Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Announcements/What's New In The Guild
The Reason Why This Guild Was Created: My Original Rant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nancy Vamptress

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:06 pm
Seems like a good enough reason to me xD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:14 pm
Crystal E-B
Nikolita
yamichan2
That was a very well thought out rant.

I do have something I would like to add that might further explain why children are having sex at such young ages. And they just keep getting younger.

My point is actually all about clothing manufacturers and clothing designers.

have you ever noticed that little girls clothing are becoming more and more like teen/adult clothing.

Young children now have spagetti straps/bra inserts/clothing tricks to make the chest look like there might actually be boobs. They are also offered bikini's that show as much skin as adult bikini's and they get to wear mini-skirts.

The word "Juicy" and other simalar words tend to be emblazoned on girls clothing as well. Personally I don't think anyone should walk around with "Juicy" tattood on the a** of their pants. Especially not children.

All of this clothing contributes to the oversexualization of children, especially little girls. With this oversexualization come more *****, because they think it must be alright if the children are wearing some of this stuff/they don't see it as the wrong that it is because of said fact.

But this is also recognized by other children when they get older. So they think of themselves as needing sex, or as having to have it because they are dressed like adults and they want to be adults, even if they aren't.

I agree completely. The content of your post scares me, because I know it's true. gonk
I agree as well, and when the time comes that I have children, I'll be damned if my little girl(s) take a step outside the house wearing some of the garbage you find in clothing stores today.

I find it hard to get cute but not trashy, showy, or revealing clothes I can't find(with out great difficulty) jeans that aren't hip-hugging kind I hated those in the past but now I'm ok with them if they aren't too loose.  

Lady_Dream

BeautifulDisasterXOXO

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:21 am
Lady_Dream
Crystal E-B
Nikolita
yamichan2
That was a very well thought out rant.

I do have something I would like to add that might further explain why children are having sex at such young ages. And they just keep getting younger.

My point is actually all about clothing manufacturers and clothing designers.

have you ever noticed that little girls clothing are becoming more and more like teen/adult clothing.

Young children now have spagetti straps/bra inserts/clothing tricks to make the chest look like there might actually be boobs. They are also offered bikini's that show as much skin as adult bikini's and they get to wear mini-skirts.

The word "Juicy" and other simalar words tend to be emblazoned on girls clothing as well. Personally I don't think anyone should walk around with "Juicy" tattood on the a** of their pants. Especially not children.

All of this clothing contributes to the oversexualization of children, especially little girls. With this oversexualization come more *****, because they think it must be alright if the children are wearing some of this stuff/they don't see it as the wrong that it is because of said fact.

But this is also recognized by other children when they get older. So they think of themselves as needing sex, or as having to have it because they are dressed like adults and they want to be adults, even if they aren't.

I agree completely. The content of your post scares me, because I know it's true. gonk
I agree as well, and when the time comes that I have children, I'll be damned if my little girl(s) take a step outside the house wearing some of the garbage you find in clothing stores today.

I find it hard to get cute but not trashy, showy, or revealing clothes I can't find(with out great difficulty) jeans that aren't hip-hugging kind I hated those in the past but now I'm ok with them if they aren't too loose.
It is hard to find cute clothes without them being trashy or to revealing. I hate how Halloween costumes all have the word "sexy" in their titles. One of my friends said that a girl in her neighborhood went out to hang out with her friends in super short shorts and a really tight tank top.It is disgusting.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:24 pm
I agree with your "rant" and everything you've said.
Little story for you though...
(I AM NOT FLAMING YOU! )
There was a 12 year old girl in my school about 3 years ago who's mother was irresponsible and didn't care what her daughter did.
She started dating a 22 or 23 year old guy and he promised her the world... She slept with him and she wound up impregnated. When her mother found out she was 4 months along and had just started showing it. Her father found out and tried to tell her she was "A worthless piece of s**t" (Exact quotes!) He called her all sorts of inappropriate names. She ended up having the baby marrying the 20 some odd year old man and is living with her mom and her "husband". She wasn't exactly 13 when she had her child and she is now 16.
She hasn't been around since then. But I think she is the primary reason people shouldn't have unprotected sex at a young age. But this year there is another girl in the same situation only she's 11 and she was sleeping around with several people so she has no clue who the father is... (this girl is a friend of my little brothers' age 13) apparently the father is a junior or senior in high school. Her mother just found out through my mom... so we're hoping all goes well for her and the baby... Things like this shouldn't happen especially to children that young.

It is sad to see things like this happen and I'm glad that someone is here to give out there opinion and be honest about it.

LOLCritical Error

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:51 am
see niki, i told you you are a respected guild owner
i love-ith the rant!
it should be taught in sex ed.
word by word. by comma.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:57 pm
The Pied Piper of Sunday
see niki, i told you you are a respected guild owner
i love-ith the rant!
it should be taught in sex ed.
word by word. by comma.

Awww, thank you (and everyone else) for your kind words. heart  

Nikolita
Captain

undersevenstars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:51 pm
I can very much understand your ranting on this- I felt the exact same way after I found out that this girl I know is pregnant. And she's TWELVE.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:39 pm
I'm 14. I, for some reason, want to be a teen mom just to show the school districts and government that they aren't doing a very good job on sex ed. So I use birth control.

Good rant.

x X x S i S i x X x

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:56 pm
x X x S i S i x X x
I'm 14. I, for some reason, want to be a teen mom just to show the school districts and government that they aren't doing a very good job on sex ed. So I use birth control.

Good rant.

Thank you! ^____^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:06 pm
Sorry to Disagree But Children are educated ..WEll i am ..i am Fourteen and i want to have sex.Protected of course!I know their is a risk of haveing a baby etc.ANd THats why their are condom and i will have sex with a virgin.When im Ready ofcourse.Ami Wrong.?But i want To Be In Love.Personally i think its okay.Age is Justta Number As Long as you and him think baout the rick about Sex.

IFreakinqLoveYhu

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:34 pm
iFawkDaNerdy
Sorry to Disagree But Children are educated ..WEll i am ..i am Fourteen and i want to have sex.Protected of course!I know their is a risk of haveing a baby etc.ANd THats why their are condom and i will have sex with a virgin.When im Ready ofcourse.Ami Wrong.?But i want To Be In Love.Personally i think its okay.Age is Justta Number As Long as you and him think baout the rick about Sex.

Then you're an exception, as was I when I was your age. Most kids your age I know don't know the first thing about sex other than what they've learned from friends, the media and other non-reliable sources. Others know bits and pieces, but not the details - or they know things but don't know how to connect them together.

Without singling anyone out specifically, some of the comments and questions I've seen in this guild (and on Gaia) from teens and kids who just don't know just boggle my mind. The fact that this guild has to exist in order to help teens shows that there's a huge gap in what's being taught (or not being taught) in schools all over North America (and other countries too).

And no, age is not just a number. In certain cases, age can mean the difference between being ok and going to jail, or between being safe and being labelled a sex offender. In addition, when you start getting into age gaps, there can be a huge difference between the couple in terms of goals, education, dreams and plans for the future, wants and needs, etc. Someone who is 19, for example, is not going to be in the same phase of life as a 14 or 15 year old.

Lastly, it's good that you know that condoms aren't 100%, but you should also be considering using other birth control if you're going to be having sex. In addition, you need to talk to your partner before having sex, so that if you DO get pregnant, you two will be prepared and will be better equipped to handle an unplanned pregnancy, whatever you decide to do. So it's one thing to know about the risk, but it's another to have discussed it and put a plan in place in case it does happen about it.

And virgins don't mean you can't get pregnant. You can be a virgin, have sex for the first time, and still get pregnant. wink

Good to hear you have some knowledge about the risks though. smile That's always good to hear.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:55 pm
Yeah i Get what you mean.I MEan i will sit down with him and have a serious talk about the " What If's"I Mentioned Virgon So Any Diseases Cannot Be Spreaded Or Is it Possible for a Virgin be have disease .I Was Thinking How Their Are Children with AIDS from their mother like in some cases.
Nikolita
iFawkDaNerdy

Then you're an exception, as was I when I was your age. Most kids your age I know don't know the first thing about sex other than what they've learned from friends, the media and other non-reliable sources. Others know bits and pieces, but not the details - or they know things but don't know how to connect them together.

Without singling anyone out specifically, some of the comments and questions I've seen in this guild (and on Gaia) from teens and kids who just don't know just boggle my mind. The fact that this guild has to exist in order to help teens shows that there's a huge gap in what's being taught (or not being taught) in schools all over North America (and other countries too).

And no, age is not just a number. In certain cases, age can mean the difference between being ok and going to jail, or between being safe and being labelled a sex offender. In addition, when you start getting into age gaps, there can be a huge difference between the couple in terms of goals, education, dreams and plans for the future, wants and needs, etc. Someone who is 19, for example, is not going to be in the same phase of life as a 14 or 15 year old.

Lastly, it's good that you know that condoms aren't 100%, but you should also be considering using other birth control if you're going to be having sex. In addition, you need to talk to your partner before having sex, so that if you DO get pregnant, you two will be prepared and will be better equipped to handle an unplanned pregnancy, whatever you decide to do. So it's one thing to know about the risk, but it's another to have discussed it and put a plan in place in case it does happen about it.

And virgins don't mean you can't get pregnant. You can be a virgin, have sex for the first time, and still get pregnant. wink

Good to hear you have some knowledge about the risks though. smile That's always good to hear.

IFreakinqLoveYhu

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 pm
I believe nowadays there are medications for HIV-positive mothers to take, that will reduce the risk of the mother passing the HIV to her baby...?

*checks*

Here's a couple of resources:

http://aids.about.com/cs/womensresources/a/pregnancy.htm
http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/insite?page=ask-05-08-03-02  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm
iFawkDaNerdy
Yeah i Get what you mean.I MEan i will sit down with him and have a serious talk about the " What If's"I Mentioned Virgon So Any Diseases Cannot Be Spreaded Or Is it Possible for a Virgin be have disease .I Was Thinking How Their Are Children with AIDS from their mother like in some cases.

It really depends on how you define the word "virgin" as well. Some people say that oral sex is sex, others don't. That means that many people consider themselves virgins if they've had oral sex but haven't had intercourse yet. But STDs can be transmitted orally. So in that case, someone could consider themselves a virgin yet still have an STD.

And yes, mothers can pass STDs onto their babies too. Like Niko said, there are drugs women can take to reduce the chance that they will infect the baby. And they are very effective, but they are not 100%. Not to mention that there are probably some women in the world who don't have access to the drugs or who don't know they have HIV and don't go to a doctor when they get pregnant. And there are STDs other than HIV too. And while doctors can usually keep the baby safe if they catch it early enough and know the woman has the STD, that isn't the way it always works out.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

Announcements/What's New In The Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas