Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What is Reiki Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist

My first teacher said she was a mix of different ones when I saw her years ago. I asked her to send me the certificate that I never got and she also said she could tell me what lineage if it wasn't in the handbook she gave me. I forgot to check it. I'll have to email her. sweatdrop
I look forward to reading it.

Thread necro. ninja

I did get a response from the woman who did my level 1 attunement, and hers traced back to Rand. I think I might've deleted it because it was from a year ago. The person who did my second attunement also traced back to Rand. I don't have the lineage tree on me but when I get home I could post it. Is the attunement itself compromised if Rand was a source of the teachings?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:33 pm
Sophist

I did get a response from the woman who did my level 1 attunement, and hers traced back to Rand. I think I might've deleted it because it was from a year ago. The person who did my second attunement also traced back to Rand. I don't have the lineage tree on me but when I get home I could post it. Is the attunement itself compromised if Rand was a source of the teachings?

I have reason to believe that Rand's lineage is invalid.
Because of a letter from one of the people in his lineage and her position on his methods, assertions and claims, I'm inclined not to associate with his tradition. It's an ethics issue for me.

He claims other initiations- ones have not been able to verify.

I cannot say that anyone initiated by Rand has an invalid lineage for simply being attuned in his tradition. There may have been other complications. What he is teaching may not be correctly considered Reiki. ~shrugs~  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:42 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist

I have reason to believe that Rand's lineage is invalid.
Because of a letter from one of the people in his lineage and her position on his methods, assertions and claims, I'm inclined not to associate with his tradition. It's an ethics issue for me.

He claims other initiations- ones have not been able to verify.

I cannot say that anyone initiated by Rand has an invalid lineage for simply being attuned in his tradition. There may have been other complications. What he is teaching may not be correctly considered Reiki. ~shrugs~

Is this letter freely available to read?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:40 pm
I can't say one way or another about what he is currently teaching, but (and I know I've mentioned it before) I received my Master/Teacher attunement from Rand in 2002 and at that time there wasn't anything that seemed fishy or that was not in keeping with what I had learned in regards to my earlier level attunements. I do know that he teaches more than one type of Reiki (as to how much he combines in his current classes, I really don't know).

He has multiple lineage, so even if one were not valid, I would think it would be hard to fake all of them (I could be wrong though).  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:37 pm
too2sweet
He has multiple lineage, so even if one were not valid, I would think it would be hard to fake all of them (I could be wrong though).
Here's the thing. Faking a lineage isn't difficult.

The letter is a good example of how some of this stuff was done by Rand.
Rand also has had a habit of presenting other healing energy work as Reiki my Reiki Master has told me in regards to another tradition Rand claims to be an initiate of. This may simply be an error on his part though- akin to someone not being able to say- taste the difference between High Mountain and Emerald Lily green tea.

Sophist

Is this letter freely available to read?

Quote:
"We have met in New Mexico. This is Phyllis Furumoto. You came and attended a class of mine and we had a few conversations. Now I hear
that you have published a photo of you and I claiming this proof that
you were and are a student of mine. This is a misleading statement...
I feel you came to look me over, took away my words said in good faith
to you, and have used them to misrepresent my beliefs, my teachings,
and my relationship with you. This is not okay for me.... I do not
agree with your approach to the teaching of Reiki, nor do I enjoy the
feedback I receive regarding your conclusions from your "research."
Nevertheless you have some right to those, since I believe in the
freedom of a person to have their own path." Signed Phyllis Lei
Furumoto.

Citation

This is just one of the common sources.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:45 am
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
Do you think there's a possibility that getting Reiki healing would interfere in the biological elements of my transition from male to female?
Don't know. I don't know enough about the biology in question. In cases where there might be an adverse reaction, all of my traditions are in agreement as to how to proceed.

Body structure is slowly adjusted by exposure to foreign estrogen (sometimes synthetic, other times from other organisms, like horses) which prompts bodily development along a female path and the use of testosterone blockers cause features maintained by T to go back to neutral, as well as preventing the hormone from combating the effects of estrogen. The blockers are most definitely a foreign compound and do interfere with some bodily function, including the sex drive.

Laser hair removal and electrolysis both damage hair follicles permanently and stop hair growth.

Surgery takes the penile tissue and the scrotal tissue and uses them to construct a vulva, clitoris, and whatnot.

I dunno if that helps.

Quote:
Perform a limited session, check medication levels and how the patient is feeling. Monitor their reaction for a while personally (an hour or so is usually what I do) before you part and check in on them the next day. Try a longer session next time and repeat the monitoring.

If you're Second or Third Degree, do not use any inappropriate glyphs until you are reasonably sure that it is safe.

Okies. Thank you.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:11 pm
Unfortunately while my personal experience leans one way, it's far too limited a sample to be of any use.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:30 pm
Tea... At least as far as his lineage chart I don't see where he is claiming lineage (directly) from her. As to any statements he's made I honestly wouldn't know, and off the top of my head can't remember (it's been quite a while since I studied with him) if he said anything to that effect in class. (unless I'm reading that chat wrong)

I'm definitely disappointed that he has changed so much from when I met him. I remember being totally excited that I was going to have an opportunity to study with him. It's sad to think that he might have lied (or that is is possibly misleading people), as he didn't strike me (at least not at the time) as someone who would do that.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:47 pm
Is anyone familiar with this woman or some of the types of reiki she teaches? I mean...dolphin reiki? confused

http://awaken2light.webs.com/  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 am
Sophist
Is anyone familiar with this woman or some of the types of reiki she teaches? I mean...dolphin reiki? confused

The only one of these that is actually Reiki is Usui Reiki. I don't know her lineage, so I can't say if she is actually practicing Reiki or not.

That said- it's a little known fact that pretty much the only animal I hold an irrational fear of is Dolphins. ninja  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:08 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist

The only one of these that is actually Reiki is Usui Reiki. I don't know her lineage, so I can't say if she is actually practicing Reiki or not.

That said- it's a little known fact that pretty much the only animal I hold an irrational fear of is Dolphins. ninja

xd

May I ask why?

And thanks. I figured as much. She posted an ad for her online long distance reiki attunements on a Kemetic Reconstructionism page I made for fb and I wanted to see if her stuff was legit. The only thing that might have made it at all relevant was her Isis attunement. What is that supposed to be, by the way? She describes it has deep healing, but not the how or even what.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:14 am
Sophist
xd

May I ask why?
They're one of the few animals that engage in the kinds of systematic behaviors that label humans criminals, such as gang rape, factional murder and infanticide.

Quote:
And thanks. I figured as much. She posted an ad for her online long distance reiki attunements on a Kemetic Reconstructionism page I made for fb and I wanted to see if her stuff was legit. The only thing that might have made it at all relevant was her Isis attunement. What is that supposed to be, by the way? She describes it has deep healing, but not the how or even what.
She might have a valid healing system. It just isn't Reiki in the same way that the Unitarian Universalism isn't Catholicism.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:51 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist
xd

May I ask why?
They're one of the few animals that engage in the kinds of systematic behaviors that label humans criminals, such as gang rape, factional murder and infanticide.

...wow. eek

Quote:
Quote:
She might have a valid healing system. It just isn't Reiki in the same way that the Unitarian Universalism isn't Catholicism.

So just to make sure- she labels stuff as reiki when it is not reiki. How can something be a valid form of reiki besides the mainline Usui?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:16 pm
Sophist
TeaDidikai

So just to make sure- she labels stuff as reiki when it is not reiki.
Correct. And I made that analogy very intentionally.

Catholic means universal.
Often when we see people claiming to practice Reiki when it clearly isn't, their justification is that Rei + Ki means "Universal Healing Energy", and thus their healing system is Reiki.

Quote:
How can something be a valid form of reiki besides the mainline Usui?
By having an established lineage that maintains the attunement process and teachings of Reiki.

For example, Emerald Dragon Reiki and Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki are identical up to the extended applications that Emerald Dragon adds- which is an element of education designed for those who work with magical traditions to incorporate Reiki into their magic if they so choose.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces