stuff left over from Valentines in there but the new stuff is already gone?! And they say they can't make a profit with direct to CS items rather than stuffing them all in RIGs, maybe if they didn't pull it so quickly they'd make more profit over time rather than all at once! Suffice to say: I didn't buy any Cash, they aren't getting my money unless I see something I like. >:C

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff