Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Saying the word "fa**ot" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Sarah IT Girl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 pm
ty! I love simple cute avatars.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:20 pm
Toffee Sock Scissor Betch
A bunch of sticks, said sticks being used to fuel the flames to burn homosexuals alive...
I don't like or use this word at all. neutral

Exactly, in the witch burning era, clergy would throw people who were thought to be homosexuals on the flames to help keep the fire going. Hence, calling a person a f*gg*t, is kind of sickening to me....whether they are homosexual or not. sweatdrop  

StefiKittie

Rainbow Worshipper

11,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200

Shikyo Tsuki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:05 am
StefiKittie
Toffee Sock Scissor Betch
A bunch of sticks, said sticks being used to fuel the flames to burn homosexuals alive...
I don't like or use this word at all. neutral

Exactly, in the witch burning era, clergy would throw people who were thought to be homosexuals on the flames to help keep the fire going. Hence, calling a person a f*gg*t, is kind of sickening to me....whether they are homosexual or not. sweatdrop
User Image

Yes, it particularly bothers me when people try and use it and 'gay' as an insult or synonymous with a negative. Eg "That's so Gaaayyy that you are grounded." That does not make any sense what so ever.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:49 pm
I don't care about he word unless someone purposely uses it as an insult to me and my fellow gays
then I just turn and say 'You know your calling them a bundle of sticks used to start fires right?' which usually shuts them up

Agatsuma_Soubi_san

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:17 pm
f*****t just seems like such a, harsh, mean word.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:28 pm
Me and my LGBT friends always say "f*****t". To us, words are words, and they shouldn't be able to hurt you.

Deleteasaurus

Super Sarah IT Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:59 pm
Deleteasaurus
Me and my LGBT friends always say "f*****t". To us, words are words, and they shouldn't be able to hurt you.

Well, you should respect the fact that some people do NOT like the word, and don't say it around them unless you know they're ok with how you use it. It's just not something that should be said out loud in earshot of anybody who is not privy to your group.

Personally, I don't like it being used almost ever. There were a few rare spots where I didn't feel offended, but it was used during stand up comedy, by a comedian who didn't give off the vibe of an ignorant hick.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:08 pm
Super Sarah IT Girl
Deleteasaurus

Well, you should respect the fact that some people do NOT like the word, and don't say it around them unless you know they're ok with how you use it. It's just not something that should be said out loud in earshot of anybody who is not privy to your group.

Personally, I don't like it being used almost ever. There were a few rare spots where I didn't feel offended, but it was used during stand up comedy, by a comedian who didn't give off the vibe of an ignorant hick.

We don't say it around those who if offends. And if we accidentally do, we apologize to them.
I used to be offended by words. But after a while things like words stopped fazing me.

Deleteasaurus

Minasia

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:51 pm
Deleteasaurus
We don't say it around those who if offends. And if we accidentally do, we apologize to them.
I used to be offended by words.

This is pretty much the feeling my friends and I have towards the proverbial "f" word. It doesn't bother a lot of us, though, and we honestly don't care. The first time it was thrown around I felt awkward because I was sure that someone would ragequit or something.

I guess it really just depends on your perception of things and what you've been through. <:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:16 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw
Parallels?

Language is a symptom.  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200

The Poetic Criminal

Dapper Entrepreneur

3,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 am
I really find using that term (as an insult or even just mentioning it) is quite offensive and prejudice
I AM WILLIAM AND I SUPPORT LGBT  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:53 pm
I'm ashamed to admit this, but as much as I like to think I'm making good progress on accepting gay people, I still use the words "gay", "f**", and "f*****t" negatively, usually when I'm gaming. I don't actually think about it when I do it either, which makes it really hard to come to terms with. I don't imagine gay people when I say these things, I just say something foul when I feel cheated.

I once saw a movie with Adam Sandler in it, the name of which I can't remember, where he took his black friend to the movies and ordered tickets for "One adult, one f*****t". When his friend objected to this, he said that he shouldn't care, since he knew what he was and so to him it was just a funny word. I'm not sure how anyone else feels about this, but in my opinion it would be great if it got to being just a funny sounding word.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Ryoko Earth

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:16 pm
At first, I was offended as well, then I thought about it. You use words as insults as well, that have real meaning. You shouldn't be offended at it. People say "Don't use gay as an insult" then turn aroud and say things like retard, idiot, b*****d, things that have real meaning just as much as f*****t, or gay, or dyke does.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:52 am
HATE it. Never use it.  

xXx_SidxVicious_xXx

Liberal Lunatic

Hugel

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:07 am
And a 'f**' is something you put in between your lips and light it, and laugh about second hand smoke.

Funny how words like f*****t and gay have so many meanings and changed over the years.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff