Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] The Next Big Adventure (Tirla and Vatsa) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:00 pm
Tirla drank quickly. She hoped he understood even though she was having a hard time understanding herself. When Vatsa joined her, she slowed down, allowing herself a moment to enjoy the cool liquid.

As the stallion straightens, Tirla takes a last swallow and does the same. She nods silently and takes a few hesitant steps to his side. Not really sure what to say, she stands there, looking at him. Her eyes caught on the flower she had tucked behind his ear and she smiled softly.

Voice a bit soft, "Thank you. I . . . I think I'm ready." She wasn't looking forward to the walk. Not only did she not know how to talk to him, it had been a long time since she'd done much traveling by hoof. She'd be so much more comfortable flying, but the sky was out of reach. And she was fairly certain that even if she could have taken off from here, she wouldn't have been comfortable leaving Vatsa behind, even for a brief trip right now.

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:29 am
Vatsa smiled, warm, his expression soft as he looked at Tirla. He very much hoped that it was a view that would be oft be repeated, he would be happy to wake to seeing her face every day he was sure.

'Good. Well, let's go then.'

The unicorn moved from the stream, knocking one of his hooves against the grass after a few steps as the mud from the bank had built up and was now causing him discomfort. That done, he gave Tirla an encouraging smile and walked on again, his pace easy, following the gentle curve of the stream.

'If we follow this for long enough, I'll know where I am. Or we can at least get to an open part, and I'll see if I know where I am.' he chuckled a little. He really wasn't worried, they hadn't gone too far off the beaten track he was sure, so they were still in what he knew to be a safe area, with not too many predators.

LydaLynn

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 am
Tirla checked to make sure her flower was still tucked behind her ear before giving Vatsa a shy smile. "Okay, that sounds good. I'm not really used to navigating on the ground so . . . I'll trust you." A bit more accustomed to knocking her hooves against each other to clear off mud, while in mid-flight, she takes a little bit of stomping as she walks to figure out the trick.

Following in silence for a time, Tirla wonders at her stomach. She could manage triple spirals while cliff diving that didn't cause quite the flutters in her stomach that just walking next to this stallion was causing. Some small part of her liked the idea of being lost with him forever. Another part was screaming to take to the sky and the firmer footing of knowing who and where she was. But that part was getting quieter.

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:49 am
'I'm glad, I am fairly sure we'll be fine, I just don't want you to think I'm dragging you around aimlessly so that I can be longer in your company.' Vatsa said and then added hastily.

'Of course I wish nothing more than to stay with you..but if we do seem to be meandering it's just my internal compass is taking longer to find the way.'

Vatsa glanced upwards, checking the sky to see where the sun was, trying to gauge how much daylight they had left. He reckoned they were a few hours past midday so there was a while yet, and so he bought his gaze back to earth, concentrating on finding their way.

'You might learn how to as we go along, it's always handy to know your way on the ground, just in case you have to.' he said, offering a gentle suggestion. He didn't plan on letting her from his sight if he had to anyway.

LydaLynn
I saw that in the thread, cute <3

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:00 pm
Tirla was fairly certain she didn't want to learn how to navigate on the ground. Contemplating it did totally different things to her stomach, unpleasant things. But she just nodded.

"I . . . I don't mind. I mean, it's nice walking . . . with you." Ducking her head to try and hide her blush, Tirla bites lightly on her lip. This was not at all where she thought her day would be going. This time yesterday she'd have been railing against anyone who even suggested she would be walking in the woods and . . . she wasn't quite sure this was happy, but it seemed close enough. More than she would ever have expected.

"So . . . um . . . I . . . it feels like there should be talking, conversation. I just . . . I'm not sure what to say or ask or anything. I don't usually have time to just . . . talk."

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:55 am
'I am glad to hear that.' Vatsa replied, taking a moment to try and work out where they were to look at Tirla.

'Though please, don't be embarrassed to say what's on your mind. There's no one here but me, and I faithfully promise that I shall judge or think anything but good of what you have to say.' he said before continuing to look around.

He thought for a moment he had caught sight of a familiar landmark but he wsn't sure and as they neared the old tree, he wasn't sure it was as he remembered it so he gave a little shake of his head and carried on.

'There can be, though there is much to be said for being able to have an easy silence, and not fret about filling it with conversation. It can be just as nice to simply be in each other's company.' Vatsa said, turning and smiling at Tirla.
'But if you wish to talk, that's fine too. Was there anything you wanted to know, about myself?'

He figured that if there was to be a relationship, there should also be an openness, an easy dialogue about anything in each other's lives.

LydaLynn

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:43 pm
Tirla shrugs slightly. "I . . . it isn't that I want to know any one thing. I don't have real questions. I just want to know . . . I don't know, maybe everything?"

She takes a big breath, then sighs. "I mean, what's it like in a herd? I've never really had one. There must be so many soquili who mean something to you. And . . . family . . . I miss my mother. I . . . she was the only family I ever really had. And I don't know what it's like to really have or be a family."

"But I don't want to pry or be pushy or . . . whatever. I'm just, curious I guess. I've never really wondered before but then, I've never really stopped long enough to really ask I guess."
Tirla hopes she doesn't sound as confused as she thinks she does.

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 am
Vatsa laughed a little at that.

'Everything? Well if you insist, though I am sure my entire life from basket till now won't be terrible exciting.' he said, smiling at the mare.

'Honestly? A herd is something I've never really had, not beyond my family at any rate. I have a sister and a brother, both of whom struck out on their own when they were old enough to do so. My mother..well, she was always a difficult mare to be close to, though I know she loved us in her own way. Sadly my mother and father's relationship fell apart, so she only became more insular. I have tried to make sure I visit my birth home every now and then to see how she is, but I don't stay long at her insistence.'

Vatsa fell into his own thoughts for a while, scanning the area as they walked, and then gave himself a mental shake.
'So, my family was a fairly disjointed one, so I've always sought to make my own, to make a better go of it than my parents did.'

LydaLynn

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:33 pm
"Oh, ah . . . okay. I . . . I thought you had a herd. I guess I was mistaken. That doesn't sound . . . I mean, it's not that it sounds bad, just . . . I kind of thought family was different from that." Tirla seems a bit introspective for a moment.

"How . . . how would you make a better . . . um, family? I mean, I figure I don't know what a family is really, so I guess that's why I never really stayed anywhere and tried to be part of a herd or a family. It's . . . scary. Not knowing what it is, what it's like, what I should do."

"But if you know what a family is like, if not a herd, but a family, and if it wasn't good . . . why would you want to try to . . . I mean, how do you know how to make it better, or if it can be better, if you didn't have better?"

Tirla sighs, "I'm not saying this right. I keep stumbling over my tongue. I just have always been afraid of . . . I don't know, of doing the wrong thing, being the one on the outside who never manages to be a part, to make things work. Afraid I'd mess everything up and make things worse, harder, for anyone I was around."

"I'm really good in the air. The wind sings and I can be part of that. I can do so much, push myself to be better. But I know my limits too. And . . . if something goes wrong, I'm the only one I hurt."

"A herd, a family . . . It doesn't bother me, that my father wasn't really part of my life. But my mother . . . I know it hurt her. She tried to hide it, but she was hurt. And she tried so hard to keep me from being hurt by it too. I don't want to mess up and hurt someone like my father hurt my mother."

Tirla stops walking and just looks at Vatsa. "Is that what family is? Leaving and hurting and broken hearts and minds? I . . . " She shakes her head. "I don't want to hurt you. And I don't want to be hurt. It's safer in the sky."

Her skin ripples as she shivers at the thought. Her voice sounds hollow and her eyes go a bit distant. "But if that's true . . . why does it hurt to think about being in the sky without you?"

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 pm
CitrusCupcake

[[ Are you interested in continuing this? ]]  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:03 pm
LydaLynn
CitrusCupcake

(( Yup I am, just struggling to find my rp muse atm so replies are really, really slow ))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:37 pm
CitrusCupcake
LydaLynn
CitrusCupcake

(( Yup I am, just struggling to find my rp muse atm so replies are really, really slow ))

[[I'll be here when you're ready.]]  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:23 am
['Maybe some families are, but mine is not. My mother has always been difficult to get on with, so we would never be like that. She prefers her own company, and that of her familiar.'

He fell silent, giving her question the thought it deserved before he answered.
'Well..I guess I would just try my utmost to be the father and mate that they deserved. Being a steady presence, giving love and discipline in equal measures when it was needed, and never taking anything for granted.' Vatsa chuckled.

'I'm sure I'll make mistakes along the way, but if my heart is in the right place and the love is always there..I think myself and my mate would muddle along.' he said with a little nod.

'I'd want to try because it's where my heart belongs. And everyone makes mistakes, it's how you come back from them that matters. And if you have someone by your side to go through them with you..' he smiled at Tirla.

'No. Life is that. Life is pain and loss and hurt. But it's also light, love, adventure, joy and laughter. The sky might be safe..but I always think that it's an empty place as well. You can see the world from up there, and it can't touch you. It can't touch your heart either though.'

Vatsa was starting to find the area familiar as they walked, and felt that they may eventually find the cave they had spend the night in previously.

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:44 pm
Tirla walks in silence thinking about his words. She lets the time pass without really noticing, her mind chewing on her thoughts.

After several minutes, she finally speaks. "The sky holds my heart, I think. Sometimes I wonder that it doesn't stop beating when I fold my wings for the night. But I think I understand what you're saying too. I . . . I will never have another to fill my heart if I leave it always in the sky."

"But . . . it is still frightening. The idea of being hurt. Almost as frightening as the idea of hurting someone else. And . . . I don't know, just . . . being still, not following the wind on nothing but a whim and a wing . . . that's scary too."

"But I think . . . I think maybe there is a strength in trying. In striving to be more than what you've known. I . . . I admire that you so much wish to have that . . . that love. I . . ."
Tirla sighs.

Looking over at Vatsa, she takes a moment to study his profile. "I want to be strong like that. To fight for something good. I've never really . . . not really thought about it before, to be honest. But I haven't really ever tried to be strong of spirit, to be noble. I just . . . I just followed the wind where it was safe."

A half laugh escapes her, "I don't know what magic you have to wrap about your words, or weave around your form that in such a little time you have turned my world on its side. But here we are and it is done, and my eyes sees the difference and . . . and I don't know that I would want to turn it back around if even I could. And of all the things that scare me, I am amazed that isn't one."

CitrusCupcake

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:23 pm

'Well..' Vatsa thought for a moment before speaking, still keeping half an eye on their surroundings so that they didn't lose their way again. He'd seen a few tracks that may have been his when he was chasing after Tirla, but for the moment wasn't sure he wanted to disturb the conversation, not when it felt as if the mare was coming to some sort of personal revelations.

'I won't deny there have been times when I wondered if I would find what I desired, but I couldn't give up. I want the feeling of belonging in my own family that I made, and that would be so much different to my own experience.'

He slowed, falling quiet as she continued to talk, not wanting to interrupt her, but listening intently, nodding on occasion. giving her encouraging looks and warm smiles as he did so.

'I think you're stronger than you believe you are. You just need to allow yourself to believe that you can experience warmth, love and companionship whilst still having time to enjoy the freedom of the open skies.'

He finally stopped, and reached over to the mare, giving her shoulder a little nudge with his nose.
'No magic. Just affection. A genuine desire to see a beautiful and sweet mare happy in her life. If..well, if that could be a life at my side..' he didn't want to push, but he felt that it was a good time to repeat his own wishes of their possible future together as they were still unchanged.

LydaLynn

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces