Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Games and Events
[Battle of the Tribes] Daily Drabbles Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
anemosagkelos generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 26!

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:48 am
      Walls
      Bitter Heartbeat (5/5) - 100 words

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He thought, once, it would be a reassurance to be a turtle. To burrow down into the sand and slip inside a shell. Essentially disappear. And then the cave had happened.

Darkness and bugs and walls. Walls that could close in and collapse at any time. Suffocate and trap him.

He gave a shake and tried to shed the thoughts. No, a turtle's shell, was not a bad place. It was shelter and safety. It was a home.

Besides he already had a shell, high towering walls, that he hid within. He didn't need to be a turtle at all.

FrostyPeaches generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 2!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:05 am

[ Kiss of Death ][ 4 of 5 ][ Forgiveness ][ xxx words ]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

a snippet of kin's life: 100-200 words

Still at the event, the doe perused around the vicinity for something interesting to watch. She bit on the green leaves as a pair of quarreling kin walked in her path. The female seemed to be upset at the male as she blew hot air through her nose. The other made low wailing sounds as it pleaded with her.

Kiss of Death walked closer to figure out what the topic is about. She perked up an ear as the vibes she got from the angry doe was not a pleasant one. "...never do you leave the best part for me." She heard.

The buck knelt down and looked up at the angry doe. "but i only eat it because it's fattening. you like being skinny build.." he pleaded with her. "forgive me as i will only ask from now on if you would like a fatty piece," he continued and rolled a berry over to the doe.

The doe sniffed the fruit and ate it. "alright. but if you do it again, we are finished." she walked off with her nose dipped into the air, pleased but still snooty.

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Tiarana generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 43!

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:23 pm
6/20 - Joy - Hollyhock I - 162 words (Wasp II, Murkcrow I, Dogrot I)
Freeeee, she was free! Hollyhock bounded recklessly through the forest, Bristletail hard-pressed to keep up with her. No more would she be the shadow of the shining creature of light, no more would her dour siblings come to her with all their problems. No more would she be treated like she could break at the slightest touch. No more would kin whisper around her as though she could not hear them. And especially no more would she hear her father's voice, the cause of so much anguish to the others. She felt lighter just thinking about it, and she laughed out loud. "Bristletail, Bristletail, Bristletail, I'm freeeeee!"

Bristletail grunted. How could a blind doe run so fast? "Will you please slow down before you--"

Too late, she tripped on a log and hit the ground head first. But even that wasn't enough to dampen her mood. She only laughed the harder as she got to her feet. "Look, look, I'm not broken!"  
Amizade generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 pm
Soft
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Expecting to Fly | 5 of 5 | 115 words

She might not be able to feel pain, but Fly could still feel other sensations. She could feel the warmth of the sun, she could feel a nudge on her flank, and she could definitely feel the softness of her Aunt Essence’s rox. The Kimeti was currently pestering the poor animal, who had just been given a scented bath. “Crabapple!! How are you so cute and fluffy?” The long-suffering animal didn’t answer, allowing Expecting to Fly to rub her snout in its fur. “You smell like orange blossoms, you sweet little thing.” She managed to get a few more face rubs in before the rox upped and ran away, fed up of all the attention.  

Amizade

Phantom

grayseasons generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 32!

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:51 pm
Timorous 5/5 - 32. Sugar & Spice
Words: 200

When Dauntless was young, and the rest of her children had recently left, Timorous ventured out of the groves with Dauntless in tow to a special part of the swamp. Her daughter had been feeling down that her siblings were gone, she knew, and she decided to cheer her up with a bit of a lesson in mind.
"Here, try some of these white and red blossoms." She said to Dauntless, nosing some of the flowers that were growing in the water, when they had arrived at their location in the swamp.
"They're sweet." was the reply, after a moment of chewing.
"Now the yellow ones." Timorous said patiently, showing her the the blossoms growing nearby.
"Spicy!" was the shocked reply from her daughter, taking some water quickly, before looking at her mother inquisitively.
"Some things in life are spicy, like that yellow flower you ate, and seem to chase away the sweetness of what you were experiencing. But that doesn't mean the sweetness is gone, does it?" She said, showing that the sweet flowers from before were still there. Dauntless shook her head, realizing the meaning of her mother's words, and finally smiled for the first time in awhile.

flowers mentioned are clover, wapato, and swamp marigolds  
Ruriska generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 47!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:07 am
Peep: 5 of 5.

Peep looked up as her biggest daughter, Totoma, blustered into the Den.

“Is everyone okay? Everyone is fine? There was this nasty character, oh yeah, I bet I scared him off though. All black and toothy and I’m pretty sure he would eat babies.”

Fierce Love was quickly up and grunting. “Don’t speak like that in front of the foals. Now where did you see this fellow?”

“Right on the border. He just stood there staring at me and-“

“Go and summon the rest of the Watchers. We’ll do a patrol. Make sure he’s definitely taken his leave.”

“He reminded me of a wolf, except even nastier. He even growled at me and-“

“Do as you’re told girl!”

The Watcher’s gathered and spread out into the forest.

Peep watched and said nothing.

Words: 132  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Vesperiie generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 44!

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Rises Again | [ 1 , 2, 3 ] | Heaven | 140

In his dream, there were Dragons. There were scales and horns and tails, fangs and fire and blood and brethren. They came from the east, the west, the north, and the south, and though they came in different shapes and sizes, they were unmistakably kin, and he was no longer alone.

"Stomborn, have we died and gone to heaven?" he exclaimed, joy in his rumbling voice. "Where is father, can he see this?" Yet before his very eyes, the dragons he knew were dragons began to shift. One grew longer, leaner, faster, another thinner, more sprightly, the next stouter and taller, the last small beyond belief, all of them shedding scales as they went until they were no longer dragons but Kin.

"How can this be?" He wailed, turning to his sister, but she was gone just like his heaven.  
Amorpheous generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 49!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Rush of Wind: 5/5

49. Lace

Lace is just a feeling. The patterns are too fine for his eyes, too intricate for him to see it as anything but a blob, but the lace of a spider web brushing across his face or the complex lattice work of delicate fronds sweeping his side as he ran past them.

Lace, like many other beauties for the eyes, is something that he often fails to appreciate. He is hunter, and only acha in form, not nature. Theirs is a nature that would love the beauty of lace, but cannot. He has not the eyes to see it and therefore not the mind to appreciate it.

Though, occasionally, it could be said that he could find some comfort in it. He could find some comfort in the lace-like sweep of Omen’s hair against his cheek in quiet moments and the brush of lace against his side as he runs is a reminder of his speed.

These things help to quiet the thrumming, pounding, screaming need in his heart.

So it is the feeling that matters most of all anyways and feeling needs no eyes.

185 words  

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Nuclearity generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 35!

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:40 am
User Image
Rising Sun; 1/5: "Forgotten" [164]

"Late," her eyes wide open, Sunny was rushing through the marsh, kicking up mud all over the place, "we're so late!!!" A million thoughts were rushing through her mind at once, from preparing Shimmer (her foxbun) to look her best, to training her songbird a very particular tune. After all, one had to work hard to entertain some of the best story tellers around! She saw great value in stories, and always made sure to give the Kin reciting them something in return. On top of everything, they just got back from travelling the desert!! Imagine that!!

With how fast she'd run from her home to the small clearing where the meeting was to occur, she was actually early. Rising Sun's heart sunk with the instant realization that despite her struggle, she had forgotten the most important thing: two gift trinkets she carved out of tree bark with her own horns and strung upon processed sinew, for which she'd bartered a tuft of tail-hair.

Minsuil generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.12. Smile | 5/5

Comes Again was curled up by her side. The leftmost of his fur, wet with rain. She allowed herself a little smile at that. Her companion was always at her side, even when it meant bringing discomfort to itself. She turned and rotated a bit so that half the lion's flank need not be exposed to the weather. But the movement woke the creature and it blinked up at her with bleary eyes.

"Good morning," she cooed, "it is a new day. How shall we start it?"

As if on cue, the lion's stomach grumbled and Lightbringer laughed. "Yes, I agree." She stood up and watched as Comes Again stretched out. Then they set off into the morning mist to catch breakfast.

1, 2, 3, 4.  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

anemosagkelos generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 44!

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:19 pm
      Heaven
      Travels in Circles (1/5) - 110 words

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The humidity was a beast. A very friendly heavy beast that liked to cuddle. He'd asked it to leave once. It seemed it was not on speaking terms with him. And as it was invisible, well, it made for a very difficult beast to talk to. Cat was of no help, either, and so he slunk onward.

A pond presented itself in due time and Travels in Circles waltzed into it without preamble. (Cat balked, yowled, at the idea.) He walked and sunk into the depths until only his horns and ears, eyes and nose, breached the surface. He smiled. He'd have to tell Mother later that he'd found heaven.

fluorescein generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 4!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:22 pm
3/5: Glossbones- Are you there?

Are you there? The voice slithered around insisting on a response that he could nor would give. This was his sanctuary. His happy place, the one spot he was in his element. Didn't the voice know he had something more important at hand? On a whim, the dream came to him. Inspiration it was called. He would create as he pulverized the powder and root into a paste of color. He pummeled it more with the blunt edge of a large twig. There, the true hue came through. He achieved what he wanted. Sweat ran down the bridge of his nose.

"Yes?" he asked before dipping his tail in the paste and washing the skull in a vibrant shade of fetching red.

fluorescein
Crew
Blinded By My Silence generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 6!

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:56 pm
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

dances with shadows | 2 / 5 | 106 words

w o r k i n g

Eyes closed, with a soft smile dancing on his lips and the breeze tugging playfully on his mane, Watch sighed happily as the voices and hooves of a group of children reached him. He was taking a break, a short one, mind you, in the shade while his Lady Summer's newest clutch ran amok in the muck of the swamp. He watched with loving eyes as the wrestled and raced, laughing and living life. Some may say that parent hood is work, but to him it was the best thing he had ever experienced and Tastes Like Summer was the best kin to do it with.  
Tiarana generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 36!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:27 pm
6/21 - Misery Loves Company - Murkcrow II - 108 words (Wasp II, Hollyhock I, Dogrot I)
"unnn...hi, Stalker...," Murkcrow mumbled in the general direction of his erstwhile friend when she prowled into his clearing, like she did on a regular basis.

Stalker frowned down at him. He was lying prone on the ground, not moving much. Finally, after several minutes, she said, "What's wrong with you?"

Murkcrow groaned. "Bucks, you know...I'll never find the right one..."

Stalker didn't really know. She started poking him with her hoof. "That's nothing to lie around all day about. Get up and do something interesting."

"It's not like you've got anyone either," Murkcrow said. Anyone who was watching might have seen Stalker twitch. She kicked him.  

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

Amizade generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 9!

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:31 pm
A Misunderstanding
User ImageExpecting to Fly | 6 of 10 | 189 words

It was an owlcat cub, stumbling around on its little legs. The cub couldn’t have been more than a few days old, and Fly thought it was the cutest thing she had ever seen. She crept up towards it, not wanting to scare it away. “Hello little baby, will you be my friend?” She nudged it with her nose, tipping it over playfully, but as the cub climbed back onto its feet, Fly was bowled over by a fast flying furball. The air was knocked out of her lungs and as she tried to get up, the mother scratched at her, attacking her head and her neck. Fly laughed, thinking that the older owlcat was playing. Suddenly, Flowerpod was there, grabbing the owlcat by the neck and throwing it off her daughter. She stared at Fly in horror, who despite having large gashes and blood dripping down her neck, was still smiling. “Aw mum, why’d you have to do that? We were having fun!” With a sob, Flowerpod lowered herself to the ground, both relief and distress washing over her. “What's wrong, mum? Don’t cry. I’m okay, I'm okay...”  
Games and Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff