Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
who the ******** are you people anyway. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 pm
I'm a 4th year English major, journalism minor, about to graduate in May. I kind of inadvertently specialized in 1850s-1910 British literature, but I actually kind of dislike Victorians more than I like them, so that's sort of weird. I'm actually more interested in marketing and PR than I am in English, so I guess I have the wrong degree. XP

I'm sort of short, scrawny, bespectacled, and currently puffy-eyed and pale for staying up way too late to study for finals. I quote The Big Lebowski way too much than can be good for me, and spend way too much time on Gaia and LJ. I can't help it, I like ONTD way too much. D:

Also, I am real gud at ritin things

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:17 pm
I'm a 17 year old student in my final year of secondary school.(Or highschool as it's called in America.) If all goes to plan with my exams this summer I'll be studying Interactive Multimedia in college next September. 3nodding

Appearence-wise I'm slim, and quite tall (5'6) with long wavy brunette hair and hazel eyes. I'm half-blind so I have to wear glasses all the time. I used to have bad ance when I was younger but since I've been perscribed antibiotics for it my skin has improved a lot. I'm Irish, and I have the typical pale Irish skin that burns the minute the sun peaks out from behind the clouds.(This doesn't happen very often, as it's almost always raining in Ireland. lol)  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:21 pm
Yeata Zi
Eh?

I'm a scientist, my good people. I am one class away from a degree in biochemistry. (That one class is a lab class, so not even a real class). I do scientific research on a dipeptide that effects diabetes. NASA even awarded me a grant for some of my research.

I'm 22, and a brunette who wears gigantic black rimmed glasses. My glasses are gigantic primarily so I don't have to wear goggles in the lab. (I also like them because they remind me of Spongebob's jellyfishing glasses).

Uhhhh..... I watch a lot of cartoons in my spare time. I get forced to watch the news in the morning by my fella. Which is excuciatingly painful.

Uhhhh...... and I d**k around on Gaia a lot?

I sdon't have a lot of female friends because I decided to live with them in an apartment--and now I hate them all. Word of advice: Don't ever live with someone un;ess you intent to hate them.

I've got a big, dopey chocolate lab named after Charles Darwin--and she just adores me. I also have a cat who is really tiny and will forever look like a kitten.

What else can I say?
weird. People told me that when I decided to live with my best friend.

but I absolutely love everyone I live with :'O

maybe i just got really lucky xD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:39 pm
SO many collage people. I AM SO JEALOUS! Bah....I can't afford college. I had hoped to go into animation and/or design someday. Unfortunately the only school that has an animation course around were I live is ridiculously expensive. emotion_donotwant
I ended up takin' an online Graphic Design course. I'm now tryin' to create an online portfolio and hopefully do some freelance work. I need at least a year or two experience to even get an ENTRY level job as a Graphic Designer.
*shrugs* Aside from all that I work a shitty retail job part time. I'm tryin' to find a full time job so I can move into my own apartment.
Eventually I plan on sellin' art part time. I'm mainly a traditional artist and I LOVE screen prints. heart  

Nikunya

Trash Witch

43,740 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:44 pm
Uncle Haijin
I'm a 4th year English major, journalism minor, about to graduate in May. I kind of inadvertently specialized in 1850s-1910 British literature, but I actually kind of dislike Victorians more than I like them, so that's sort of weird. I'm actually more interested in marketing and PR than I am in English, so I guess I have the wrong degree. XP

I'm sort of short, scrawny, bespectacled, and currently puffy-eyed and pale for staying up way too late to study for finals. I quote The Big Lebowski way too much than can be good for me, and spend way too much time on Gaia and LJ. I can't help it, I like ONTD way too much. D:

English is never a bad degree to have as long as you hone those analytic and writing skills. The best way to get your foot in the door with any job area though is to apply to internships and get some experience while you're in school. So when you get out you have some sort of reference to go off of when you search for a job you want.

Speaking and writing well are assets. You can take some marketing/PR classes if you need to. If you go to a large university with large lectures where the professor doesn't recognize students you can probably sit in on some lectures from marketing type of classes, without even having to ask the professor. biggrin

Free classes!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 pm
Existential Existence
Uncle Haijin

English is never a bad degree to have as long as you hone those analytic and writing skills. The best way to get your foot in the door with any job area though is to apply to internships and get some experience while you're in school. So when you get out you have some sort of reference to go off of when you search for a job you want.

Speaking and writing well are assets. You can take some marketing/PR classes if you need to. If you go to a large university with large lectures where the professor doesn't recognize students you can probably sit in on some lectures from marketing type of classes, without even having to ask the professor. biggrin

Free classes!
The pros of going to a large uni cool

I haven't reaaally done it yet, but a lot of my upper year friends do it to check out classes they might wanna take, or just pick up random knowledge LOL

mostly i just go to evening lectures even though i'm technically registered in the morning ones. I can't wake up before 10am anymore ;__;  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:50 pm
FFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffff

Now I wish I went to a larger university. ;.; That sounds like it would be fun.

Instead of building on the main campus, my university just makes another satellite campus. u.u  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:51 pm
Meromictic

Instead of building on the main campus, my university just makes another satellite campus. u.u
wow D; my uni has 2 satellite campuses but the biggest is definitely the main campus.

also you use the word university :'D
canada?  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:53 pm
[color=emo]
Yeata Zi
Eh?

I'm a scientist, my good people. I am one class away from a degree in biochemistry. (That one class is a lab class, so not even a real class). I do scientific research on a dipeptide that effects diabetes. NASA even awarded me a grant for some of my research.

I'm 22, and a brunette who wears gigantic black rimmed glasses. My glasses are gigantic primarily so I don't have to wear goggles in the lab. (I also like them because they remind me of Spongebob's jellyfishing glasses).

Uhhhh..... I watch a lot of cartoons in my spare time. I get forced to watch the news in the morning by my fella. Which is excuciatingly painful.

Uhhhh...... and I d**k around on Gaia a lot?

I sdon't have a lot of female friends because I decided to live with them in an apartment--and now I hate them all. Word of advice: Don't ever live with someone un;ess you intent to hate them.

I've got a big, dopey chocolate lab named after Charles Darwin--and she just adores me. I also have a cat who is really tiny and will forever look like a kitten.

What else can I say?
weird. People told me that when I decided to live with my best friend.

but I absolutely love everyone I live with :'O

maybe i just got really lucky xD
I could just be horrible.

I do pretty well living with dudes I'm ********.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 pm
[color=emo]
Meromictic

wow D; my uni has 2 satellite campuses but the biggest is definitely the main campus.

also you use the word university :'D
canada?

Nope. XD Central US  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 pm
Nikunya
SO many collage people. I AM SO JEALOUS! Bah....I can't afford college. I had hoped to go into animation and/or design someday. Unfortunately the only school that has an animation course around were I live is ridiculously expensive. emotion_donotwant
I ended up takin' an online Graphic Design course. I'm now tryin' to create an online portfolio and hopefully do some freelance work. I need at least a year or two experience to even get an ENTRY level job as a Graphic Designer.
*shrugs* Aside from all that I work a shitty retail job part time. I'm tryin' to find a full time job so I can move into my own apartment.
Eventually I plan on sellin' art part time. I'm mainly a traditional artist and I LOVE screen prints. heart

Dude. You don't have to afford college. You just have to be ok with owing loans.

Seriously. I haven't spent a dime of my own money on college ever--except for the initial fifty bucks it took to apply.

There's also a s**t ton of scholarships and grants out there too. I didn't even have to take out a loan until my junior year.

Don't ever let being poor stop you from getting an education. It is just not that difficult to obtain money for college.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 pm
[color=emo]
Existential Existence
Uncle Haijin

Free classes!
The pros of going to a large uni cool

I haven't reaaally done it yet, but a lot of my upper year friends do it to check out classes they might wanna take, or just pick up random knowledge LOL

mostly i just go to evening lectures even though i'm technically registered in the morning ones. I can't wake up before 10am anymore ;__;

yes sitting in on lectures is a great way to get a feel for your interests too.
there once was a class i was unsure of taking so instead i just sat in. i ended up falling asleep half way through each time though and i was glad i didn't enroll in the class because the material wasn't that great.

if you ever catch wind of any popular professors on campus you should check them out to see what they have to offer knowledge wise.

i wish i'd checked out some sociology classes because as a psych person, sociology as a discipline still makes me scratch my head  

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Nikunya

Trash Witch

43,740 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:01 pm
Yeata Zi
Nikunya

Dude. You don't have to afford college. You just have to be ok with owing loans.

Seriously. I haven't spent a dime of my own money on college ever--except for the initial fifty bucks it took to apply.

There's also a s**t ton of scholarships and grants out there too. I didn't even have to take out a loan until my junior year.

Don't ever let being poor stop you from getting an education. It is just not that difficult to obtain money for college.

True. I looked into it after high school....
I'd probably make it if I went to a community college. The schools I wanted to apply for were private art schools though.
I haven't given up entirely. Once I find a stable job I'm goin' to try and take some classes. : )

Someday I'll escape my retail slavery and have a job I actually want to do.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:06 pm
Nikunya
Yeata Zi
Nikunya

True. I looked into it after high school....
I'd probably make it if I went to a community college. The schools I wanted to apply for were private art schools though.
I haven't given up entirely. Once I find a stable job I'm goin' to try and take some classes. : )

Someday I'll escape my retail slavery and have a job I actually want to do.

I love retail. ;.;

And you could always start by taking your gen eds at a community college. That's what I did. Just make sure that they will transfer to the school you plan to go to. Often times, you can even test out of a few of them. c:  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm
Nikunya
what yeati said is so true

especially if the reason you're not going to college is that you can't afford it. i feel like they have it in the states too but in canada there are mad bursaries for people who can't afford education. that's like FREE MONEY.

@Mero
derp. i just assume anyone who says university instead of college isn't american xD  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff