Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Craft Name Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uninsured_speech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:26 am
Craft names are highly personal. If they do not resonate with you, no matter how carefully created, it will be meaningless. Personally, I used a combination of numerology and meditation to design my two craft names... yes two. I think that a person only needs one... but that one should be private, to be used only in communication with their deities. I have another for use in the Pagan community, that is purely optional in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:52 am
don't get any big ideas, they're not going to happen...
My first craft name came to me during a rather cool lightning storm... I was sitting on the front porch watching, and it struck me how picturesque the whole scene was. Quite frankly, it seemed too beautiful, almost like the lightning was fake, therefore, painted in the sky.
Anywho, the event got me pretty buzzed, and as I was watching, I was "directing" the lightning. Anywhere I pointed was where it would strike. I kind of took that as a sign that I should take the name that nature gave me.
I grew out of this one.

My second name was simply the Gaelic origin of my fiance's surname. I adore the name, and I'd likely take it again after we're married, but for now... well. It was taken during a rather tumultuous time in our relationship, so it probably wasn't done with jeweled intent. Frankly, it just makes me feel somewhat ashamed of who I was at that time.

So currently... I'm just using my Angelic name as a craft name, with the first letter of that being my community name. Don't ask me how to get one. Not everyone has one. If you do, you'll know it in time.

@Kareena: Actually, there is good reason to have multiple names. It's pretty standard to have three; a community name, a coven name (if you have one), and a name that is only shared with the Divine. It is also perfectly acceptable to change your name as your practice evolves. And thank god for that, else a lot of people would be stuck with "Lady Moonsprinkle" or something equally horrifying.
...you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking.

Ich bin Q

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:25 pm
User Image

User Image

Run Away With Me

" I could have sworn I had posted here, but I may just be insane.

x-x

My craft name is Nokomis, meaning Daughter of the Moon.

I found it by browsing the internet for names for a roleplay character one day and it just sort of clicked.

I saw that name and I instantly knew it was me.

xD

Seems a bit strange, but that's how mine happened...
"

Take Me To The Deep Sea

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:48 am
I am having a block too, I just found out my spirit guide is an bear, after asking the goddessess and gods, and the elements of the earth (yes I went all out asking, but I started to get desperate) and even meditated, and finally a bear came to me inmy dreams it was so real, and, well, pink.So 'im trying to incorporate that , but I hit A block, because everything I try seems to not fit. But I shall prevail! With patience,maybe the bear was only telling me that, keep patient? *thinks thoughtfull to self* yes that is probably it, I'll ask the dream person.  

FyrFlye

Raissa Firehawk

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:05 am
When looking for my craft name...I guess I wasn't all that creative, but my name definatly fits me and I haven't changed it since I chose it. I used a chart a book to find what the first letter of my name should be, then looked for a word or name that fits. And then chose the second part of my name as something that also...just fits, but not within the letter guidelines. More like, a family name, I suppose. I like my name ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:13 pm
I've been using the persona Fiwen for as long as I can remember, even before I discovered Wicca. It may be quite unorthadox but I couldn't bring myself to even look for a craft name, I can't imagine another persona quite like Fiwen. It just fits.  

Domdaniel

morganita14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:27 pm
mines morogan i cant really remember how i found  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:23 pm
Well I was sitting outside of my house randomly one day drawing when a bee came over to me. Me being allergic, I ran screaming like a crazed bat out of ****. So then I decided to relax down in my room with the lights off. It was completely dark and I couldn't see any traces of light. That's when a white flare streamed passed my eyes and I blinked, it was gone. I thought I had been going crazy but seconds later, it happened again. This time I saw an eye that gleamed like the red of blood. The flare formed into a bird-like shape before disappearing. Then two words suddenly came into my head.
"Lady Raven".

Shikyo Usuigu

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:53 am
Funnily enough, I found my public Craft Name when I was messing about with a silly internet name generator. Here's the link;

http://www.fjordstone.com/fjo/generator.html

It just kind of came up with Serena Myst (there was a middle name too, but I didn't like it. I don't have a middle name myself, so I'm not comfortable with having one in my Craft Name). It just clicked with me and I was happy with it. I use it as my secondary Gaia account name and it's my ID on a few online games.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:03 pm
Well, my name's Daze Bleedingheart. Daze because I'm usually in a daze (trust me, everyone agreed vigorously when I brought it up lol), and Bleedingheart because it's one of the most beautiful flowers.

I found my name after looking up my own characteristics' synonyms and I just happened across the flower ^^  

Cactus Attack!

Nostalgiacola

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:46 am
my craft name is Theleadora Carnelian.
the name theleadora just appeared in my head one night and Carnelian is a redish jemstone that i thought looked really nice.

(Thell-e-a-dora car-nill-i-an)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:53 am
My craft name came to me when I was about 16 yrs old. The dream felt so real like I was really there. I felt as if I knew where I was and everything. It was in 18th centery Ireland. I was a young woman that everyone loved and cared for dearly. When people know what I was and everything the name came to me while I was burning at the stake. This woman is my past life and she name is what I am called now Patricia. My name never changes or the face just the life that I live dose trying to find the man or woman I'm suppose to be with for all eternity.  

Princess Bee-otch

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:43 pm
I'll use my Soul name as my Craft name:

Falhalterra.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:38 pm
I feel uncomfortable giving my craft name but I will give you ideas of how to find your craft name. I found there are many ways to find your craft name. I will give a few tha might help you. One way is to use numerology in which you use your born number. Each letter has a number value. There are few books that have a chart in them giving each letters value. Anoher way is by mediating to the astral plane. While there you will see your animals totems and other things that might help in finding your craft name. Remeber to keep in focus while hat you are in search for clues for a craft name. A third way is by what animals, elements and deities you feel a strong pull to.  

Sky Raven Moon

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:21 pm
I'm having a hell of a time picking a name! I've not really got much confidence in scrying or meditating to find it because I'm not very good at either. I've tried some good online quizzes but the resulting names don't seem 'me' enough and I don't have a coven to help me. Any ideas?
wink  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces