Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:42 am
chibi_chan
Yeah, it is.
I thought since you wrote that scary sound all the time, I could hear it too.

We are oftopic again... xp lol

Pish Posh.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:44 am
How about we post our nonsense in the commonroom and great hall?  

chibi_chan
Crew

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:49 am
chibi_chan
How about we post our nonsense in the commonroom and great hall?

Good thinking number 6  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:50 am
number 6? oh well.
*goes to the great hall*  

chibi_chan
Crew

ElegantSarcasm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:55 pm
Mugglenet has an impressive list of mistakes, many of which I'd never noticed. One of them was that Harry was told to buy One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi but later, he looks up "dittany" in One Hundred Magical Herbs and Fungi. Perhaps there are multiple versions of the book that get updated...who knows. For now, I'm assuming it's a mistake. I haven't actually found this one, but I've never looked very hard for it, either.

Anyway, if you should so choose to peruse their lists, they can be found here: http://www.mugglenet.com/books/mistakes/index.shtml  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:25 pm
In the Chamber of Secrets, when Percy sees Ron by the girl's bathroom, in one of the sentences, his name is spelled "Perry".  

Lepidus Light

Oh snaps.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:22 pm
Lepidus Light
In the Chamber of Secrets, when Percy sees Ron by the girl's bathroom, in one of the sentences, his name is spelled "Perry".

I totally found that and posted it in the other mistakes thread... xD

I <3 Perry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:26 pm
Book five: Harry saw his parents die. So therefore, he should have been able to see the Thestrals all along, not just after he saw Cedric die.  

Spastic waffles

Spencera Luvli

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:38 pm
Spastic waffles
Book five: Harry saw his parents die. So therefore, he should have been able to see the Thestrals all along, not just after he saw Cedric die.
Good thought, but wasn't he blinded by the flash of green light when his mum died? Plus, she was shielding him when his dad died.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:19 pm
Shimoya
Dumbledore's opening speeches get shorter every year. Some years he forgets about mentioning the forest and other times he does etc.

J.K. Rowling probably thought it would be too boring to read the same speech in every book. We can just assume that he mentioned that the forest was out of bounds.  

~I Love Mr Walrus~

Spastic waffles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:28 pm
Oh, I had seen one, it was just a minor mistake in POA, they forgot to close one of Lupin's quotes. I don't have my book with me so I can't give it exactly.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:39 pm
~Randomnality~
J.K. can't always be perfect. Post the mistakes that you know about and or found out.

Here's a couple:

Every year, students board the Hogwarts Express on September 1, and the next day when their classes start, it's always a Monday. How can September 2 be a Monday EVERY year?

I just told my Dad about that theory. He said that once you have boarded the Hogwarts Express you are entering a magical land right? Where staircases move around. Therefore why can't days of the week move around? Yes, I know, it is a completly different thing but days of the week could become different.  

~I Love Mr Walrus~

~I Love Mr Walrus~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:52 pm
In The Philosopher's Stone Pg 205 during the chess match, it said that Ron was the knight in the giant chess set. However, it later said that he had to 'move ahead one' so the Queen could take him, opening the path for Harry to checkmate the king. If he was a knight, then he wouldn't be able to only move forward 1 square.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:27 pm
Good eyes. But like you said, nobody is perfect.  

senior senior

Spastic waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:28 pm
On page 89 of the american edition of GOF, it says "'Cheers!' Said George, taking the slip of parchment Bagman handed him and tucking it away into the front of his robes." They're at the Quidditch World Cup--He wouldn't be wearing robes.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff