Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Announcements/What's New In The Guild
The Reason Why This Guild Was Created: My Original Rant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IFreakinqLoveYhu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 pm
.Regular Sex is Good Sex..  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:34 pm
iFawkDaNerdy
I dont Want any sucking done by me anyway.Maybe if its his nick .Lol. but yeah i dont want to give but i can be recieved.Regular Sex is Good Sex..

Wut?  

IceTrey47

DreamBerry

Romantic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:32 am
Heh. Good point on the 17 thing. I started when I was 19 and in university. on bc and condoms, knowing everything. sometimes I think that even that was too young.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 am
Nikolita
Neverdie
eek

Well, I think all has been said about that. Good rant! Everyone should read it. But because its more than 2 sentences long, and not in netspeak, the ones who SHOULD read it, aren't going to. If a celebrity, like Nelly or Brittney Spears said this, then maybe more people would understand...but no, sex sells and nearly everyone is buying.

Actually, in my copy of the rant in the Chatterbox, I've had some 12 and 13 and 14 year olds post that they read the entire thing, even at their age. 3nodding And I've gotten some young girls around those same ages who've posted and said that they've changed their mind and decided to not have sex until they were older, after reading my rant. biggrin So some of the people who should read it are reading it, but you're right there have been some people who've admitted they didn't read all of it due to its length and have only skim read it, etc. xd

You should add a bit about safe sex, that is often never mentioned. Condoms fail! The manufacturers don't guaranty protection - there legal statement is it "reduces" the risk. Research from the CDC, also shows this.

Safe sex being taught is really Safe* sex (*a reduced risk). This means that with each risky event (sex) safety is reduced. Further, because the failure is viewed (for a research point of view) as random - the failure could be your first time (or any time after).

If you are interested, look at the CDC (site) following the research & researcher link, not the public presentation links.

Basilia Ann E

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:10 am
Basilia Ann E

You should add a bit about safe sex, that is often never mentioned. Condoms fail!

The fact that condoms aren't 100% effective is actually mentioned all the time! It says it right on the condom box. And Niko did explain it in some detail in the condom sticky here http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=4570141 No method of birth control is 100% effective and no method claims to be. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 am
I also wanted to add that this rant was written 5 years ago, when the guild was first started. So some of it is outdated, and some things aren't mentioned because I was just ranting on a general level. If I could go back and re-write it (and I might!), then I would definitely add more information about things like condoms and whatnot. 3nodding  

Nikolita
Captain

Announcements/What's New In The Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas