Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rodyn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:06 pm
Emperor Zekk
I've read outcast and omen. They are really pretty good.

I disagree. The post-RotJ went downhill for me once I read Revelation. And now the books are following the same trend. One of three things happens to the Jedi every five or so years:

1) They send themselves into exile
2) They get in trouble with the government
3) They get stuck in some major-a** war.

And what's with the two Sith societies on Korriban and the other planet no one cares about? Talk about breaking G-canon.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:09 am
Rodyn
Emperor Zekk

I disagree. The post-RotJ went downhill for me once I read Revelation. And now the books are following the same trend. One of three things happens to the Jedi every five or so years:

And what's with the two Sith societies on Korriban and the other planet no one cares about? Talk about breaking G-canon.

The books themselves are good. i said nothing about the addition to the star wars universe. anyway. I COMPLETELY agree with number three. Im sort of getting tired of the war after war deal. yes, its a messed up universe, but SERIOUSLY?? what happened to the thousand years of peace in the Old Republic when the GA cant handle five years without a galactic crisis???  

Emperor Zekk

Rodyn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:36 am
Emperor Zekk
Rodyn
Emperor Zekk

The books themselves are good. i said nothing about the addition to the star wars universe. anyway. I COMPLETELY agree with number three. Im sort of getting tired of the war after war deal. yes, its a messed up universe, but SERIOUSLY?? what happened to the thousand years of peace in the Old Republic when the GA cant handle five years without a galactic crisis???

Yeah, apparently a lot of authors don't realize that Jedi aren't just warriors in major wars. They deal with internal government issues as well. I want to see lesser-known Jedi doing missions like they're supposed to. Dealing with pirates that raid trading vessels, terrorist cells on various GA worlds, rooting out corrupt government officials, arresting crime lords attempting to achieve greater power. Those are the problems that Jedi are supposed to do, not fight war after war.

Hell, soldiers can still be given things to do during peacetime, generally the same stuff I mentioned for Jedi. They'd make interesting stories, I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:27 pm
I just hoped everyone would get a break after the vong war.  

stellarmagic

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:32 pm
Jaden_Ordo
I only play it for the Space battles. It helps my strategy.

This is why no one can beat me as an Admiral in our RPs. I don't suffer from 2 dimensional thinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:22 pm
stellarmagic
Jaden_Ordo
I only play it for the Space battles. It helps my strategy.

This is why no one can beat me as an Admiral in our RPs. I don't suffer from 2 dimensional thinking.

Shenanigans. You fought, what, 2-3 people? And you have yet to actually battle me and win.
Jedi Master Stryder and his battlefleets would have given your legacy era commander quite the rude awakening.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 am
Well I haven't faced you yet, but I think we've established that EAW is the worst strategic combat sim ever made for Star Wars.

If you want Star Wars epic strategy, go play rebellion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 am
Or find an alternate solution that doesn't involve computers.

What I'm saying is that when you say
Quote:
This is why no one can beat me as an Admiral in our RPs.

It is an untrue statement. You have yet to battle me and a handful of others who have dabbled in fleet combat. Thus you can not say that "No one can beat me as an admiral in our RPs" because you haven't beaten everyone.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 am
Alright I should have said this:

No one has beaten me yet as an Admiral in our RPs...

That's a true statement, mostly because I've only faced EK and what's his name... The idiot with his "impenetrable fortress".

We should do a no holds barred Legacy Era campaign again... At least that had activity.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:25 am
There you go. though by the same token, I am also undefeated.

BS on the no holds barred thing, though. Theres only so much I'm going to allow get away.

And Mr. Superfort's name was Paulthewolf.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Emperor Zekk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:53 am
I completely agree!! There are way too many wars. The Jedi can't even perform their base duty: keeping the peace. It's quite ridiculous how many wars the Jedi have been involved in in so little time.
Rodyn
Emperor
Zekk
Rodyn
Emperor Zekk

Yeah, apparently a lot of authors don't realize that Jedi aren't just warriors in major wars. They deal with internal government issues as well. I want to see lesser-known Jedi doing missions like they're supposed to. Dealing with pirates that raid trading vessels, terrorist cells on various GA worlds, rooting out corrupt government officials, arresting crime lords attempting to achieve greater power. Those are the problems that Jedi are supposed to do, not fight war after war.

Hell, soldiers can still be given things to do during peacetime, generally the same stuff I mentioned for Jedi. They'd make interesting stories, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:38 am
Let's see... The Jedi train to wield insanely dangerous weapons, taught how to fight, and kill, when needed, they have lightsaber forms specifically meant to overwhelm an opponent with raw power, they usually lead the forces in times of battle, and they seem to be mercenary muscle for whatever faction they decide closest agrees with their own ideals.

I'm having a little trouble dinstinguishing a Jedi from a warlord and a Sith here...  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Emperor Zekk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:08 pm
You make a good point. however, a jedi's main goal is peace. A sith or warlord just wants power. And the jedi were pretty much forced to come up with those rather aggressive forms. It was either come up with something to compete with the enemy, or be wiped out and leave the galaxy in war. it was a choice they probably weren't happy to make, but decided it was best for the galaxy. true, they side with those who seem to be closest to their ideals, but the jedi also keep in mind when choosing sides on who will be most likely to achieve peace and keep it. they think about these things before making a decision and try to do the best thing for the galaxy. in times of war, they lead forces because the Force is with them and often helps them make better decisions faster than a non-Force user. Not all the time of course, but usually.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Yes jedi train to use lightsabers, but you're all missing a fundamental part of their nature. Their a monastic order... I'd like to see them go back to their roots and spend a bit more time meditating upon the meaning of the universe and a lot less time swinging swords. Lets face it, Jedi are warrior monks... everyone forgets the monk part and how rarely warrior monks lend their abilities to others except in their own defense.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:07 pm
So, apparantly the Legacy saga is coming to an end.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff