Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sushi!

Back to Guilds

Roleplaying, contests, tektek, pictures and more! 

Tags: Sushi, talking hats, crazy sporks, roleplay, sushiness 

Reply Writer's corner and contests
[The Collaboration] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You there! You're primarily a ____ for this story.
  Writer!
  Reader!
  Hater!
View Results

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:17 pm
"I, it seems familiar, but... But no I don't understand." Cadence said looking at the strange amethysts again.

She seemed as if she couldn't stop looking at the paradise world of darkness she saw. For a moment it was almost as if she could see Ivarine there in the shadows. She shook her head and looked back up that the cheif.

"What...Do you know what the amethysts means?" She asked.

Farle almost slapped her for the indecency she was showing the cheif, but he let it go considering she was welcome there. He had to admit he was curious too.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am
The Chief's mouth quirked in dry amusement at the question, "How should I have any idea? Your people was never the kind to share many secrets. My best guess is that the amethysts linked the tribe together somehow, but other than that, I have no farther speculations."

He rose from the chair and inclined his head at Cadence and Farle, continuing, "You are welcome to rest here before moving on to your next destination. Latices, attend to them please." With that and a last glance at Cadence with an unfathomable expression in his dark eyes, the Chief left the room.

Cadence had opened her mouth to ask another question, but shut it again and bowed toward the Chief, murmuring a soft "Thank you." As soon as he had left though, she held up the trinket again trying to sift through the black abyss of her mind to find any sort of recognition. None came, but a deep-set instinct told her that she should put the amethyst on.

Latices had stopped moving when he noticed Cadence studying the charm again, now he stood watching the events unfold from the archway. Farle stared at his friend in surprise, instead of wearing the amethyst around her neck like he expected, Cadence was weaving its silvery chain into her hair. Curiosity eventually made his tongue work, "What are you doing?"  

Vanish_Mist

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:45 pm
"I'm putting it on Farle. Would you rather me not?" Cadence asked hesitating with putting it on any furthur.

"No it's fine, I was just... Isn't it a necklace?" Farle asked with a slight sound of irritation in his voice.

"I don't believe so." Cadence said a bit defencive.

Latices steped forward in front of Cadence as if he was trying to protect her from any thing that Farle might do. Not knowing their relationship that well he wasn't sure about Farle's temper.

"Latices what are you doing?" Cadence and Farle asked together their tempers wanning.

"Protecting you for the prophecy.... It's my job as long as you stay here." Latices said seemingly confused.

Cadence looked at Farle and the shrugged and continued to put the charm in her hair. Farled laughed a little and then continued to walk towards where Latices was taking them at first.

"We should probably get going." Farle said.

Cadnece nodded and as soon as the charm was in her hair and walked over to Farle. Latices was seemingly shocked, but continued to show them the way to where they would be staying for the night.

((He wouldn't it be cool if like Latices went with them? Cept like he didn't tell anyone, so he's kinda like a runaway? Just a thought.))  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:56 pm
((Ahem...because Julie won't stop bugging until I post the picture. Here's a quick sketch of what I imagined Cadence's appearance as. I might elaborate a bit more once her description is more detailed.))

http://fav.me/d45kdja

((Additional note: The marking on Cadence's face was a detail I added to explain how the Children recognized her so easily.))  

Illuminate Shadows

11,250 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:10 pm
((I Like it. Just needs color lolx. smile )  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:49 pm
((Oo! I love it! I love your drawing style! And I see you use deviant art as well!

@Sabrina--I like what you're thinking with Latices joining them. Hrm. Ulterior motives.))

-------
The cushion was too plushy and the chair too rigid, Ivarine decided, sitting down at dinner. But she bit her temper and swept her skirts around to sit as comfortably on the ivory throne as she could.

Once their monarchs were seated, servants marched in from the door and presented the dishes. The dark lord waved for the servants to leave and the King and Queen of Shadows dined in silence, every tap of the silverwear echoing off the high ceilings. Ivarine was beginning to wonder when the former lady of shadows--she had decided to name her Amber for her eyes--would speak to her when the King spoke:

"You seem to be adjusting well to your new role, my dear."

Ivarine resisted the urge to hex him and instead replied with the only-appropriate bitterness, "Ice and shadow were my elements before. The shadow is amplified now, but I'll adapt."

He seemed unable to respond except for a "Is that so?" and they continued in silence.

A clever lie. Your ice is dark-colored, and your memories are...dismal enough to avoid arousing suspicion.

"So now you speak,"
Ivarine thought to the voice. She forked a strange-looking purple jelly, decided she liked it and helped herself to more. "You were going to tell me something as we ate."

Yes...I must have you know these before you proceed:
First, the Dark Lord can do many things, but among them is not ____"
----------

At Farle and Cadence's reassurance, Latices retired to the chamber next to theirs. It was a spacious room, with three screens that led to three sleeping-chambers.

"The prophecy said she would come with two guards," Latices had explained. Cadence had nearly dissolved into tears at that.

Latices had come briefly with dinner some few minutes ago. Cadence had opted to stay in her room and by the sound of it she was either sobbing or trying out the strange faucets Latices had said was for washing feet and hands. Farle shrugged and chowed down, suddenly ravenous.

"Cadence--it's pretty good, are you sure you don't want any?"

"I'm-fine!", she called through sniffles.

"Yep, she's crying," he muttered before taking another loaf of soup-filled bread.

Suddenly a crash sounded in the commons area outside their room and down the hall. Farle dropped the food mid-bite and snagged his sword, hearing ____

((Just to keep some action going wink ))

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vanish_Mist

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm
((YES!!! heart you twin!

@ Lady Archangel + Your Last Wish: Are there any good digital coloring programs? Cause Yuki's going to make me color her pictures after she finishes them and I would prefer coloring the pics on the computer.))

"Yes...I must have you know these before you proceed:
First, the Dark Lord can do many things, but among them is not the ability to fully control shadows like you do. That is why he so valiantly seeks a Shadow Queen with that ability strongly present in her powers, but because he does not possess the ability to use shadows, he fears the shadows as well."
Amber paused here allowing Ivarine to jump in with an imaptient reply.

Is that why he took such precaution to restrict my abilities with that gold bracelet? Ivarine felt, rather than saw Amber's smile.

May I continue without further interuptions please? When Ivarine didn't say anything, the voice continued,That is the most important thing to keep in mind. The second thing is that now that he thinks that you have been converted, or at least partially converted, he will ask you to use your powers when he needs it. If you wish to refuse, choose your words with the upmost care. If the Dark Lord gets even the slightest idea that you are not tainted yet, plans will get very complicated. Ivarine continued eating as she absorbed the advice, But what-

Her question was cut off as cold fingers touched her face, tracing her cheek lightly. Acting on instinct, Ivarine slapped the hand away recoiling from the sudden contact. She looked up to see the amused, black eyes of the King watching her; swallowing the furious words welling up at the back of her throat, Ivarine apologized somewhat stiffly, "Please do not touch my face without warning, your Majesty, years of living on the run has made me wary of contact to my head and neck area." She readjusted the heavy necklace as servents came in and took the empty dishes away.
-------------------------------------------------

Farle dropped the food mid-bite and snagged his sword, hearing the cries of surprise that echoed off the underground walls, Latices wasn't far behind him. Cadence had reappeared at the archway to her room and was following the two boys, still sniffling and attempting to stop her everflowing tears. Shooting arrows through blurry eyes was never a very good idea.

((Oh! And Yuki thanks you guys for the compliments biggrin ))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:36 pm
((Thanks for complimenting xd ! Julie said all this for me already didn't she? stare Oh well, wanted to say thanks in person. Does Ivarine have long hair or short? Julie thinks its long hair but I see her with more shoulder-length hair.))  

Illuminate Shadows

11,250 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:00 pm
((I always pictured her with long-ish hair. Like the length you drew her at. (I always think of shoulder-length at like barely grazing the shoulders :/) I don't think it was ever formally mentioned though.

As for a coloring program...well, I always use Photoshop, but I hear Corel Painter is pretty good. Paint....some people can do amazing stuff on. I'm not one of them, so I wouldn't know. But overall...Photoshop heart ))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:53 am
((Photoshop as in the website? Or is it a downloadable program? Thanks for the suggestions whee ))  

Vanish_Mist

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:44 am
((program smile

Anyone know how to continue?))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:32 pm
((I don't know any. Ummm I pictured her with like longer hair.))

Cadence's lack of consentration and blurry vison caused one of her arrows to penetrate Farle's left shoulder. She didn't notice and just kepts shooting.

"AH!" Farle cried out in pain. Still trying to fight off the attackers with only one arm and his sword, he made his way to Cadence doddging her arrows on the way. He grabbed her shoulder with his one good arm.

"Cadence! You shot me! Listen if you can't see or focus, then it'd be safer for you and everyone here if you left and went back to your room." Farle said.

"I'm fine Farle, but we need to get out of here... There's too many ____ coming."

Latices was near them when he heard their conversation. "I, I know a way out, but you have to take me with you." Latices said looking at them.  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Illuminate Shadows

11,250 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:51 pm
((You could just use GIMP Julie. Being the digital wizard girl you are you could probably figure it out. xp JK, JK, but seriously, I think GIMP would work.))

"I'm fine Farle, but we need to get out of here... There's too many of these...what did Ivarine call them? Earth shadows coming."

Latices was near them when he heard their conversation. "I, I know a way out, but you have to take me with you." Latices said looking at them. Cadence and Farle both turned to stare at him.

"Why do you wish to come?" Farle asked, suspicion lightly tinging his voice, Cadence nodded in agreement to Farle's question. Why would Latices want to come? He didn't even know them very well! A chalky brown shadow lashed out at them, sludge dripping off of its amorphous shape, Cadence promptly shot it down with a high note then whipped around to yell at Farle.

"Think it over! I'll try to hold them off long enough for you to reach a decision." Cadence advised, turning back to the battle with her bow ready. She didn't know it, but her normally blue-gray eyes were glazing over with a silvery-purple sheen and the charm in her hair was reacting to the change, giving off its own silvery light.

~...we are with you, always with you... The hallways suddenly came alive with soft murmuring.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:53 pm
((oh yea, GIMP! I forgot about that one lol)

Cadence whirled at another earth shadow in the hall, loosing a low note at its base. She had only intended to blow a hole in the sludge, but instead the entire chamber seemed to crush around it, arching and converging onto that point.

What! I--did I do that? She didn't have time to speculate further as the smothered shadow's companions charged at her, enraged. She

Latices was trying to explain something to Farle, but over the din of Children escaping and the recent explosion--which quite literally blew them away--Farle heard nothing.

"What?" he screamed, climbing back to his feet.

"I...Cadence...duty...Prophecy...blood!"

"I can't hear you!" Farle swung his sword wildly around and Latices jabbed a shadow with a handy spear.

"This way!"

Farle saw rather than heard Latices and called to Cadence, who had eliminated most of the ones in the hall. By now the few warriors at the camp had been alerted and were rushing in. Cadence shot a desperate look back into the fray and scrambled after Farle and Latices.

Amid the shaking rock the three made their way to quieter halls. Farle was panting and sweat beaded his hair, but his two companions dashed onwards still. The amethyst had stopped glowing, and as she ran her eyes returned to their usual shade.

Finally, Latices stopped at a seemingly dead end and inhaled deeply before speaking. "Now. Will you let me join you?"

"No way! What--back there--what just happened!" Farle managed between gasps.

"Earth shadows," Cadence repeated.

"An attack," Latices said at the same time. He continued: "It is strange indeed. The elemental shadows are lost spirits that bind with nature and walk the land. The Children usually live at peace with them, and only on occasion have we had to hunt them...never have they attacked a camp bef--" He cut off suddenly, staring at Cadence's face with a mixture of shock and worry.

"...Is something wrong? You were saying the spirits..."

Latices opened his mouth to speak, changed his mind and closed it again and shook his head. "It's nothing."

"What's wrong with--whoa"

"Why are you both staring at me like that?" she cried, shrinking back.

"Cadence--" Farle stammered. "Your marking..it's--well, it was glowing for a moment."

"This?" she touched the black marks that covered half her face. "Glowing?"

"No worries," Latices spoke up. "It must be reacting with the amethyst charm. The legends say the marking of the aos si glow around certain items or gateways. We're standing by one of them now, so that explains the glow."

"Right. Now. Um. About that gateway. Let's get out of here, shall we?" Farle said, sheathing his sword again and wiping sweat from his brow.

"My request stands."

Farle groaned. "And my question does too. Why do you want to come with us so badly?"

"___"  

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vanish_Mist

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm
"I tried to explain to you back there," Latices gestured back toward the hallways where the battle was, "the first reason is that the prophecy states that she will have two companions with her and right now, she only has one. The other is that you will need a guide to get out of these mountains in order to avoid the less...peaceable creatures dwelling around."

Farle furrowed his eyebrows in thought, muttering, "Well, there were two..." Cadence's eyes immediately started to well up again at that, "but we do need a guide, I suppose..." He paced the hallway for a few seconds before coming to his decision, "Ok. Fine. You can come with us, but do refrain from stating the prophecy constantly, it bugs Cadence." Latices nodded agreement and seemingly vanished into the wall of the dead end. Cadence followed suit, leaving Farle standing there.

~Ivarine, where did you go? He wondered before following his companions into the portal.  
Writer's corner and contests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff