Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Wand Making Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lysine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:02 pm
It's hard without glue, but you can use wire, twisted tightly around the stone and then onto the wand, or... I'm testing methods that don't use metal or glue, but none have really worked yet. .__.;; So that's no help. xP
There's one thing I'm trying next, wrapping like with the wire, but with thick strips of leather. I just need to get more materials and then I'll try that. Most of Technique 2 will probably be attaching stones and things, when I finally get it done. >>;;

Thanks! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:25 pm
Thanks Lysine, you've helped me make my own wand today. smile And even brought me close to my grandma again...lol she helped.  

Falhalterra

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:46 am
So today I was walking my dog, and I found a stick.
"Wand!" I exclaim, pick it up, and go home.
I cut the stick in half, because it's about three feet long.
After four hours of hard work, THEY EFFING BREAK IN HALF AS I'M SANDING THEM.

Dx

I think the Goddess was telling me I picked the wrong stick... :,D

My brother is gonna help me wand-hunt tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:05 am

Okay, so I finally got around to taking a snapshot of what will be my wand. I apologize for the crappy quality, since it was taken with my webcam, and even then I had to convert it to a jpg, resulting in the watermark. neutral

Regardless; here you can see the cool knot where it broke off the tree, and the cure just after where it fits beautifully into the palm of my hand. The rest of it is relatively unimportant.

Crappy picture

xAikaNoKurayami

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:01 pm
I did one by hand at first but then, the second time around, I embraced the 21st century and used a Dremmel tool. First time, two hours. Second time, half an hour.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:25 am
Here are my two holly wands

User Image  

krav majo

Sakakikala

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:05 pm
I read that some people don't like metal being in the circle. =/

I have an aluminum wand I made on a lathe at school*i finished all my work and had some spare time and i found the perfect peice in the scrap pile. It was basically screaming for me to take it and make it into my wand. (our teacher told us we could use ANY thing we found in the scrap pile)

It's not quite done. The metal was really long so I had to centerdrill the end of it(so when i was cutting the metal it wouldn't vibrate) so i'm probably going to put crystals in the ends.

but it using an aluminum wand ok? (or any metal?) I haven't finished it and I wanted to wait until I finished it before I do any work with it so I don't know how this could affect any Magick I perform but still.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games