Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/page/midsummerswirl

*smashes keyboard*

*kicks small child*

EDIT: OH LOOK, BACKWINGS. HOW LOVELY.

EDITv2: Also, way to leave the announcement up for like, 5 seconds Gaia. That's right, keep being the sneaky little bastards you are.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:45 pm
MMM
I SAW THAT TOO, BETSY.
THAT WAS SO FLUNK.
I clicked the announcement on my mule, that's how I saw it-
But when I logged on here, there was NOTHING.
Brrlrllrlrlblrlglghh!

Chaos Blue

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:49 pm
They still left it in the Community Announcements forum.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/cash-shop-update-enjoy-a-delicious-midsummer-swirl/t.51198571/

Do they really expect that not announcing it will keep the backlash down? DO THEY NOT REALIZE THAT HIDING IT WILL JUST MAKE THINGS WORSE?! HOW ON EARTH DO THEY THINK THAT'S A GOOD IDEA?!?!?

The stupidity of their marketing decisions astounds me sometimes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:51 pm
I found it one the home page when someone in a guild mentioned it since before I figured they took it down that it HAS to be on the home page. It was, if you click on the Community tab.

...oh look they made it on the rotating advertisement

Hikari Tokoyami

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:59 pm
I don't ever remember seeing the announcement for that RIG. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:10 pm
oh, hey look. It's back.  

Chaos Blue

Nanenna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 pm
The little bat wings seem fine to me, they match the little cupid wings in an opposites kind of way. (Though only as the wings, I still hate that it's in a RIG).

The golden wings though... I haven't been to SF yet and I'm a little afraid to.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:23 pm
Nanenna
The little bat wings seem fine to me, they match the little cupid wings in an opposites kind of way. (Though only as the wings, I still hate that it's in a RIG).

W-wait, which golden wings?  

UPC Betsy

Hikari Tokoyami

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:27 pm
UPC Betsy
Nanenna

W-wait, which golden wings?
From the phoenix, I can't remember the exact name. How I want it so badly crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:43 pm
HAY LOOK WHAT DEY DID AND GUESS WHAT OUR SUMMER GAMES R GOING 2 BE!?!?!?!?!?

yeah... I call bullshit. Pure, unfiltered bullshit.

One strike after another...  

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 pm
@Hikari: Yeah, i found the item with said wings. T crying T

Honestly, if it weren't for the bile fascination with Gaia's marketing decisions that keeps dragging me back here, then I would have left long ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:03 pm
Is there a form of the AAA for people addicted to RIGs? 'Cause Gaia's admins and staff need to start going. Badly.

The funniest thing about this though was that someone asked why they can't actually eat the food items, and a dev said, "Well, we wanted to have that be a part of a gold shop update." rofl  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 pm
Andromeda Phoenix
Is there a form of the AAA for people addicted to RIGs? 'Cause Gaia's admins and staff need to start going. Badly.

The funniest thing about this though was that someone asked why they can't actually eat the food items, and a dev said, "Well, we wanted to have that be a part of a gold shop update." rofl

Linx or it didn't happen.

Lol, seriously? That seems... absurd. But then, it's funny how angry people are. You'd think that Gaia would listen at least about not doing this stupid level s**t with the RIGs. Make them a on-click-that's-it item.

Ugh... and I'm going to be pissed if the "Marketing Team" (a.k.a. Screaming Hell Retard Squad) thinks this is going to pass for a summer event.

BULLCRAP.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:47 pm
Yamato1
Andromeda Phoenix

Lol, seriously? That seems... absurd. But then, it's funny how angry people are. You'd think that Gaia would listen at least about not doing this stupid level s**t with the RIGs. Make them a on-click-that's-it item.

Ugh... and I'm going to be pissed if the "Marketing Team" (a.k.a. Screaming Hell Retard Squad) thinks this is going to pass for a summer event.

BULLCRAP.

I certainly hope they haven't lost their minds to the point where a RIG would replace any annual Gaia event.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:52 pm
Yamato1
Andromeda Phoenix

BULLCRAP.

I'll see if I can find the quote then.
I want to know how they went from "Ok, we get that you hate the tiered RIGs, so we're gonna make RIGs more like a game" to "Here's your tiered RIG!" *rolls eyes* I'm beginning to think retarded people have the potential to run Gaia better than the staff we have now ever could. *walks off to that 'other avatar sites' thread*

I don't think this is the summer event, but I think they're being very stupid. Did they really think that releasing a 1 set gold shop update right before releasing a tiered RIG with quite a few good items was a good move to take? I don't know about these guys anymore.

Edit:
reapersun
We held back on making handhelds, actually, since those would be more awesome in an eventual gold shop update. I really want to make lots and lots of pixel food... gonk
from
here.  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas