Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Quotient Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hezaa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:40 pm
Nuri

If its small, don't worry about. We're talking about the huge ones.

smile Thats good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:33 pm
Hooray! I got around 30 (I'm not sure about how much I get for books...I've checked so many out from the library that I can't remember them all!). I feel redeemed from my fluffy past biggrin  

Innocent Alice

godhi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:23 am
Deoridhe
The Fluffy Quotient is a numerological way to define when I start writing off what another individual is saying. In every religion, some morons must float, and over the years I've developed a technique for sniffing out the fluffiest ones and ignoring them. This can also work for determining if a book or author is reputable. Additions will be gratefully accepted if I agree with you.

You aren't a total twink until you go under zero, and everyone starts with 10 points.

My Fluffy Quotient:
+2 for every scholarly book owned and read
-1 for every "trendy" animal guide (e.g. wolf, panther, raven, etc...)
+3 if individual admits to not knowing everything
+1 if personal beliefs not supported by literature are specifically mentioned as unsupported
+1 if individual refers to a scholarly work or historical document
-1 for every time individual insults a member of another religion
+2 if individual has successfully run several religious gatherings
+1 for every question asked about another religion
-1 for every claim that the individual knows another religion better than a practitioner of that religion does (individual must not be of the same religion as the practitioner)

cheshire23's additions (from LJ)
+1 for one or two subtle, small pieces of jewelry that don't scream "LOOK AT ME! I'M A WITCH!" but are nevertheless meaningful to someone who knows what to look for.
+2 for respectfully disagreeing with a person's statement without attacking the person.

My score is 42, but that's because I own at least a dozen scholarly works and wear a silver Thor's Hammer that is just over an inch in length but is not terribly flashy. My so-called "trendy"animal guides (actually my fetch spirits) are a wolf and a hawk, but that's because my patron deities are Odin and Freyja.
As far as the other negative points are concerned, I occasionally insult members of those religions who make it a point to insult my intelligence, i.e. most "fluffy bunny" Wiccans, teenage satanists & devil worshipers, and neo-Nazi tyes who use Asatru and Norse religion to justify their racists views. In regard to claiming that I know another religion better than a practitioner of that religion does, I've studied magic, mysticism, and the occult for more than 20 years, and in some cases I really do know more about their religion! Of course, I don't mention this unless the person in question makes some statement about their religion that is obviously false--which nine times out of ten is either a Wiccan claiming their religion is "10,000 years old" or other such nonsense.
**holds up hand** Yes, I'm guilty of these crimes against Paganism... but it was all with good intentions!
Of course, we know what road good intention are paved with... wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:49 pm
I scored 33... but I think it should have been lower. Considering the things my friends and I have said about a few christians from time to time. sweatdrop  

Dice Witch

Shinji-Katawane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:56 pm
Just Deo's I end up being around 27 or so. A few of the things I was not sure what to use so I guessed.

Adding Tristes I end up with 34 so I guess I am less of a "fluffy" now then I thought.

I guess reading 4 good books can really change your knowlage.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:53 am
What's wrong with Kali?

Haven't counted yet, too early in the morning, will do so shortly.  

xsparkledovex

Eyeliner 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:09 am
I'm well above zero, even though my spirit guide's a black panther. I'm not ashamed of that, so don't bother flaming me, alright?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:42 am
bluewolfcub
What's wrong with Kali?

Haven't counted yet, too early in the morning, will do so shortly.

Nothing is wrong with Kali, but saying Kali is a kind, gentle, nurturing Goddess is plenty wrong  

Pantos

Reijin-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:23 pm
Nuri
hezaa
::now feels self-conscious about her little pewter pentacle:: gonk

Should I not wear it anymore? Is it too tacky? I always thought that it was like a Catholic wearing a cross.

I got a 15, mainly because I've done most of my research on the internet and from talkign to people. redface

If its small, don't worry about. We're talking about the huge ones.

Exactly. Make a fist. Now look at it. Yes, there are pentacles larger than that. Yes, people wear them. Daily. Don't be one of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:57 pm

My Score, starting with ten:

Quote:

-1 for every natural object name (e.g. animal, mineral, jewel) in the person's public name (what they introduce themselves as or are published as)
+1 for every normal or boring past life
+1 if individual holds down a job, maintains a passing GPA in school, or is a stay-at-home parent
-1 for every claim that the individual knows another religion better than a practitioner of that religion does (individual must not be of the same religion as the practitioner)
+1 for being an honor student, or for holding the SAME job for more than two years. (Over the +1 for has job or acceptable GPA or is stay-at-home parent)
+2 for respectfully disagreeing with a person's statement without attacking the person.
+2 for knowing when to walk away from a "discussion"...and doing so without fanfare.
- 3 For using any variation of the phrase 'Wiccans can't go to hell because they don't believe in one.'
- 1 For Excessive use of the phrase 'So mote it be.'
- 6 for pointing out that there are 'constant contradictions' in the bible.
- 3 For every time you say that all beliefs are equally valid.
+ 2 if you are willing to admit that the prejudice against you is not so bad, or even nonexistant.
+ 2 if you are a female and worship a God, or a male and worship a goddess.
+ 1 for every year you've studied your religion. (+3)

So, that's a big fat 15. Ouch. >.x *twitch* Will. Not. Justify. Minuses. *twitch*

Meghiliz

Reijin-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:24 am
Meghiliz

My Score, starting with ten:

Quote:

-1 for every natural object name (e.g. animal, mineral, jewel) in the person's public name (what they introduce themselves as or are published as)
+1 for every normal or boring past life
+1 if individual holds down a job, maintains a passing GPA in school, or is a stay-at-home parent
+1 for being an honor student, or for holding the SAME job for more than two years. (Over the +1 for has job or acceptable GPA or is stay-at-home parent)
+2 for knowing when to walk away from a "discussion"...and doing so without fanfare.
- 3 For using any variation of the phrase 'Wiccans can't go to hell because they don't believe in one.'
- 1 For Excessive use of the phrase 'So mote it be.'
- 6 for pointing out that there are 'constant contradictions' in the bible.
- 3 For every time you say that all beliefs are equally valid.
+ 2 if you are willing to admit that the prejudice against you is not so bad, or even nonexistant.
+ 2 if you are a female and worship a God, or a male and worship a goddess.
+ 1 for every year you've studied your religion. (+3)

So, that's a big fat 15. Ouch. >.x *twitch* Will. Not. Justify. Minuses. *twitch*

It's ok. There are plenty of ways to increase your quotient.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:32 am
30 points is good for a person learning about Wicca, right?  

Kayle_Leoven

Ultima the High Seraph

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:54 am
47/10  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:40 pm
wow, all together i got an 11...i need to do some studing...BUT. i can't get a job right now for med. reasons...so...that one isn't my fault. i also got docked for my 'fluffy' days back in high school, i'm working on being honest with myself xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:50 pm
stare I guess I'm fluffy. Who would have thought.

Anyway- to add my two cents:

+3 if you do not call an Occult Bookshop owner a friend without ever being invited to their home.

+2 If you do not label your gods with one word descriptors.

+2 If you understand that just because a holiday has it's roots in an older tradition, that it doesn't make it the same holiday.

+1 If you understand that modern tech is not the worst thing in the universe and money is not the root of all evil

+1 If you acknowledge that "magical" herbs in cultures were a function of medicine and not spirituality.

-1 If you assert to be a part of a religion, and the only reason you can offer is "because I say I am."

-3 If you think "The Runes" are Celtic.

-2 If you claim to be anything other than human.

-1 If you if you have ever used a "gypsy" spell. stare  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces