Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Your Book of Shadows Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HiddenBeliefs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:48 am
Thanks for posting up those videos Sendoku, they were really interesting! and the artists BOS was beautiful!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:46 am
HiddenBeliefs
Thanks for posting up those videos Sendoku, they were really interesting! and the artists BOS was beautiful!

Glad you liked them. And yeah her BOS was really pretty. Once I get the binder my BOS is going into I am gonna add different embelishments like she did and I might do a couple art pieces of my own with watercolors. 3nodding  

Sendoku

Rose burst goddess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:01 am
i dont have a BOS yet, when am i ready for one?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:01 pm
gypsygirl3939

When you want one. It's just a handy record of your magical doings and resources, there's no requirement.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Funa Spectrum

Rose burst goddess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:24 pm
Ciele Fu
gypsygirl3939

When you want one. It's just a handy record of your magical doings and resources, there's no requirement.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Really thank you so much  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:10 pm
I would love to know what to write in My Book of Shadows.
I am thinking of starting one soon.

I want to find like, a book blessing. Write my thoughts on Wicca and my beliefs in it. Along with some spells and such. ^w^

10k10k

Sendoku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:20 pm
@10k10k:
You can write spells, rituals, different thoughts. Maybe divination results. Different recipes for incense and such if you make them. A good herb and definition glossary is always good to have just in case you need something in a hurry and don't want to have to find the right book and look through the pages to find it. You can also have a page dedicated the the Wiccan Rede.

As for the book blessing you can make that on your own, since its your book. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:03 am
I have a my book dlle shadows, with full black cover and of
correspondences and ritual  

Vata_sagittarius

Distinct Canine

7,325 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Wiccan_Boy _1990

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:20 pm
What i mainly write in my book of shadows is crrespndences, because i think that they could end up being very useful. So far the correspndences that i wrote in it are rune correspondences, stone, herb and color. i also wrote the wiccan rede and creed in there (they are simallar but wrote differently). i also write rune and tarot spreads and a couple of spells that i have made up myself. I hope to write alot more in it though...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:18 pm

Currently I keep a few binders, for organizing. When I feel I have enough information, I will write them out into separate books.

I keep a Book of Shadows and a Book of Mirrors
If you don't know what a BoM is its more diary-like, and keeps your BoS more informational.

Reason: I hate having what is essentially a text book mixed up with a journal. Plus, that way I can lend out my BoS for someone else to learn and copy, without giving up my private reflections.

I keep many things in my binders right now, since I use library books a lot, I do photocopying, and note taking. There are all sorts for things in my BoS it's sort of a catch-all for anything spiritual and supernatural, I'm just learning, see. I can sort through what I think is important later.

Everything is computer printed, but when I copy it over eventually, I plan on writing in calligraphy, and have been practising. But I'm years away from that still, I think.

Some of the things are in no particular order:

arrow The mythology that I follow (in my case, Celtic, with a dash or Norse and Slavic... all part of my heritage)
arrow The fundamentals of Wicca. The Wiccan Rede, The Threefold Law. I have copied out the original BoS of Gardnerian Wicca.
I don't agree with everything, so some editing will be done, but I find it is a good bases to start on.
arrow Celtic History and "history" (ie: Wars with Rome and "King Arthur")
arrow History and "History" of witchcraft (ie: Ancient paganism and "burning times")
arrow Historical persons
arrow Explanation of magic(k)
arrow Candle magic, Ceremonial magic, etc
arrow Spells and incantations
arrow Rituals
arrow Oaths
arrow Potions
arrow Elements
arrow Fae & magical beasts & mystical creatures
arrow The magic of every day animals
arrow Weather
arrow Alter and tools
arrow Reading list
arrow Kitchen Witchery
arrow Eco friendliness
arrow Rocks and crystals
arrow Goals and Dreams
arrow Sacred places
arrow Divination & Scrying
arrow Ogham, Futhark, & Witches runes (Theben)
arrow Astrology, numerology, alchemy (the pseudo-sciences smile )
arrow Sigils and other symbols
arrow Fairy tales
arrow Notes on the Book of the Dead, afterlife, spirits, ghosts
arrow Crafts
arrow Psyche, and possible "mind powers"
arrow Holidays and practises
arrow Herbarium and natural remedies
arrow Notes on Druidry
arrow Notes on Ásatrú
arrow Trees, Plants, Flowers
arrow Child rearing
arrow Difference between Karma and The Threefold Law
arrow Mana and beliefs of Polynesia & other Pacific Islanders
arrow Native & African rootwork
arrow Notes on Eastern mysticism
arrow Notes on Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santeria, etc
arrow New Age music
arrow Moon phases
arrow Quotes
arrow Occult
arrow Energy

Zsa Zsa

Foxmore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:40 pm
I keep mine in an encrypted file on my computer. I plan on printing it out on parchment paper and binding it when the info either reaches 300 pages or covers 3 years... whichever comes first. I just think it would be really cool to have a bound book that I wrote and made myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:08 pm
Childhood Dreams

I have -technically- two Books of Shadows. One is my real one, and the other is a three-ring binder. I like to keep things grouped, so I put everything I'm going to write in the three-ring binder, and slowly transfer it to my good one.

Same. I have it in an order, of sorts, so anything that will go after something I'm currently researching or something will go in my three-ring binder until the previous section is completed.  

StrawberryDaifuku

Little Wendy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:33 pm
My Book of Shadows is sooooo tiny I only have the basic stuff explaining Wicca, and some mythology, and that's it. I haven't been doing any witchcraft stuff, so spells and whatnot are immaterial.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:54 pm
i dont my on microsoft word-web page form
my writting gets sloppy sometimes, and i like incerting pictures sometimes, or putting links for favorite imformative web sites in there. dreams, journals, my spells/rites go in there ^.~ everything branches out to where ever or what ever i want it to  

ummei

4,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Statustician 100

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:51 pm
I write poems in mine, i also draw random funny pictures.... Think of it more as a journal, or diary, than a spellbook.  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff