7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 pm
The ℜ 𝖊 𝖛 𝖊 𝖓 𝖆 𝖓 𝖙 Guardian
"And as the Ascended One danced into Heaven, the Revenant Guardian returned..."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Raven nodded, answering the unspoken thought. She made her way through the Tea House and out to the gardens. It would have been a peaceful day for the Hyoujin. The cat-like pupils dilated, her keen eyes scouting the perimeter of the Tea House. Nostrils flaring as she inhaled deeply, the powerful scent of chemicals danced around in the wafting breeze. It was not hard to sense the explosives, surrounded by flora and fauna.

The resonance faltered though it did not break as she split her concentration, feeling out against the nooks and crannies Donny so cleverly hid the dangerous C4. She could feel two near by, and with an exertion of power, the explosives shot out of pond water, soaring high, higher into the air, unseen forms in the sky, Soon they were so impossibly high the detonation was barely audible unless one focused and trained their gaze. Raven wandered slowly, her mind struggling to balance a resonance of power, and the brief bursts of Psychokinesis that stripped the C4 from it's hiding places, setting it off too far for immediate harm or danger to anyone below.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

||. Ego si relapsus resurgo .||

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:27 am
Eclipse watched as the last of the patrons filed out of the tea house, he was feeling a little tired and worn down. He closed his eyes and consentrated on keeping the resonance going, he felt it starting to falter a little bit. He kept his focus to and keep the resonance going, he could at least now concentrated on supporting Raven.

He was quite impressed with the way she was dealing with the C4, he breathed a little sighed of relief it seemed that he tea house was going to be okay after all. He watched with a look of admiration and each unit of C4 was launched far away enough so that it wouldn't hurt anybody. Was that the last of it? he thought to her so that he wouldn't break the resonance too soon.

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Aizen Teresaga

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Raven slowly turned, dancing on the tips of her toes as she drifted back inside. Here her senses fanned out, blood steadily dripping from her nose that seemed to go unheeded. Cupboards opened, loose floor panels lifting, and from all around within the Tea House, C4 floated towards her, collecting itself into a massive sphere, gently pressing together in blocks. Raven was both impressed and horrified by the massive amounts that had been planted, unseen, and wondered where else Donny had sewn such things. Unwanting to be near the danger much longer, she spirited the sphere of C4 to the back door to the garden from whene she came and sent it up and up, higher still, until a dot of light filled the sky where it exploded.

All at once, Raven severed the connection, the resonance dissipating. She then became all too aware that she had neglected her own feelings, concentrating too hard on the various ethereal trails left behind by all the participants of the Tea House. She sat on the ground, hard, shaken by the lack of energy. Neohuman that she was--Immortal that she was--she still retained a certain limit, and as usual she had surpassed that limit. With a shaky laugh, Raven reached up to smear the blood from under her nose, wiping the blood away against her jeans. The ebony bangs obscured her pale green eyes as she heaved a shaken sigh, staring at the floor.

"It's done here...but I have a bad feeling that if he has moved on, he has done the same elsewhere. He may have laced the entire city at this point. This will complicate my investigation, but I am glad this place is safe. This is a good establishment here, I can feel the comfort in the floorboards. Your clientele love this place, and you."

With a grim smile, Raven draped her arms along her propped knees, leaning forward and lacing her fingers together.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:38 pm
Eclipse let out a huge sigh of relief, he was pretty exhausted after all was said and done. The feeling of all the residual psychic was making it hard to focus. Everything was kind od blurry, he could see that Raven's nose was bleeding. He went to the front door and flipped the sign to closed and went to where she was sitting on the floor. He allowed his form to shift to his natural angel form, which helped his sight clear up a little.

The shadows reacted to him a little bit as he stretched out, he looked around the empty tea house, "This place means a lot to me, in many ways" he said very quietly as if he was talking more to himself. He fell silent and looked very thoughtful for a moment. "" he trailed off. He looked to Raven , "Would you-? Do you mind if I help you?" he asked her suddenly. He didn't really know what came over him but he felt like he needed to do something to stop the person had nearly taken away a huge part of his life.

After pausing he looked at Raven she looked pretty worn out, "Would you like some tea, or perhaps I could warm the sake?" he asked her wondering if something would help her regain some energy.

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Aizen Teresaga

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Raven's grim smile twisted into a crooked grin as she shrugged her shoulders. "Why not? A homunculus tried to destroy something important to you. My Gatekeeper is not here to assist me. I am a Guardian, I suppose you could say. I am a rare breed, known as an Ascended Guardian. My powers are a notch above the other Guardians I work with. A Gatekeeper helps to keep their Descended--or in my case, Ascended--Guardian's abilities and power in check."

She exhaled slowly, rubbing under her nose again as dry blood flaked away. Already her body's abnormally expeditious functions were underway, the body regenerating itself faster than the average body. Now she took a moment to study Eclipse, side-glancing him. "I can sort of see how you garnered a name like Eclipse." She did not miss the splay of shadows, her grin crooked as she reflected on her own name to mean "Daylight Star" despite her appeal to darker, cooler colors. "Tea would be absolutely splendid, thank you. You're a Celestial?--an Angel?" At this, she chuckled softly, raking a hand through her bangs and pushing them back from her line of vision. "Heaven's Realm is old territory for me. It is where I was before I came to this City. I served as a personal Vanguard for Heaven's military commanding force. I had lost my physical body here in this world, and so I was stuck in that world. During the War, a Chaotic force had caused 5,000 years to pass in this world, and so my body was lost. Fortunately, the remnants were found, as I am not entirely Human. After winning second place in a tournament representing Heaven's Realm, I used the money to have an old acquaintance re-engineer my body as a replica. A Shaman soul-sealed me within it. When my military term and duty was over, I left with my Gatekeeper to return to being a Guardian in this world. I don't even think I can draw upon my wings anymore..." She paused for a moment, reflecting on if she regretted leaving St. Anne and Lucas versus staying with the rest of her comrades back in Heaven's Realm. She missed Kira and Wyndom dearly, and Lucas was eternally her Parabatai. "Now I do my detective work within the city. This case has been growing and growing all the while. Because of my knack as an Empath, it makes my job a little easier to sift through clues and work on cases. This feels more like a Bounty Hunter job, though. I am glad it landed here, and the help would be much appreciated. How long has this establishment been here?"

Raven turned her attention back to the floor they sat on. She had to, she needed a point of focus because her mind always "cracked" when she over-extended Psychokinesis even a little. She would see things, hear things--and they were more oft than not, unpleasant. Even now, she knew she had been rambling a little more than she had, but it was a distraction from the faint sobbing of her ex Husband, the phantom scent of burnt flesh and blood, and the grotesque, twitching form of the burnt young child and her sibling's decapitated head laying next to it out of the corner of her eye.

My name is Raveena Lavendra Senaria.
I answer to Raven Kanzaki.
I did not kill my children willfully.
I did not betray Pierce willingly.
I am an Astral Virtue Guardian.
Love is my virtue.
Jesta' is my Daemon.
Corvinus is my adelfi psychi, my Gatekeeper, my life mate.
I am not a mindless killing machine.
I do not work for OXY.
I am sane, I am lucid, I am Raven.

The lids of her eyes squeezed shut momentarily, grasping onto the thin threads of sanity and willing herself to it as she flushed the fractured images away with the negative feelings that came surging with it. She willed it to wash away from her, to cleanse herself of these memories. Unfortunately, Raven knew it was not that easy. It was imprinted in her mind, both the Neohuman and the Human part of her. Even if she could erase it from Archives, it was etched into her mind, heart and soul. Blinking, her brows furrowed before she sat upright a little straighter, her attention refocusing on Eclipse.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 pm
Eclipse watched her with a little curiousity in his eyes, he smiled a little bit as she accepted his help. "Thank you, it means a lot to me." he said to her with a small bow. He listened as she explained her situation and gave a small nod of understanding. "I will do my best to assist you." he said being quite aware it had been a long time since he had used his powers to their full extent expecially his control over dark.

"Yes, I aqquired the name when I was very young. The humans that were raising m nicknamed me that. It stuck more than Ryuu ever did." he said with a small chuckle. "Unfortunately my allignment to dark energy makes me severely photo-sensitive which can become dangerous if I exhaust my powers and can't use them to shield me from the sunlight." he explained. He nodded as he went to the kitchen to start some tea, he decided that a jasmine blend would do nicely. He brought the tea out to Raven and poured cups for the both of them. "I-I suppose so, that's what people call me, but I've never seen other angels or heaven or god. I'm not even christian, I was raised in Japan," he said with a shrug. He had his head was slightly tilted as he listened to her reminisce and pondered why he had never seen a world beyond this one. "I started this place when I got to the city over five years ago now after wandering for awhile." he answered her. He didn't really feel like going into his life story many of the memories were still very painful to think about. He also feared if he dwelled on his past for too long the fears that took him a long time to bury away would surface once more.

He had noticed that Raven had seemed to go all but silent, he flinched a little bit as he saw images in his head that were horrible. He realized they must have been from Raven, he chewed on his lip. He was starting to think that he and Raven had a lot in common. "I made this place so that I could have a haven from all my bad memories. To help me remind myself that I can do something good for people." he said softly before he started sipping his tea.

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Aizen Teresaga

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hontouni ureshii. And Heaven is...well. Dangerous. I miss my comrades, but I am glad to be home." Raven accepted the tea gratefully, sipping the hot drink. It slid down easily and sank into her stomach, easing the tired and aching, calming the muscles as the scent of Jasmine overtook her senses. "I once had a...living Armor, you could say. The Armor of Taurus, known as the Chimera--not a saintly beast. He was very much like you, his alignment was darkness. I will keep that in mind; I am a Guardian first before a Detective. If you are in danger of being exposed, I will do everything in my power to make sure you return to this place safe and sound."

For a long moment, Raven fell silent. She sipped her tea thankfully as it warmed her to the bones. She took a moment to thoroughly examine the Tea House's interior, narrowing her gaze. "A small measure of peace can make all the difference. I will live with my mistakes for the rest of my life, and I stopped counting after 817 years." She laughed once an grinned into her cup, setting the cup along her right knee. "I will have to contact a few people and let my office know what's going on. I don't think there's much else that can be done until tomorrow. If Donny wants a show, he will need an audience. He will strike where hundreds of thousands will be privy to see it."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 pm
Eclipse nodded slowly, it had been a very long time sinve he had felt the sun burn him but he would never forget the pain of it happening. It was reassuring that Raven would look out for him "Thank you, it means a lot to me.", he was surprised at himself how much he trusted her even though he only knew her for a short time. It was rare that he trusted anybody completely even if he had known them for a while but with Raven he had almpst trusted her as soon as she had revealed her purpose. He was silent as he drank his tea at a loss of what to say at all, he could see Raven was taking in the little tea house at the moment.

Eclipse lifted his gaze from his tea cup when Raven mentioned her age, compared to her he was still quite young. He had been around since before world war two, but he didn't age like a human. He never kept track of his age, the never seemed any real point to it as he would never get old. "Sometimes I wonder if it is enough," he said quietly after a long reflective silence.

He snapped out of his slight meditation on the past and sbrough his mismatched eyes up to Raven's and nodded. "Of course," he responded as he nodded attentively. He still had no idea why his tea house would have been a target in the first place. "Donny..." he murmured to humself wondering if that was the man he had seen briefly that seemed to have been flirting with Saiyuki. He shook his head it matter not as long as the city was safe in the end. "Do you need somehwere to stay, it's not much but if you're not up for traveling, I have a futon in my office." he offered. "As well as a phone and computer and internet." he knew that it had been quite a strain on her to dispose of the explosives.

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Adrian_Knight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:24 pm
Dorian stepped out of the shop in his usual majestic way. Once out side he wondered why he would be doing such a thing. His interest lay inside the tea house, he needed to know more about Eclipse and Eclipses new friend who he seemed to be interested in. Swiftly and almost cat like he move around to the shaded part of the building to avoid the sunlight. Tendrils of smoke came off his clothing, he couldn't imagine why on earth he would ever go out in the sun like that unless someone willed him. Out of sight and out of mind his body was gone and once again tendrils of living shadow replaced where he once stood. Quickly he found himself in the building again. To remain less obvious he decided to come out of the washroom and pretend he was in there the whole time. There was no failed logic in that. He would even say he had a sudden urge to leave the building, but when nature calls, nature calls.

Once in the washroom he became solid and palpable once again adjusting his suit and collar he walked out of the bathroom as if completely occupied with these tasks and being utterly surprised to see the entire store empty except for the two. After all that was a bit surprising. He took a moments pause and an expression of shock before he spoke. " Where did everyone go?" He asked bewildered. He even looked at the sign and saw it was turned to close. " Was I in the washroom that long?" Embarrassment crossed his face. His tall handsome lean figure seemed strange with that expression, though that wasn't entirely fitting expression for a nord, after all the nords were a proud race. (( Sorry, only way I could think to get him involved again. Also I appologize for not being on in a while.))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Thank you, Eclipse. I think for the time that would be wonderful. I live in my office, anyway. Even though I'm new here, being out of commission for 5,000 years does not benefit the wallet. I returned with nothing, and I have been building from what little I've managed. I will not..." Raven trailed off when she realized someone else had emerged to join them. Both brows shot up with interest. This one had to have sneaked back in. A slow, broad smile lit up her features as she shook her head slowly, "...rely on my Praetor, or you, for too long. I have impeded enough. Hello there." Now she nodded cordially to the third individual of the Tea House. Raven almost felt guilty to have infringed upon the minds of others to will them out. It was the sort of thing that steered her from her ethereal abilities, and tapped more into her over-powerful ability as an Elementalist. But here, now, she would not use her blood-given power, her armor, or invoke the past and all the horrors that came with it. She was simply an Empath, a detective in this city, and she was in the middle of a growing case.

Smiling apologetically, she raised her cup of tea to the man in a mock salute, "You must want or need answers. I'm Detective Raven Kanzaki and I was just assisting Eclipse here."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aizen Teresaga

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 pm
((It's okay (: Sorry for the lame pos D: ))

Eclipse nodded a little bit in response, "It is no trouble at all, think of it as payment for... helping me..." he finished vaguely as he sensed Umbridge re-enter the building.

Eclipse turned his head towards Inspector Umbridge, somehow he was not quite surprised that the man was still here. He smiled a apologetically at Umbridge, "I'm sorry there was a... thing.... that had to be dealt with." be purposely vague again. He felt nervous once more with Umbridge in the room, he almost felt like Umbridge was studying him, like a science project. He tried to tell himself that it was not the case and he was just being paranoid, but he just couldn't shake the feeling.

He breathed in deeply and tried to remind himself that he was getting too stressed and stress was not a good thing for him. He told himself he was still worked up about everything that had just happened. He sipped his tea inhaling the sent deeply and letting it relax him. He looked over to Raven and then to Umbridge watching for a response from either,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I may need to use your pond at one point. Thankfully being an Empath can be amplified through water without harming the Koi. There are some places I need to reach that my cell phone cannot, but that can wait..." Raven set the cup of tea next to he, easing a hand into the pocket of her leather jacket and pulling out a slim, mirror-like compact. Flat on both sides, she pried it open, the surface lighting up with a keypad, a digital display of the time above it. Inside, she revealed another wider screen and a full keyboard. A wide grin appeared on he face: six missed calls from one Corvinus. Her Gatekeeper, not only in tune with her as such, but the many years as a Vampire he had become accustomed to protecting her from his father, he knew very well when something was or appeared wrong with her. Snapping the phone shut and tucking it back into the pocket, she decided to let him suffer a little longer without hearing from her.

She smiled cheerfully, raising the last of her tea up to no one in particular in a mocking cheer, "To cleanups!" Cocking her head back, she finished the tea in the most unladylike fashion she was used to. She could not be like the delicate Faerie Queen Sabriel--prim and proper and dainty, ensuring her title was unforgotten. Raven had always thought of her Royal lineage. A modern day Xena choosing to serve with her people, and not above their station. Years of drinking with the men had brought out mannerisms her step-mother would flog and hang her for. Now she unfolded her leather jacket from her left arm. A large, jagged scar peeked out from the shoulder of her sleeveless turtleneck, making its way down to the left wrist. In the cozy lighting, it barely refracted light--a soft shimmer of new skin against old. Holding the empty cup, Raven was reminded of who she was. What she was. What she did, and how it brought her to this very moment.

A new determination flickered within her. She would put an end to this, once she was able to track down Donny and find out just what else he had been up to. She owed it to this city for even allowing her to exist her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aizen Teresaga

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 pm
"Of course," Eclipse replied in his usual placid way with a polite smile that often made him hard to read. He looked back to Umbridge and wondered what he was going to do. He was surprised how quite he had become all of a sudden, he wondered if he should explain a little bit more to him. He was the chief of the secret police after all. He would wait and see what he had to say and for what Raven wanted to do. Though he knew she was right there wasn't much else they could do.

He dug his cell phone out of the inside of his yukata and noted the missed calls from Lisa. He furrowed his brows slightly wondering what she wanted, it seemed lately she was trying to contact him at every possible moment. It was starting to wear him down a little bit, she seemed to want to spend more time with him while he was starting to lose interest in the woman. It wasn't that she was a boring person, quite the opposite in fact. It just seemed after being with a mortal for any extended amount of time they became utterly predictably and Eclipse would just lose interest, It was starting to happen with Lisa and he was pretty sure she was noticing. He sighed a little bit and put his phone away, she would have to wait.

He looked back up at Umbridge and Raven, she appeared to be cheering for some reason. He gave a small chuckle, "To clean-ups," he replied and gracefully downed the last of his tea. At least this experience would prove to be interesting in the least.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:14 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Now that I think about it...I wish I had been here sooner. I would have been able to break the illusion with a sword I keep in Zero Space. Donny maybe would have been caught by now." At this Raven sighed softly, reaching to tuck strands of the inky black hair away. Her gaze flickered through the entire room as if restless, seeking, and then that same gaze was calmly trained on Umbridge. It was that unconscious habit as a Guardian, to look for the best means of escape for both the charge and the opponent. Neither men fit into either category, but Raven's mind was already four steps ahead. The thin rim of gold outlining her iris served as a seal, and she must keep that seal in tact, lest Corvus decide to pay the men a visit. Raveena was already due to visit the moment she would scry in the Water, but at least she was the most pleasant of them all. Raven's mind defaulted to Corvinus, and how the intensity of his eyes always overtook the deep blue of Raveena's. His eyes almost seemed fluorescent--a bright glowing blue, or like the blue-white of an intense flame...

Raven cringed momentarily, wrenching herself from the thoughts. She was still not used to the emotion that she used to have when grounded back on Earth. Being in Heaven, detached from her body for five years there, five thousand where she presently sat had forced her to find another means of summoning Elements. Now those elements, and the feelings associated with them, flowed so freely that Raven's mind drifted to her newly appointed Gatekeeper. It was selfish of her to make him wait any more than he already had. Brandishing the phone once more and flipping it open, both thumbs flew across the keyboard with ease, a flurry of texting taking place. It was an eerie thing to keep her gaze fixed on Umbridge while she did so.

She did not have long to wait, peering down at a two page text--all in caps--coming back, berating her for recklessness and worse things. The whole message made her grin broadly. "My Gatekeeper is trying to look like he's not happy with me, but he is secretly relieved." Her connection to the Gatekeeper was the most deep of anyone she had. She could feel his emotions as easily as he could feel her own. Raven then scrambled to her feet and collected her empty cup. Stepping around Eclipse, she collected his cup and balanced the two in one hand, tucking the phone into her back right pocket. She stalked away silently and set herself to the task of washing the two cups, carefully handling them through the entire process, down to wiping them dry and returning them to their rightful place. It was a simple, mindless thing that she enjoyed, smiling serenely as she tediously cleaned them; she more than owed it to Eclipse, and even Umbridge.

"I will have a lot of work to do in compiling reports, but I believe we can take him down sooner rather than later.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aizen Teresaga

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:05 pm
Eclipse smiled a little bit, "Everything is easy in retrospect," he said to her trying to offer a little comfort. "There is no use in worrying about things that you cannot change or control.". He closed his eyes and supposed that he could follow his own advice but it was easier said than done. He felt his phone go off once more and sighed a litle bit, he knew the more her ignored Lisa the more pissed off she would get. He wasnt ready to deal with her though.

He was lost in thought when Raven mentioned her gatekeeper he tilted his head little. He had heard a few stray thoughts that he didn't quite get, it seemed that there was a lot to learn about this stranger. His train of thought was broken when she got up and cleaned up the cups. "Oh, thank you. You didn't have to do that," he said quietly. "Of course, you can use the office, it'll be a little quieter in there." he said to Raven trying to be as helpful as possible
City of NIght Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff