Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Crystal Guidebook Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:05 pm
That's very possible that it might be lapis lazuli. When Rainbow_Flavoured_Pocky has said "it could very well be sodalite"... I was going to say that it's similar to sodalite, but not actual sodalite itself, because I knew that there were other stones in the "sodalite family" as that site put it (I've actually used that site many times before). But when I was looking through my books, I was looking for other stones that had "ite" at the end. I completely forgot that lapis lazuli had another name.

It's still hard to tell solely based on its color. The best way to identify it is to take it to someone who specializes in gemstones. I'm not sure if they'd be able to help with all stones, but you might try a jeweler. I wouldn't think they'd charge you just to identify it, unless they want to send it in to someone.

Would it be at all possible for you to take a better picture of it? Maybe take it outside or something so there's more light in the pictre?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:24 pm
Leopard Jasper? No, I don't think that's it... I actually have a peice... I tried finding it in the picture... It's really blurry, though...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

XD  

StrawberryDaifuku

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:01 pm
Well, like I said, it's kind of hard to tell from a picture.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:27 pm
'tis... And it doesn't help that the picture is from pretty far away... Almost three feet, I think...

But I was like... "Leopard jasper... I remember buying that somewhere... I wonder if I still have it..." Apparently I do...
XD
I also remeber having a peice of rose quartz when I was younger.. I wonder what happened to it...  

StrawberryDaifuku

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:38 pm
I need to post a picture of all the new stones I've bougthen recently... but I can't at the moment because my camera lens broke and is currently being repaired. Hopefully I'll get it back soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:45 pm
The reason that I can't take a good picture is because I have to take pics using a camera phone. I will try though.

It's amazing, I just saw a bird take down a baby squirrel. (I had to add that because...well cause I wanted too.) sweatdrop  

PathlessPlot

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:05 pm
Oh, ok. I hate using camera phones, there always seems to be not enough light, or too much light whenever I use one! They really should have a flash...

cry Aww, poor baby squirrel. What kind of bird was it?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:09 pm
I have absolutely no idea. I am not very good at identifying things. sweatdrop I really have not paid enough attention to really know. (I wish my fiance had been around, he would have known). It was probably a hawk though.  

PathlessPlot

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:34 pm
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. That's the most common bird that picks up live animals, or at least during the day. That's why we don't let my dog outside by himself, because he's just barely small enough for a hawk to grab.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:09 pm
I finally got my camera lens back, so here are pictures of all of my gemstones: xd

CarnelianUser Image
Red JasperUser Image
SodaliteUser Image
Leopard JasperUser Image
I have the name for these written down somewhere, I'll have to find it later...User Image
Tiger's EyeUser Image
Snowflake ObsidianUser Image
Rose QuartzUser Image
Citrine ClusterUser Image
AgateUser Image
GeodeUser Image

Unidentified (some of the purple ones are probably amethyst):
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

dark_angel_32189

Funa Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:22 pm
That is some sexy citrine, and the sodalites are very pretty.

The green one at the top is definitely malachite (at least, the first picture has the markings) and the purples at the bottom look amethysty enough to me, but the other purples look like dyed agate. As does that rather scary bright pink one. Oh, this looks like a fun game - but don't take my word for it.

User Image
Rhodochrosite... or rhodonite. I'm not sure.

User Image
Rhodonite

User Image
Brecciated jasper

User Image
Howlite

User ImageUser Image
Carnelean

User Image
That could be unakite, but I haven't seen the pink so light.

User Image
Red jasper

User Image
Possibly petrified wood... though I've only seen one sample.

User Image
Howlite is often dyed that colour.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Blue agate

User Image
That's got the transparency of ametrine, but I can't see any yellow on it... probably just really clear amethyst.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:31 pm
The one that you said is red jasper is actual a brown stone, so I don't think it's red jasper.

I have a feeling that a lot of the stones are artificially colored (and that's just based off of one of the stores I got some of them from, such as the hot pink one).

Thanks for your help. mrgreen  

dark_angel_32189

Funa Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:05 pm
Ah. Curse of the flash? It looks very jasperish nonetheless, and I believe you can get brown varieties. I tend to lump everything I can't quite identify as an agate or jasper - and it works most of the time.

You make me want to take photos of my collection, but I don't have a decent camera.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:24 pm
Yeah, the flash kind of screwed with some of the colors. Like, one of those that's a light green color actually looks like a light blue or greyish.

This one right here...User Image

It was mainly just with the lighter stones though. Some of the pinks look lighter and some stones that have black (or maybe it's a really dark blue) look a lot lighter. And then the actual brown ones look a little bit more red than they actually are.

Oh well.  

dark_angel_32189

StrawberryDaifuku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:45 am
Those are beautiful stones! I've always wanted snowflake obsidian, but I could never find it.... XD  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games